Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vontaze Burfict's plan. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: April 23, 2012, 03:02:20 PM

Arizona State ILB Vontaze Burfict says he plans to return to school or try the Arena Football League if he goes undrafted.

"If I dont get drafted then I will have to go back to school, but I love football so much that I wont give up on football," Burfict said. "But I will go back to school and finish up my schooling ... and probably go somewhere else like Arena football or something but hopefully I make it to the NFL."

Source: Sports Radio Interviews Apr 23 - 2:33 PM

Vontaze Burfict tells critics: 'I love being coached'

By Marc Sessler NFL.com

Updated: April 23, 2012 at 05:26 p.m.

Vontaze Burfict's off-the-field troubles are well-documented, but the former Arizona State linebacker and self-proclaimed "soft-spoken guy" believes scouts and draft pundits have missed the mark.

Burfict wasn't invited to work out for a single team, and NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock said, "I'm not a fan at all," following the linebacker's underwhelming combine performance that included a 5.08 40-yard dash.

"I know who I am as a person and I know how my mom raised me. I just know whatever team picks me, they'll get a great linebacker," Burfict told WNST-AM in Baltimore this week, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "Once they see me on the field and see me off the field they'll be like 'Man, the media had this guy totally wrong. He's just such a great guy,' and stuff like that, so there will be a lot of good words after this draft about me."

Burfict acknowledged that "some of my immaturity kind of showed" during a three-year college career in which he was flagged for 17 personal fouls, but he refuted criticism that he won't listen to a coaching staff.

"I think that's totally wrong," Burfict said. "I love being coached because I'm not the greatest athlete but I loved being coached. You get better at every little thing that you do so by me being coached I love to listen to what a coach has to say because obviously they've been there and done that, so I think I'm very coachable."

It might be too late in the game for Burfict to salvage a rough walkup to the draft. He's a physical defender who shows good instincts on the field, but scouts have been scared away. That's a tough ship to right this late in the process.

: April 23, 2012, 05:49:00 PM michael89156

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 23, 2012, 03:04:22 PM

I honestly can't think of anyone better we can take after the 4th. If he's there, this should be a no brainer. We've wasted more valuable picks over the past 35 years and I have a feeling Schiano can work with him.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 23, 2012, 03:04:30 PM

I really, truly would not be upset iof we get him in like the 6th or 7th. No doubt he's talented, he just needs someone to help him on the right track. Schiano could be that guy.
: April 23, 2012, 03:06:19 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
#3 : April 23, 2012, 03:06:58 PM

Wow.  Just wow.  No other words can suffice.  One day there will be a 30 for 30 on this kid about a fall from all world out of high school to not even sniffing AFL2.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 23, 2012, 03:08:14 PM

I honestly can't think of anyone better we can take after the 4th. If he's there, this should be a no brainer. We've wasted more valuable picks over the past 35 years and I have a feeling Schiano can work with him.

Schiano doesn't have enough on his plate already?   Being a rookie HC and all?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 23, 2012, 03:12:10 PM

If there's one thing he's emphasized it's getting the players to be upstanding men. The talent he has is there, all he needs is discipline. He's not like Aqib who's too far gone.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 23, 2012, 03:13:23 PM

Burfict sucks.

How can what he does on the football field translate to "talented"?

Please explain Beetles.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 23, 2012, 03:14:56 PM

If there's one thing he's emphasized it's getting the players to be upstanding men. The talent he has is there, all he needs is discipline. He's not like Aqib who's too far gone.

I don't know Beat, this Burfict has done just about EVERYTHING wrong.   At least Talib made it into the league and got drafted fairly high, and got a nice payday.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 23, 2012, 03:16:32 PM

Ask the people before these issues came about. People were SCREAMING to draft him.

I won't deny at all he has character issues, but who can whip him into shape better than a coach that made his entire college career and now NFL career doing that?  That's Schiano's strength.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 23, 2012, 03:21:18 PM

Ask the people before these issues came about. People were SCREAMING to draft him.

I won't deny at all he has character issues, but who can whip him into shape better than a coach that made his entire college career and now NFL career doing that?  That's Schiano's strength.

There is a lot going on with the guy Beat.   Non football related.  He couldn't even get through an interview.   

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 23, 2012, 03:23:21 PM

People complain about Claiborne's wonderlic score ad nauseam, but nobody has commented on the fact that apparently Burfict doesn't realize that teams can acquire players after the draft?

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 23, 2012, 03:24:32 PM

Schiano is not a rookie head coach...Raheem Morris was a rookie head coach.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 23, 2012, 03:25:50 PM

Again though, we're talking late rounds. Who's available by then but scrubs anyway? is it gonna hurt us if a 6th rounder doesn't pan out?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 23, 2012, 03:25:53 PM

Schiano is not a rookie head coach...Raheem Morris was a rookie head coach.

In the NFL smart azz.    [j/k]

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 23, 2012, 03:27:04 PM

Again though, we're talking late rounds. Who's available by then but scrubs anyway? is it gonna hurt us if a 6th rounder doesn't pan out?

Bad influence on the rest of the rooks.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vontaze Burfict's plan. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools