Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft selection « previous next »
Page: 1

shawn731

Starter

: April 25, 2012, 07:49:01 PM

I was thinking about the prospects and wondered who was dominate in college in order to gauge the best prospect at #5.  Kinda like last year the consensus was LB Von Miller was going to be a beast.  Many weren't sure he could play coverage and stay on the field every down. The year before S E. Berry everyone thought was a reach when he was drafted but in college he was dominate.  And he proved it on the field in the NFL. So looking at this years draft who is that player that was absolutely dominate in college last year, and also will be there when we pick.   I can only think of one player on offense (other than Luck and Griffin) and that's Trent Richardson.  The only team that could somewhat contain him was LSU. On Defense I am having a hard time picking a player that was dominate in each game like Suh, Berry, Cushing, etc. was in past drafts.  So if I had to choose someone on D it would have to be Clairborne only because of the competition he played against and the college system he played in.  He wasn't the best player on that team but he was placed on an island against every WR against him (for those wondering Mathieu was an animal).  So if it was up to me tomorrow and we would select TR @ #$.  If gone then Clairborne, and then if both are gone Kalil. 

But I wonder can anyone name a player on Offense and Defense that was dominate all year like the examples posted?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft selection « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools