Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Yauch, MCA, Beastie Boys has passed away. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: May 04, 2012, 01:58:37 PM

RIP MCA.  Loved your stuff man.

: May 04, 2012, 02:29:16 PM Boid Fink

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 04, 2012, 02:00:00 PM

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#2 : May 04, 2012, 06:55:42 PM

RIP

Apparently this is the reason why he wasn't at the HoF. I hadn't heard anything about it.

Thanks for the sig Java!

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 04, 2012, 10:50:27 PM

I remember hearing it for the first time at summer camp in the 80's,  Fun times,  RIP

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 05, 2012, 01:23:06 AM

Part of the most influential group of my generation. Adam was a freakin pioneer be it rhyming or playing stand up bass.

Heavy heart all day and have been rockin my shirt I got back stage @ st Pete times years back.. Got to watch them play bball while I drank brews and chatted with mix mast mike.

"to all my sisters, and wives, and my friends......I want all the love and respect til the end"

Wife and I "mixed the Bass Ale and the Guiness brew" tonight in remembrance.

RIP Adam

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 05, 2012, 11:16:08 AM

Enshrining the Beastie Boys into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame is a prime example of why that place is a complete sham.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 05, 2012, 02:20:28 PM

As much as I despise, abhor, and all around HATE rap...the Beastie Boys are one of the few acts from that genre I can actually like. THAT'S saying something. 

RIP :(

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#7 : May 07, 2012, 05:36:53 PM

thought it was obnoxious music, but 47 yrs of age is way too young to die - sorry to see him go at an early age - sounds like he did have a very productive life, though, even though a shortened one....lost respect for the Rock and Rolll Hall of Fame when these juvenile delinquent rappers were selected

You've just now lost respect for the Rock and Roll HoF? It's been a joke for years. I used to be one of those guys who was always like "Why not Rush????"....until I realized how screwed up it is behind the scenes.

Thanks for the sig Java!

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 07, 2012, 07:35:52 PM

Volumes have been written on why the RnR HoF is an abomination (Jann Wenner) Regardless, here's three bands that should be enshrined immediately.

Rush*
The Smiths*

*Rush and The Smiths have gifted some of the most brilliant music in the history of RnR and It's absolutely criminal that these two bands have not been inducted.

KISS***

*** I can't stand their music, but their stamp on RnR cannot be denied.

Instead it's the freakin' Beastie Boys and ABBA.  ::)

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#9 : May 07, 2012, 09:21:57 PM

Really?   The Beastie Boys are in the Rock and Roll hall of fame but Rush isn't?    That's ridiculous.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 08, 2012, 12:44:38 AM

Really?   The Beastie Boys are in the Rock and Roll hall of fame but Rush isn't?    That's ridiculous.

Yes, it is ridiculous.

Here's a few more that could be included. Not a perfect list but it's a start.
I haven't double checked so maybe some on the list have been inducted.
But this will at least give you a jumping off point.

Kiss
Rush
Joy Division
**CENSORED** Dale
Roxy Music
Cheap Trick
The Smiths
(Morrissey)
Deep Purple
Chicago
Yes
Stone Roses
Happy Mondays
NY Dolls
Psychedelic Furs
Warren Zevon
Def Leppard
Jethro Tull
The Monkees
The Cars
Peter Frampton
INXS
Tom Waits (2011)
Todd Rundgren
The Moody Blues
: May 08, 2012, 12:49:14 AM Durango 95

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#11 : May 08, 2012, 01:34:44 AM

So to hell with the R&R HOF. 

But to the OP, mad props to Adam Yauch, RIP.
I can't believe that I heard it first on PR.  Thanks Boid.

These guys were great out of the gates, kept it great while rolling with the times, and even had character while they did it.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 08, 2012, 08:32:13 AM

I remember in the late 80's I took a girl to a Beastie Boys/ RunDMC concert.    I didn't particularly want to go, but she was hot and she wanted to go, so I went.    I thought it was just ok, but she thought it was the best concert she'd ever seen in her life.   Even now when I run into her, she'll tell me that was the best concert she's seen in her life.    I don't think I'd rate it in the top 50 concerts I've seen, but some people obviously really liked them.   I think it may have been that it was the one of the first concerts she had ever been to.   She was only 18 at the time and I was 24 so we had a bit of a different perspective.

: May 08, 2012, 08:37:28 AM JavaRay

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 08, 2012, 09:04:21 AM

Cradle robber.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 08, 2012, 09:46:29 AM

Back then I did think that 6 years was a big difference in age.    She did seem immature at the time, but she was really quite hot so I went for it.   My current girlfriend is 21 years younger than me though and for some reason it doesn't seem as big a deal since she's more mentally mature at 27.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Yauch, MCA, Beastie Boys has passed away. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools