Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Yauch, MCA, Beastie Boys has passed away. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : May 08, 2012, 10:04:37 AM

Greatest thing that ever happened to me was turning 45 and being single. Started to get a little bit of gray in the sideburns and everywhere I look little miss daddy issues is giving me the eye. Would suck to croak now, things are just getting good.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 08, 2012, 10:40:22 AM

I liked being single at 40 just as much as being single at 45.     We have a rule of thumb here.    Once a guy passes 35 years old, the perfect age match for him is to divide his age by 2, then add 3.   So at 50 years old, you divide by 2 to get 25 and add 3, so 28 is the perfect age for a 50 year old to date.    You can add 5 to that if you like and date up to 33 years old, but deducting years from it is ok only for one night stands.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 09, 2012, 07:39:06 PM

Really?   The Beastie Boys are in the Rock and Roll hall of fame but Rush isn't?    That's ridiculous.

Yes, it is ridiculous.

Here's a few more that could be included. Not a perfect list but it's a start.
I haven't double checked so maybe some on the list have been inducted.
But this will at least give you a jumping off point.

Kiss
Rush
Joy Division
**CENSORED** Dale
Roxy Music
Cheap Trick
The Smiths
(Morrissey)
Deep Purple
Chicago
Yes
Stone Roses
Happy Mondays
NY Dolls
Psychedelic Furs
Warren Zevon
Def Leppard
Jethro Tull
The Monkees
The Cars
Peter Frampton
INXS
Tom Waits (2011)
Todd Rundgren
The Moody Blues

Stone Roses over Beasties? Are you frigging kidding me? I like Stone Roses but no way in hell over Beastie Boys and all the different sounds they had through their careers.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 12, 2012, 09:29:37 AM

Really?   The Beastie Boys are in the Rock and Roll hall of fame but Rush isn't?    That's ridiculous.

Yes, it is ridiculous.

Here's a few more that could be included. Not a perfect list but it's a start.
I haven't double checked so maybe some on the list have been inducted.
But this will at least give you a jumping off point.

Kiss
Rush
Joy Division
**CENSORED** Dale
Roxy Music
Cheap Trick
The Smiths
(Morrissey)
Deep Purple
Chicago
Yes
Stone Roses
Happy Mondays
NY Dolls
Psychedelic Furs
Warren Zevon
Def Leppard
Jethro Tull
The Monkees
The Cars
Peter Frampton
INXS
Tom Waits (2011)
Todd Rundgren
The Moody Blues

I'll give you the following:

Kiss
Rush
Cheap Trick
Deep Purple
Chicago
Def Leppard
The Monkees
The Cars
Peter Frampton
INXS

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 12, 2012, 08:12:04 PM

Rush Is In! The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame

After all our whining, we have to pass along word that Rush has made it into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

And, yes, we know that some of this year's other inductees, announced today, may be more "important":

Heart.

Randy Newman.

Public Enemy.

Donna Summer.

Albert King.

Lou Adler.

Quincy Jones.

But we'll leave it up to our friends at The Record to debate the artists' merits. Rush's Geddy Lee tells Rolling Stone the band is honored. He thinks, though, that Deep Purple should have made it in this year as well.

We're just glad the people have spoken (fans got to vote this year; Two-Way readers, by the way, expressed their strong support for Rush in 2011).

The induction ceremony is April 18 in Los Angeles.

"Catch the mystery, catch the drift."
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/12/11/166984969/rush-is-in-the-rock-roll-hall-of-fame-that-is

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 12, 2012, 08:17:51 PM

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 13, 2012, 02:20:12 AM

Rush Is In! The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame

After all our whining, we have to pass along word that Rush has made it into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

And, yes, we know that some of this year's other inductees, announced today, may be more "important":

Heart.

Randy Newman.

Public Enemy.

Donna Summer.

Albert King.

Lou Adler.

Quincy Jones.

But we'll leave it up to our friends at The Record to debate the artists' merits. Rush's Geddy Lee tells Rolling Stone the band is honored. He thinks, though, that Deep Purple should have made it in this year as well.

We're just glad the people have spoken (fans got to vote this year; Two-Way readers, by the way, expressed their strong support for Rush in 2011).

The induction ceremony is April 18 in Los Angeles.

"Catch the mystery, catch the drift."
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/12/11/166984969/rush-is-in-the-rock-roll-hall-of-fame-that-is

Public Enemy is in the hall of fame?    The Hall of Fame is worthless then.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 13, 2012, 02:22:55 AM

Public Enemy is probably one of the 10 most influential groups of the 20th century of any genre.  Like it or not, they belong more than Rush (And I'm a huge Rush fan)

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 13, 2012, 02:27:06 AM

Influential for crap music.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 13, 2012, 02:32:38 AM

Hey, if Hank Williams can be in it, Public Enemy certainly has a right.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 13, 2012, 02:41:43 AM

Hank Williams had talent.   Public Enemy doesn't even have one good song, or any talent.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 13, 2012, 12:17:19 PM

More talent than Tebow!

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#27 : December 13, 2012, 02:42:04 PM

Neither Public Enemy or Hank Williams should be in the rock and roll hall of fame, because they are not predominantly rock artists. They should just call it the music hall of fame if they are going to let any type of artist in.  Its pretty stupid anyways

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 13, 2012, 02:53:01 PM

I mean, the problem is what is specifically rock and roll.  You could make a case that Elvis was more country than rock.  Is prog rock the same as rock and roll?  Rock and roll spawned from rhythm and blues.  Rap also spawned from R&B.  So how do you define it?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 13, 2012, 04:33:10 PM

Rap spawned from R&B?     R&B is about 1 million times better than rap, so that is a huge regression.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Yauch, MCA, Beastie Boys has passed away. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools