Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama backs gay marriage while North Carolina votes to ban it « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#30 : May 10, 2012, 04:14:51 PM

Except the black community, who has voted against gay marriage at almost every opportunity.  Whether in California or North Carolina, the black vote has been against gay marriage.

Just curious but where did you get from?

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#31 : May 10, 2012, 04:19:00 PM

I don't think it will hurt much. Most of the people who are against same sex marriage weren't going to vote for him any way.

Here's what the Ron Paul folks can do to cause a little havoc in Tampa at the R convention.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/ron-pauls-not-so-secret-plot-for-the-gop-convention

In and of itself it may not, but the whole might hurt him eventually.

I think Romney is going to pummel him on the economy. That will probably grab a lot of independents.  BO is currently running on on Gay marriage and free birth control. This may fire up the uber liberals, but it will also fire up the ultra conservatives, and piss off a large number of liberal Catholics and evangelicals in the process. Just because many of these people weren't going to vote for him anyway, doesn't mean they were exactly falling over themselves to vote for Romney either.  I can see what he is trying to do but not so sure it will work, and could possibly backfire.

Just look at Wisconsin. Not suggesting Walker is safe, but in the process of whipping up the base for his recall they whipped up the opposition as well. Almost a million people turned up and voted in a totally irrelevant Republican primary, by all accounts just to make a point. Well, they did and raised a lot of eyebrows doing so.

Interesting statement. I have a feeling same sex marriage dabate will get so much attention, important issues like will be sweeped under the rug. Well to think about it, it happens nearly every election.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#32 : May 10, 2012, 04:52:04 PM

It means people don't read and/or understand what they are voting on.

Thanks.

So you're saying that if people had known that gays were already covered as far as marriage was concerned, they wouldn't have voted for it?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#33 : May 10, 2012, 04:56:44 PM

I have a feeling same sex marriage dabate will get so much attention, important issues like ________ will be sweeped under the rug.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 10, 2012, 05:13:04 PM

I don't think it will hurt much. Most of the people who are against same sex marriage weren't going to vote for him any way.

Here's what the Ron Paul folks can do to cause a little havoc in Tampa at the R convention.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/ron-pauls-not-so-secret-plot-for-the-gop-convention

In and of itself it may not, but the whole might hurt him eventually.

I think Romney is going to pummel him on the economy. That will probably grab a lot of independents.  BO is currently running on on Gay marriage and free birth control. This may fire up the uber liberals, but it will also fire up the ultra conservatives, and piss off a large number of liberal Catholics and evangelicals in the process. Just because many of these people weren't going to vote for him anyway, doesn't mean they were exactly falling over themselves to vote for Romney either.  I can see what he is trying to do but not so sure it will work, and could possibly backfire.

Just look at Wisconsin. Not suggesting Walker is safe, but in the process of whipping up the base for his recall they whipped up the opposition as well. Almost a million people turned up and voted in a totally irrelevant Republican primary, by all accounts just to make a point. Well, they did and raised a lot of eyebrows doing so.

Interesting statement. I have a feeling same sex marriage dabate will get so much attention, important issues like will be sweeped under the rug. Well to think about it, it happens nearly every election.

I think Romney can turn it.

If you want a job, vote for me. If you want an invite to a gay wedding, vote for him. What's more important to you?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 10, 2012, 05:28:03 PM

I've already got a job, and a gay wedding is a great place to pick up chicks.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 10, 2012, 05:29:35 PM

Oh you're one of those who think they can 'turn' lesbians huh?

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#37 : May 10, 2012, 06:03:12 PM

Oh you're one of those who think they can 'turn' lesbians huh?

We all know there's only one person powerful enought do that ....

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 10, 2012, 06:14:01 PM

Lesbians are very angry that they'll never marry a man and settle down ...and they will take it out on you.

If you like that sort of thing.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 10, 2012, 07:37:22 PM

Most of the people who are against same sex marriage weren't going to vote for him any way.

Except the black community, who has voted against gay marriage at almost every opportunity.  Whether in California or North Carolina, the black vote has been against gay marriage.

Yeah, I realized when I posted that it was not accurate. Black opinions are slowly changing on the subject but the majority are
still against it. But this issue is not a big issue with most people. At least not enough to make them vote for Mitt if they support Obama.

And despite what Spartan wrote, Obama is not "running" on gay marriage and free birth control.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 10, 2012, 08:06:04 PM

Had to get the gay issue going to make the attack on Romney work.  Well, that and preparation for picking up checks from the gay community - their fundraising check is due.  Wonder if Barry will talk to some more folks and change his opinion on gay marriage again...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

gone

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 10, 2012, 08:16:48 PM

Obama backs anything he thinks will help him politically.  He left them swinging in the wind for the last three year so he could use them as a tool in the election.  And still people who want to believe refuse to see him for the reptillian slug he is even though it's right in front of their eyes. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 10, 2012, 08:28:40 PM

'doc - he didn't say he was going to try to get gay marriage put in place, nor help others do it - he just had his epiphany and picked up the checks.  this guy is good.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

spartan

Hall of Famer
#43 : May 10, 2012, 09:07:50 PM

Most of the people who are against same sex marriage weren't going to vote for him any way.

Yeah, I realized when I posted that it was not accurate. Black opinions are slowly changing on the subject but the majority are
still against it. But this issue is not a big issue with most people. At least not enough to make them vote for Mitt if they support Obama.

And despite what Spartan wrote, Obama is not "running" on gay marriage and free birth control.

You're right, sorry, I forgot "raise taxes". You aware of anything else?

Be honest now Joe, are you aware of any other policy  the President has advocated this year that he intends to pursue in his 2nd term?  In fact, make in the last 12 months?
: May 10, 2012, 09:11:14 PM spartan

spartan

Hall of Famer
#44 : May 10, 2012, 09:21:15 PM

Admittedly PrezBo says he will not run on Gay Marriage, but seeing as his opinion is 'evolving' can we believe that? Either he is talking out of his arse to the gay community for their votes and money, or he is talking out of his arse to the rest of us. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama backs gay marriage while North Carolina votes to ban it « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools