Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman weight loss « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#135 : June 24, 2012, 08:52:11 AM

Why do you hold Freeman at a higher level than every other QB in the league? Other than Cam Newton, how many QBs look anything like Terrell Owens? Why would you expect that of Freeman?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#136 : June 24, 2012, 09:36:13 AM

Why do you hold Freeman at a higher level than every other QB in the league? Other than Cam Newton, how many QBs look anything like Terrell Owens? Why would you expect that of Freeman?

I don't want him to look like Cam Newton or T.O .  I'd rather him to look like Big Ben .... not Josh Johnson.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#137 : June 24, 2012, 10:08:50 AM

I suspect Josh would not have lost much if any muscularity - just some weight that wasn't serving a positive purpose.  Again we will see what if any impact occurs when the team gets on the field.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#138 : June 24, 2012, 10:30:09 AM

I have never seen a QB that was jacked and was good.

Dan Marino, Big Ben, Joe MOntana, Steve Young, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Phil Rivers, Tony Romo...these guys are NOT jacked.  Freeman NEEDED to lose weight, and he will benefit from it, IMO.  At least in terms of conditioning.  Not having to carry extra weight on every step is a big deal, IMO.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#139 : June 24, 2012, 10:44:15 AM

I don't want him to look like Cam Newton or T.O .  I'd rather him to look like Big Ben .... not Josh Johnson.

Agree

Freeman NEEDED to lose weight, and he will benefit from it, IMO.

No doubt, he did. Its the amount of weight loss that concerns me.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#140 : June 24, 2012, 10:47:27 AM

Not to be concerned, all he has to do is again frequent Taco Bell - it isn't like he can't put weight on

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#141 : June 24, 2012, 10:48:58 AM

Dan Marino, Big Ben, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Phil Rivers, Tony Romo...

One of these things is not like the others......

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#142 : June 24, 2012, 11:06:39 AM

C'mon man. Josh Johnson comparisons? JJ is 6'3" 200lbs.....that is nothing like 6'6" 230-240lbs. You guys are reaching.

DaRealdeal

Rookie
#143 : June 24, 2012, 11:23:51 AM

This was posted on Football's Future roughly a month ago...

Freeman is ripped up. Not scrawny at all. He might be in the best shape of his life.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#144 : June 24, 2012, 11:33:25 AM

And........ FWIW...   If I were Freeman, I'd be looking like friggin' Superman.  I'm talking T.O. kind of shape;

When I see a pic of Freeman like this... 

Let's just say I AM a little disappointed in the kid.

I'm not saying Free should actually get THAT trucked, but a happy medium between the way he looks now & "that year" T.O.

I've lost some respect with him taking a picture with some dbag St. loser Cardinals at the K.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#145 : June 24, 2012, 12:34:48 PM

Freeman's in the best shape of his life. Still plenty jacked. Don't see how anyone sees this as anything but a big positive.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#146 : June 24, 2012, 12:37:59 PM

Dan Marino, Big Ben, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Phil Rivers, Tony Romo...

Romo has put up beast numbers.  He has failed in teh clutch however, much like a few of the aforementioned.  Doesn't mean they are bad QBs...

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#147 : June 24, 2012, 12:46:25 PM

Freeman taking care of his body is nothing to be concerned about. Of course it makes him more elusive, agile, and quicker but he will make better decisions too. Eating unhealthy can really cloud your judgement and decision making. I think we will see a different Freeman this year.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#148 : June 24, 2012, 01:08:42 PM

Romo has put up beast numbers.  He has failed in teh clutch however, much like a few of the aforementioned.  Doesn't mean they are bad QBs...

Tony Romo's career has been him going "beast" in games against crappy teams....which is essentially what people criticize when looking at what Josh Freeman did in 2010. Sure Romo plays well in divisional matchups from time to time and it is important to beat the teams that you should beat....but putting up "beast numbers" is a bit overrated...just like Tony Romo.
: June 24, 2012, 01:10:36 PM chace1986

Hate

Hall of Famer
#149 : June 24, 2012, 01:23:25 PM

This was posted on Football's Future roughly a month ago...

Freeman is ripped up. Not scrawny at all. He might be in the best shape of his life.

After seeing this pic, i'm inclined to agree

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman weight loss « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools