Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Government Failure As a Funnel « previous next »
Page: 1 2

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 17, 2012, 11:27:30 AM

Lol. Man that is some crazy convoluted "logic"

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 17, 2012, 11:31:02 AM

Care to elaborate?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 17, 2012, 11:39:01 AM

Care to elaborate?

Not really, no. Been there done that. You are like a black hole. Note another poster commenting about your talking in circles.  Anyway, a chimp could see what I am referring to so my guess is that you can to.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 17, 2012, 11:42:24 AM

Care to elaborate?

Not really, no. Been there done that. You are like a black hole. Note another poster commenting about your talking in circles.  Anyway, a chimp could see what I am referring to so my guess is that you can to.

Given that most people who start a thread like this generally expect some form of debate, I can only imagine that you are opting to forgo a rebuttal because you don't have a coherent one. Wouldn't be the first time I suppose.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#19 : May 17, 2012, 11:43:51 AM

Care to elaborate?

Given that most people who start a thread like this generally expect some form of debate, I can only imagine that you are opting to forgo a rebuttal because you don't have a coherent one. Wouldn't be the first time I suppose.

+1

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 17, 2012, 11:48:03 AM

Care to elaborate?

who is foregoing debate?  LOL.  Nice try, but like i said conversing with you is a monumental waste of time

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 17, 2012, 11:53:49 AM

The US economy is inextricably linked to credit markets.  What keeps the economy going is access to capital.  When the government charged with regulating those credit markets fails in its duty and, in fact, compunds the problem through active intervention, the solution is NOT to dole out money claiming it is stimulus.  Evidence is plentiful, the ED money being only one example.  Yet, there are numerous people who actively campaign to give MORE money to the government?  Aside from providing a national defense and monitoring certain issues, like civil rights as an example, the government should stay out of the way.  Its no wonder the financial condition of the county given our goverment giving away stimulous money for things like the ED study and allowing govermnet agencies to manages budgets as to other posters commented.  There are very, very few things the government can do better than the private sector,

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 17, 2012, 12:17:36 PM

The US economy is inextricably linked to credit markets.  What keeps the economy going is access to capital.  When the government charged with regulating those credit markets fails in its duty and, in fact, compunds the problem through active intervention, the solution is NOT to dole out money claiming it is stimulus.  Evidence is plentiful, the ED money being only one example.  Yet, there are numerous people who actively campaign to give MORE money to the government?  Aside from providing a national defense and monitoring certain issues, like civil rights as an example, the government should stay out of the way.  Its no wonder the financial condition of the county given our goverment giving away stimulous money for things like the ED study and allowing govermnet agencies to manages budgets as to other posters commented.  There are very, very few things the government can do better than the private sector,

What are you basing this on? The fact that laissez faire capitalism worked so smashingly well in the 1920's?  ::)

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 17, 2012, 12:43:42 PM

What are you basing this on? The fact that laissez faire capitalism worked so smashingly well in the 1920's?  ::)

Lol.  The disconnect is do obvious my guess is you are just trolling. I am sure you know why your comment makes no sense do I will not waste the time

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 17, 2012, 12:54:15 PM

Lol.  The disconnect is do obvious my guess is you are just trolling. I am sure you know why your comment makes no sense do I will not waste the time

Is there a disconnect, or are you just simply unaware of the connection?

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#25 : May 17, 2012, 01:05:18 PM

You are right on one thing. There are very few things the government can do better than the private sector. One thing that is ignored is people thinking only the government creates regulations. They create some but lobbyists create them too to either get ride of competition or startups from taking away business. Big business and the government work more together than separately. I notice you ignored the fact that the stimulous money made some businesses (i.e. banks) bigger. Also there need to be some regulation among companies. Do you really think oil companies would clean up spills if there were no regulations? Also, some regulationss are so low it is more cost effective for companies to pay fines versus doing what they suppose to do. There needs to be a fair level of checks-and-balances. The no government free market does not work. In fact, after the depression, it was companies wanted the Feds to create regulation. Amazing who people tend to forget that.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 17, 2012, 01:56:09 PM

You are right on one thing. There are very few things the government can do better than the private sector. One thing that is ignored is people thinking only the government creates regulations. They create some but lobbyists create them too to either get ride of competition or startups from taking away business. Big business and the government work more together than separately. I notice you ignored the fact that the stimulous money made some businesses (i.e. banks) bigger. Also there need to be some regulation among companies. Do you really think oil companies would clean up spills if there were no regulations? Also, some regulationss are so low it is more cost effective for companies to pay fines versus doing what they suppose to do. There needs to be a fair level of checks-and-balances. The no government free market does not work. In fact, after the depression, it was companies wanted the Feds to create regulation. Amazing who people tend to forget that.

In my comment I criticized the government for failing to adequately regulate banks and I said that government was actually good for monitoring, so I am not suggesting no regulation. When I say government should get out of the way I mean going things that the private sector did or does better

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 17, 2012, 02:13:21 PM

In my comment I criticized the government for failing to adequately regulate banks and I said that government was actually good for monitoring, so I am not suggesting no regulation. When I say government should get out of the way I mean going things that the private sector did or does better

Given that you classified my comment on Glass-Steagall as convoluted logic, I'd be interested in knowing what your idea of regulation really is.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 17, 2012, 03:24:53 PM

Given that you classified my comment on Glass-Steagall as convoluted logic, I'd be interested in knowing what your idea of regulation really is.

Swing ...... And a miss

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 30, 2012, 12:50:52 PM

The funnel keeps wasting and wasting:

http://www.bakersfield.com/opinion/community/x243435133/What-happened-to-Californias-shiny-new-blue-yellow-and-white-train

" The train has always been a utopian dream, a figment of imagination among progressive thinkers, an extremely expensive lie that will never be a reality."

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Government Failure As a Funnel « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools