Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst Poster « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#75 : May 27, 2012, 02:10:58 PM

Do a search on the username ufojoe and the word jackass.    Plenty of first attacks...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#76 : May 27, 2012, 08:36:49 PM

Instead of naming the worst, I am naming some posters that IMO should not even be on the list.

dbucfan
CBWx2
Spartan
UfoJoe

I have not seen any of those initiate any name calling/mudslinging/ad hominem and they usually are reasonable in their posts.

The names I used in both "Best" and "Worst" were exactly the same, which was done on purpose.  There were people that I thought didn't deserve to be on either list too, but I wanted to be consistent.

And why no morgan on the list?

Same reason Java, Thomas, and a few others aren't.  They don't offer any debate.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#77 : May 27, 2012, 10:24:03 PM

Instead of naming the worst, I am naming some posters that IMO should not even be on the list.

dbucfan
CBWx2
Spartan
UfoJoe

I have not seen any of those initiate any name calling/mudslinging/ad hominem and they usually are reasonable in their posts.

The names I used in both "Best" and "Worst" were exactly the same, which was done on purpose.  There were people that I thought didn't deserve to be on either list too, but I wanted to be consistent.

And why no morgan on the list?

Same reason Java, Thomas, and a few others aren't.  They don't offer any debate.
Then this is a prejudice poll on the basis of temperament and not truly on debate...OBD

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#78 : May 28, 2012, 08:27:11 AM

Then this is a prejudice poll on the basis of temperament and not truly on debate...OBD

I think you misunderstand.  Temperament has no basis at all.  If it did, those posters who don't offer any debate would be on the list.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#79 : May 28, 2012, 10:55:24 AM

Well this poll has proved one thing, people love the "negative" more than the positive. "worst poster" thread has 6 pages of posts, "Best Poster" thread only 3.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#80 : May 28, 2012, 02:31:49 PM

Well this poll has proved one thing, people love the "negative" more than the positive. "worst poster" thread has 6 pages of posts, "Best Poster" thread only 3.

Or you have about 4 or 5 pages of people who don't particularly get on well poking their tongues out at each other. Which is what I think prompted the thread to begin with :)

I hate you.
Well I really hate you.
Ah, but I really, really hate you.
Ha, I really, really hate you with cream on top.
But I really, really, hate you with cream on top and a cherry so there.
Cherry? Is that the best you can do? I really, really hate you with cream on top and a freshly picked strawberry.
You didn't let me finish, I really ..........

Anybody not see this coming?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#81 : May 29, 2012, 09:19:47 AM

Or you have about 4 or 5 pages of people who don't particularly get on well poking their tongues out at each other. Which is what I think prompted the thread to begin with :)

uh-huh

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#82 : February 03, 2013, 12:19:08 PM

Anybody else want vote?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#83 : February 03, 2013, 12:31:18 PM

Just posted this in the other thread, interesting that this thread is raised from the depths at the same time

Freud considered shooting the messenger a 'marginal case of fending off what is distressing or unbearable' - citing the example of 'the famous lament of the Spanish Moors Ay de mi Alhama, which tells how King Boabdil received the news of the fall of his city of Alhama. He feels that this loss means the end of his rule. But he will not "let it be true"...."He threw the letters in the fire and killed the messenger"'.Freud added that 'a further determinant of this behaviour of the king was his need to combat a feeling of powerlessness.

On a voluntary and anonymous internet message board . . .  a vote on the "worst poster?"   Really? Shooting an anonymous messenger might be the biggest sign of impotence.  Now, who was it that raised this thread from the depths today? Oh . . . wait . . .  the same guy that created the thread originally . . . . guess that "feeling of powerlessness" is kicking in today?

: February 03, 2013, 12:33:11 PM VinBucFan

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#84 : February 03, 2013, 01:10:06 PM

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don't like that.

Why thank you, Vin. Is this a bad time to mention that it was me who put Wasabi in your butthurt ointment?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#85 : February 03, 2013, 01:12:32 PM

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don't like that.

Why thank you, Vin. Is this a bad time to mention that it was me who put Wasabi in your butthurt ointment?

Hey Iullum thanks for proving you are here on the message board, which means you are afraid to put your name on it in the other thread!  Brave enough to anonymously vote for shooting me in the face, but too afraid to put your actual name on it.  As I thought . . . .

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#86 : February 07, 2013, 12:16:53 PM

Just posted this in the other thread, interesting that this thread is raised from the depths at the same time

Freud considered shooting the messenger a 'marginal case of fending off what is distressing or unbearable' - citing the example of 'the famous lament of the Spanish Moors Ay de mi Alhama, which tells how King Boabdil received the news of the fall of his city of Alhama. He feels that this loss means the end of his rule. But he will not "let it be true"...."He threw the letters in the fire and killed the messenger"'.Freud added that 'a further determinant of this behaviour of the king was his need to combat a feeling of powerlessness.

On a voluntary and anonymous internet message board . . .  a vote on the "worst poster?"   Really? Shooting an anonymous messenger might be the biggest sign of impotence.  Now, who was it that raised this thread from the depths today? Oh . . . wait . . .  the same guy that created the thread originally . . . . guess that "feeling of powerlessness" is kicking in today?

Don't see the relation between "shoot the messenger" and a worst poster vote. "Shoot the messenger" relates to striking out at a person who conveys TRUE and ACCURATE information because you don't like the info. "Worst poster" is about someone who constantly brings false and undefendable messages then proclaims them as true.

Worst poster (IMO) is someone who's argumentative and debate skill are lacking, who's logic is dubious, and who often resorts to ad hominem attacks and thread sidetracks and hijacks. I'd say the "worst poster" is often the same guy that does "shoot the messenger" 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#87 : February 07, 2013, 12:25:24 PM

Me

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#88 : February 07, 2013, 12:50:10 PM

I hate you.
Well I really hate you.
Ah, but I really, really hate you.
Ha, I really, really hate you with cream on top.
But I really, really, hate you with cream on top and a cherry so there.
Cherry? Is that the best you can do? I really, really hate you with cream on top and a freshly picked strawberry.
You didn't let me finish, I really ..........

Anybody not see this coming?
I thankfully didn't see this thread the first time around, but got a kick out of this post with the recent bump.  Thanks for the laugh and the i must say I concur.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#89 : February 07, 2013, 05:25:31 PM

Disappointed I didn't make the list

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst Poster « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools