Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking Bad « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 22 23 24 25

bucs449

Hall of Famer

« #345 : October 01, 2013, 12:18:35 AM »

I will miss the best show on television. Probably the best show I have ever watched.

Well, at least I get to watch my team play quality football every Sunday for a while.

Oh, wait...

Haha, exactly how I feel my man. Breaking Bad always made me feel better after a **CENSORED**ty Bucs game. It's really sad it's over but the ending was so perfect and satisfying. All hail the king!!
« : October 01, 2013, 12:20:41 AM bucs449 »

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #346 : October 01, 2013, 10:53:10 AM »

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/10/01/breaking-bad-finale-scores-record-10-3-million-viewers-6-7-million-adults-18-49/205634/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

New York, NY – Sept. 30, 2013 –AMC’s Breaking Bad capped its historic run last night, delivering a series-record 10.3 million viewers, including 6.7 million adults 18-49. Ratings for the final episode were up 300% over last year’s finale, demonstrating the remarkable growth of this iconic series. An expanded one-hour Talking Bad aftershow delivered 4.4 million viewers, including 2.9 million adults 18-49.

“Breaking Bad is simply unique,” said Charlie Collier, AMC president. “It all starts with Vince Gilligan who really only ever asked for one thing – the opportunity to end the show on his own terms. That is exactly what Vince did last night and, as always, brilliantly so. Congratulations to Vince and to every single person involved in this remarkable journey. We’re proud that AMC will forever be known as the birthplace and home of this iconic show and, at the same time, we tip our Heisenberg hat to the fans who made this a truly shared experience.”

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #347 : October 01, 2013, 03:45:37 PM »

Funny that the show was rejected by the major networks. 

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

« #348 : October 01, 2013, 07:27:47 PM »

What an amazing show. I'm sad to see it go but I'm glad it didn't get dragged on longer than it should have. It ended appropriately with an amazing season.
I was so glad to see Jesse get out of it alive and to get his revenge on Todd. Walts final scene was also very perfect.
Incredible show, well done Vince Gilligan and the best actors I've ever seen on television.
Ugh.... Dexter is gone, Breaking Bad is gone.... the Bucs suck.... I sincerely hope The Walking Dead is amazing this year!!!

Not living, just killing time.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #349 : October 01, 2013, 11:38:32 PM »

The ironic thing is that Jesse wasn't originally suppose to last more than a season or two but the chemistry was so good between him and Walt that they decided not to kill his character off. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #350 : October 02, 2013, 12:24:03 AM »

The guy who played Jesse, was on the news, camera crews following him everywhere this weekend. He looks very young not in character.
have you seen his wife?

No, I am assuming she is hot?   I will google her.

I thought the ending was ok.  Not great, but ok.

She looks a lot like that country singer, who's name escapes me at the moment.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #351 : October 02, 2013, 08:48:40 AM »

Miranda Lambert?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #352 : October 02, 2013, 10:09:14 PM »

Miranda Lambert?

Ya thanks. I am not a big country fan, but that is who I was thinking of.

I would imagine Aaron and her are rolling in cash now.  Or maybe they didn't get huge dollars for BB.  Seeing it was shopped all over, and AMC was the only network to take a chance. But even so, they will be highly sought after actors for future work.   I wonder if Vince hand picked the cast, or left it to a casting director? Because every one of them were great, great actors.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #353 : October 03, 2013, 11:36:57 AM »

Miranda Lambert?

I would imagine Aaron and her are rolling in cash now.  Or maybe they didn't get huge dollars for BB.  Seeing it was shopped all over, and AMC was the only network to take a chance. But even so, they will be highly sought after actors for future work.   I wonder if Vince hand picked the cast, or left it to a casting director? Because every one of them were great, great actors.
Can't believe no major network picked up BB. Probably kicking themselves.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #354 : October 03, 2013, 06:03:38 PM »

Miranda Lambert?

he's got a new movie coming out , Need For Speed .

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #355 : July 02, 2014, 10:20:18 AM »

Not much of a TV fan but just finished watching Breaking Bad on Netflix.

Thought the final song by Badfinger  "MY BABY BLUE" was the perfect song and even though I am well aware that the purpose of the song in the show was concerning the guys crowning achievement in producing the excellence of the drug and its color, I think the original intent of the song has an additional meaning to its usage lost on the producers and not mentioned.

From the song "MY BABY BLUE"

Guess I got what I deserve
Kept you waiting there, too long my love
All that time, without a word
Didn't know you'd think, that I'd forget, or I'd regret

The special love I have for you
My baby blue ( His wife had blue eyes)

All the days became so long
Did you really think I'd do you wrong
Dixie, when I let you go
Thought you'd realize, I would know, I would show

The special love I have for you
My baby blue

Since he left his son in a irrevocable trust of 9 million and killed all the bad guys didn't he actually accomplish his only goal from the beginning?  Taking care of his family?   

Either way the biggest take from the show is how horrible the declaring of a WAR ON DRUGS has been for this country. I still believe it is the single worst policy ever enacted in America's history.  It has made the problem 100,000 times worse than could ever be imagined.

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

« #356 : July 03, 2014, 02:06:01 PM »

I definitely saw parrallels between the song and Skyler as well, though my initial thought is still Blue Sky.
Man, I really miss this show... this and Dexter. Dexter had it's down moments near the end but I'm having a hard time finding anything to replace these two shows. :(

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
« #357 : July 03, 2014, 02:29:08 PM »

I definitely saw parrallels between the song and Skyler as well, though my initial thought is still Blue Sky.
Man, I really miss this show... this and Dexter. Dexter had it's down moments near the end but I'm having a hard time finding anything to replace these two shows. :(

I'm with you.  I watch Game of Thrones and I still miss BB and Dex.  I'm just going to wait a couple months and watch them all over again. 

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

« #358 : July 03, 2014, 03:12:34 PM »

I'm with you.  I watch Game of Thrones and I still miss BB and Dex.  I'm just going to wait a couple months and watch them all over again.
Oh yeah, I watch Game of Thrones and I even do XFiles and Orange is the New Black on netflix with my wife lol... but neither can fill the Heisenberg or Dexter shaped holes in my heart.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #359 : July 03, 2014, 08:47:23 PM »

I saw Jesse the other day doing an interview. He was saying BB was the role of a lifetime for him, but he still reads tons of scripts. And when he finds the right fit, he will work again.

I can understand the networks saying no thanks. A show about some guys cooking meth? But it just worked. I never did drugs my entire life, but I loved the show just the same.

I didn't watch the show the from the start. I heard about it in the 3rd season, I think it was. But by the time the 4th season started, I had got caught up on every episode I missed.

Great writing, great actors.  Even that slimy attorney Walt confided in, was frekin hilarious.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
  Page: 1 ... 22 23 24 25
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking Bad « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools