Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Dallas Clark be relevant with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 23, 2012, 03:20:28 PM

I have seen enough of Clark's play to know he doesn't have stone hands.  Now, is he fully recovered and ready to go - well hopefully the staff verified that

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 23, 2012, 03:37:05 PM

He had 8 drops in sixty or so targets.  That is awful.  And he made no excuses for it last year.

He had hands of stone last year.

He really should think about clipping those nails....

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 23, 2012, 03:44:06 PM

I seem to be in the minority that thinks Clark will be more of a situational player on passing downs with Stocker getting the majority of snaps. Basically, I think the team will mostly do three-WR sets with a blocking TE and use Clark for third downs and red zone situations.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 23, 2012, 03:58:27 PM

I think it will depend on his health. If he's healthy he will be on the field. He had over 100 catches in 2009. That wasn't that long ago right?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 23, 2012, 05:08:54 PM

I think it will depend on his health. If he's healthy he will be on the field. He had over 100 catches in 2009. That wasn't that long ago right?

3 years? That's the average length of an NFL career.....and we are talking about guys with bodies over a decade younger.

gone

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 23, 2012, 05:38:11 PM

Clark is old, injury prone, and has hands of stone.

He doesn;t have one of the most precise passers in the NFL throwing him the ball anymore.  He has a QB who struggles with ball placement.  I think Clark is a massive downgrade in talent.  But we roll onward.

Hands of stone? Really??

Boid has chubby for Winslow, he's just pissed he's gone.  Don't expect him to be objective on this one.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 23, 2012, 06:36:26 PM

I got your "stone hands" right here :

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : June 23, 2012, 06:43:15 PM

I seem to be in the minority that thinks Clark will be more of a situational player on passing downs with Stocker getting the majority of snaps.

I tend to agree.  I'm guessing Stocker will get more snaps than Clark this season.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 23, 2012, 07:10:50 PM

Nice hands....but you gotta admit your grandpa could've run that same route....at approx. the same speed.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 23, 2012, 07:22:45 PM

Nice hands....but you gotta admit your grandpa could've run that same route....at approx. the same speed.

Clark has always been slow , speed is not his game , finding the soft spots in the zone and running precise routes is. If you wanted to critisize his speed and age you have legit arguments , but to question the guys hands is just ignorant.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 23, 2012, 07:47:50 PM

Gotta agree with Doloris here.

Draft Aaron Donald

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 23, 2012, 08:05:46 PM

Gotta agree with Doloris here.

Me too. I always liked Ken Dilger as a Buc and I think Clark can become at least that at this point in his career.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 23, 2012, 08:35:13 PM

Comparing Clark and Winslow is kinda apples and oranges; VERY different receivers. Clark has been a superb route runner with great hands. He should be a help to Josh in developing their timing as to when he wants to get the ball during his route. Winslow was accustomed to being a primary-level receiver and was way faster. With Jackson now in the mix, we no longer have the need for speed we did when Winslow first came here. We DO need an experienced DEPENDABLE 3rd down receiver, which is Clark's forte. Pefect fit for our new offense. His experience should prove to be invaluable on 3rd down. Doug Martin, although a late 1st round pick, IS still just an NFL-unproven rook, and Parker is still young in the NFL too...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : June 23, 2012, 11:10:52 PM

Explain his abundant amounts of drops, if his hands are so legit?

And I laughed watching that youtube clip posted by Doloris, because I KNEW SOMEONE would...ha ha ha! 

He had hands of stone last year.  Deal with it.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : June 23, 2012, 11:35:27 PM

He was struggling with a broken wrist. Other than the one year you refer to, his hands have always been outstanding. Flat out elite. It's what has made him great....because he has never been a great athlete. He's smart, he gets open with impeccable routes, and he catches everything. Now that he is healthy I think there is a good chance he can still be that guy for a few more years.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Dallas Clark be relevant with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools