Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs, Patriots talking about joint practices « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bucshot420

Starter

#30 : June 28, 2012, 03:17:44 PM

I still can't get the image of last year's preseason game against the Patriots out of my mind. That royal ass-whipping led me to believe that there might be problems down the pike. The Bucs were exposed bad in that game. This year's game will be telling.

My thinking exactly!  Tempo was a glaring issue last year.  And while I'm sure it won't be as big of a issue this year.  This practice would be a good barometer of tempo that Schiano keeps compared to the hoody

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 28, 2012, 03:34:43 PM

I still can't get the image of last year's preseason game against the Patriots out of my mind. That royal ass-whipping led me to believe that there might be problems down the pike. The Bucs were exposed bad in that game. This year's game will be telling.

Awful play. That game gave me a bad feeling about the season. I said at the time it was just a preseason game but I was in denial lol

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 29, 2012, 03:58:39 PM

Im king of the homers and all, and even I have to admit it's hard for ANY team not to look bad against the Pats. (i feel dirty saying that.)

We'll just have to plan a lot better and hopeb it works out better than last year, even though we may lose.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Go Bucs 2012

Rookie

#33 : June 29, 2012, 04:07:33 PM

I wonder if he'll cheat during their practices too...?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 29, 2012, 04:19:13 PM

Can we videotape THEIR practices and call it even? :P

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 01, 2012, 10:19:02 PM

Awful play. That game gave me a bad feeling about the season. I said at the time it was just a preseason game but I was in denial lol

The Bears game in London is where they really got exposed.  But agree on that game foreshadowing things to come.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 16, 2012, 01:29:50 PM

August got a little more interesting...

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2012/07/patriots_to_hol.html

The Patriots and New Orleans Saints confirmed the two teams will hold joint practices before their preseason game Aug. 9.

The teams will practice together Aug. 7 and 8, with the latter date serving as a walk-through before the two teams' first preseason game. The Patriots and Saints held joint practices in 2010 as well.

The Globe's Shalise Manza Young also confirmed earlier reports that the Patriots will hold joint practices with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Patriots will play the Bucs in the third week of the preseason, on Aug. 24.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 16, 2012, 02:01:47 PM

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Love it!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 16, 2012, 04:31:20 PM

Sounds good I wonder when??

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 17, 2012, 02:55:50 AM

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Love it!
^^^^^^   I'll get back to this   ^^^^^^

Sounds good I wonder when??
Based on the schedule with the Saints (being there for walk-thoughs the 2 days before their actual game), I'd think it's probably the same way.

Only way it makes sense logistically...

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#40 : July 17, 2012, 07:52:48 AM

What better way to have ZERO confidence going into week 1 than to have the Patriots whip our asses in practice for a week or so ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#41 : July 17, 2012, 11:28:02 AM

Being afraid to play them would be one way, I suppose.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Signed

Starter

#42 : July 20, 2012, 10:19:04 AM

@TBBuccaneers
The Patriots are scheduled to play the Bucs in Tampa on 8/24 but they're coming to town early for joint practices at One Buc on 8/22 & 8/23.

@TBBuccaneers
The Bucs-Patriots practices will be great opp. for some 1-on-1 work. Think Vincent Jackson vs. D. McCourty, or Vince Wilfork vs. Carl Nicks.

@TBBuccaneers
Like all post-camp practices, the 2 combined workouts with the Pats will not be open to the public. There are 9 open practices during camp.

@TBBuccaneers
These will be the Bucs' first preseason joint practices in over a decade, since a get-together with the Dolphins in Orlando in 2001.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#43 : July 20, 2012, 10:58:27 AM

Only good things can come from this.  It will be a great measuring stick and I think the coaches and players will learn alot from the Pats.  It doesn't hurt that Bellichek and Schiano have a friendship so I am sure Schiano will ask for some feedback on the team and get it
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs, Patriots talking about joint practices « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools