Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What do we have to do to fix this D-line? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 27, 2012, 11:44:43 PM

As long as McCoy stays healthy we should be fine. Gibson, Miller, or Okam can be solid at nose tackle if they are surrounded by Clayborn, McCoy, and Bennett.

I see Okoye being the 2nd string under tackle backing up McCoy. If McCoy goes down again and Okoye becomes the starting under tackle....then we have serious problems.
I can dig all of this.  Except that none of these guys brings pass rush. 

PASS RUSH is a huge factor in all of this, and even a healthy McCoy is not going to gather anything more than 7 or 8 at best (IMO), and the rest of the guys are easily matched up one V. one.  Bucs pass rush is going to be awful this year, with or without McCoy...just based on what I have read, and seen, it just seems VERY obvious that D-line is an issue.  Not so much the scheme, but the personel.

I hope and pray I am wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 28, 2012, 12:03:49 AM

I predict David to be out sack leader.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 28, 2012, 12:05:27 AM

I got Claiborne as the leading sacker.  Pencil me in for...ehh...11.5.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#18 : July 28, 2012, 12:24:32 AM

Sack leader will be Quincy Black.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 28, 2012, 01:03:59 AM

Your assuming he makes the team?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 28, 2012, 01:08:03 AM

More nonsense from Java.

This is Java...

Whatever is blatantly wrong with the team, he sides with.

He does this to just "gather attention", like a numbskull would do.  I wish you fuggers would quit quoting him, because I then have to read it quickly, and it reminds me of the stupid that is a part of his "new schiddty personality".  He was a decent poster, but he is a turd now.  No forgiving that.  He is what he is.  A old man, living in a closet lifestyle, who enjoys spreading nonsense.  I was hoping his dissapearance would have been related to a back alley mugging, but noooo....

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 28, 2012, 01:15:14 AM

More nonsense from Java.

This is Java...

Whatever is blatantly wrong with the team, he sides with.

He does this to just "gather attention", like a numbskull would do.  I wish you fuggers would quit quoting him, because I then have to read it quickly, and it reminds me of the stupid that is a part of his "new schiddty personality".  He was a decent poster, but he is a turd now.  No forgiving that.  He is what he is.  A old man, living in a closet lifestyle, who enjoys spreading nonsense.  I was hoping his dissapearance would have been related to a back alley mugging, but noooo....

LOL

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 28, 2012, 08:39:32 AM

I got Claiborne as the leading sacker.  Pencil me in for...ehh...11.5.

Yea...sans injury...I just don't see any scenario where Clayborn isn't the sack leader...especially IF McCoy plays more than 6 games.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 28, 2012, 09:13:13 AM

I don't know...  Avril sounds like he's needed...   

Our defense isn't scaring anyone.   

And yeah pls quit JR if at all possible. 

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 28, 2012, 09:21:24 AM

If McCoy stays healthy? That dude is torn up........he's probably playing when he should be in a freakin' hospital.......Has anyone heard a word about his present condition? He may not start the season.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 28, 2012, 10:05:07 AM

I don't know...  Avril sounds like he's needed...   

Our defense isn't scaring anyone.   

And yeah pls quit JR if at all possible.

Yea, other than the poster who lives in Detroit...I doubt anyone would object to getting Avril...as long as we don't send them too much to get him.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : July 28, 2012, 10:41:18 AM

We need big nasties to stay healthy and control the middle of the line. Not sure how Avril makes us better. He's the size of a linebacker and was a 5 sack per year guy until he got Suh next to him. Pretty sure Bennett would be just as good with Suh next to him.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#27 : July 28, 2012, 11:18:36 AM

Any time your defense depends on one guy staying healthy you're already in trouble.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 28, 2012, 04:40:28 PM

We need big nasties to stay healthy and control the middle of the line. Not sure how Avril makes us better. He's the size of a linebacker and was a 5 sack per year guy until he got Suh next to him. Pretty sure Bennett would be just as good with Suh next to him.

Agree with that, I would take him in trade for a cup of coffee, but not much more.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 29, 2012, 02:32:13 AM

I predict David to be out sack leader.

That would not be a good thing, just sayin.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What do we have to do to fix this D-line? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools