Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Amobi Okoye, while talented, doesn't appear to be the guy to replace Price « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #30 : July 29, 2012, 01:02:20 PM »

The NT battle will come down to Okoye/Miller, but I think Okoye's consistency may win out.

i was thinking the NT job would come down to miller/gibson with okam getting in the mix on size alone.  guessing okoye backs up mccoy at UT and slides over on passing downs.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #31 : July 29, 2012, 01:05:12 PM »

The NT battle will come down to Okoye/Miller, but I think Okoye's consistency may win out.

IIRC Miller has about 20 pounds on Okoye.  And he was banged up last season.  He may step it up enough to get the job IMO.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #32 : July 29, 2012, 01:15:54 PM »

i was thinking the NT job would come down to miller/gibson with okam getting in the mix on size alone.  guessing okoye backs up mccoy at UT and slides over on passing downs.

Eggs actly

Okoye won't replace Price at NT because Okoye is better suited to be a UT rotating with McCoy. We need a true NT and Miller isn't it (neither was Price).

Anyone got Brad Culpepper's phone number??

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #33 : July 29, 2012, 01:38:31 PM »

An article in the Times today said Roy Miller had a bum knee last season and a back that was hurting him so much that he couldn't even sit down some of the time. He may not be as bad as we all think he is if he can get healthy.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #34 : July 29, 2012, 01:54:43 PM »

An article in the Times today said Roy Miller had a bum knee last season and a back that was hurting him so much that he couldn't even sit down some of the time. He may not be as bad as we all think he is if he can get healthy.

Agree.......and he is taking all the first team snaps at NT.  So he is getting his shot.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Holy Facepalm

Starter
« #35 : July 30, 2012, 03:25:54 PM »

Pep's not available because he lost 70 lbs by giving up 'roids, um i mean pasta.

“There is going to be a Buccaneer way and they’re going to be Buccaneer men.’’
“There are 1,440 minutes in a day. What you make of them, that’s going to determine our success.’’

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #36 : July 30, 2012, 03:56:26 PM »

These articles and titles are terrible.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #37 : July 30, 2012, 04:01:29 PM »

Pep's not available because he lost 70 lbs by giving up 'roids, um i mean pasta.

Apparently he needed the league to tell him roids are bad for his health , along with concussions. I see a future lawsuit on the horizon !

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #38 : July 30, 2012, 05:54:20 PM »

Even when he was right he wasn't much. Bottom line is we have one potentially good DT on this roster (if GMC stays right) and the rest of these guys aspire to be a bag of rocks level player.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #39 : July 30, 2012, 06:10:06 PM »

Even when he was right he wasn't much. Bottom line is we have one potentially good DT on this roster (if GMC stays right) and the rest of these guys aspire to be a bag of rocks level player.

When he didn't have experience? he was a rookie. All TB will need from Miller is to stop the run, he has no pass rush skills but that is what Okoye/Bennett is for.  Don't exactly need a star at NT.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Amobi Okoye, while talented, doesn't appear to be the guy to replace Price « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools