Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 98.7 The Fan « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: August 01, 2012, 02:07:07 PM

98.7 The Fan
Tomorrow...... at noon...... the landscape of Tampa Bay Sports Radio changes forever.....

http://soundcloud.com/98-1/98-7-the-fan-is-coming-4

TheQ

Starter

#1 : August 01, 2012, 02:21:47 PM

I will tune in as the AM stations are so weak in my area. FM sports is definitely the wave of the future.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 01, 2012, 02:31:05 PM

Looking forward to it.

During the transition from 1010 AM to 98.7 FM sports they have been off air,  and I've been forced to listen to other stations....

Let's just say I appreciate them even more.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#3 : August 01, 2012, 02:33:46 PM

I'm looking forward to Tampa sports radio that doesn't become completely muffled every trip under an overpass or anytime you get within stone-pelting distance of a set of power lines.

sandogbuc

Second String

#4 : August 01, 2012, 03:20:13 PM

as an out of towner hoping I can still stream the shows on the radio.com app

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 01, 2012, 03:22:26 PM

SiriusXM is my saving grace. Living in SC, I can't pick up any Tampa stations, but at least I still have NFL radio.

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#6 : August 01, 2012, 03:30:55 PM

Was eavesdropping, and the Commish was saying just that (that you can listen on your mobile device).
Of course with iheart radio and stuff always.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 01, 2012, 03:36:19 PM

Any word on their lineup?

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 01, 2012, 03:49:20 PM

Probably the same: Dan Patrick in the a.m. The Commish 12-3, Happy Hour w/ JP Petersen afternoons. Yahoo sports afterhours.

I heard there could be an issue with JP - he pays for time on 1010 so he can revenue share, but I think the FM station will not be doing those types of deals.

I hope he does pop on there, though. I think the only thing that kept him from trouncing Duemig was the signal strength.

We'll see...

sandogbuc

Second String

#9 : August 01, 2012, 05:10:55 PM

Was eavesdropping, and the Commish was saying just that (that you can listen on your mobile device).
Of course with iheart radio and stuff always.

iHeart is WDAE and 1010 is on Radio.com  I checked and 98.7 isnt on Radio.com as of yet, hopefully tomorrow

I tweeted at the Commish and he will be on tomorrow at noon EST

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 01, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Thank God !!! I'm so tired of having to listen to Jim Rome and D.U.I.Meg from 12-6 every day. Talk about horrible radio...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 02, 2012, 09:37:10 AM

Here's the lineup per http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/108771/98-7-the-fan-tampa-sports-flip-set-for-today

Morning: KIRK MCEWEN as morning co-host alongside former TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING player CHRIS DINGMAN
Mid-Morning: former ESPN RADIO and YAHOO! SPORTS RADIO host TODD WRIGHT joining for afternoons with former BUCCANEER defensive tackle ANTHONY "BOOGER" MCFARLAND
Noon: market veteran JUSTIN PAWLOWSKI in middays with TAMPA BAY TIMES columnist GARY SHELTON
Drive Time: former TAMPA BAY RAYS pre-game and post-game host RICH HERRERA for early evenings
Overnight: NANCI "THE FABULOUS SPORTS BABE" DONNELLAN

No JP. :-(

Not crazy about Herrera or Donnellan but the rest of the lineup seems solid.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#12 : August 02, 2012, 09:53:32 AM

I'm not upset about JP, personally I didn't really care for him at all.
I've enjoyed listening to Travis Rodgers on Yahoo sports radio the past 2 weeks. I was hoping they would carry his show for more of a national perspective. For those that don't know, he was Jim Rome's producer for years back when the show was actually good. Rome dropped him about 3 years ago and he relocated to Houston to start his own gig. I rather enjoy him.
Not really excited about Rich Herrera. I would prefer they put Justin up against Duemig.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 02, 2012, 09:57:56 AM

I'm not upset about JP, personally I didn't really care for him at all.
I've enjoyed listening to Travis Rodgers on Yahoo sports radio the past 2 weeks. I was hoping they would carry his show for more of a national perspective. For those that don't know, he was Jim Rome's producer for years back when the show was actually good. Rome dropped him about 3 years ago and he relocated to Houston to start his own gig. I rather enjoy him.
Not really excited about Rich Herrera. I would prefer they put Justin up against Duemig.

I read somewhere that 1010am will still be doing national sports - so it's possible you'll still have that.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 02, 2012, 11:04:31 AM

No JP, that's a bummer. Hope he can be heard somewhere in this market.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 98.7 The Fan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools