Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rate my team. 14 teams standard scoring. (11th pick) « previous next »
Page: 1

Yensumi

Practice Squad

: September 01, 2013, 11:24:26 PM

I did some trades but this is what I have, unfortunately I do not have any buccaneers as starters :-(

QB-A.Luck
WR-James Jones
WR-D. Heyward-Bey
WR- R. White
RB-C. Spiller
RB-D.Wilson
TE- J.Cameron
Flex- Chris Johnson
Def-Houston
K-G. Hartley

Bench
WR- Josh Gordon
RB- Christine Michael
QB- Josh Freeman (I pray every night he gets out of this funk and does something good)
WR- Justin Blackmon
WR- Kenny Stills
RB- Giovani Bernard

Please give me any sort of negative or positive comments for my team or how I can improve my team. Thanks everyone and Go Bucs!

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 01, 2013, 11:31:44 PM

In a 14 teamer, I like what you came away with.

Positive: Luck opens with Oakland, Miami and Jacksonville for three out of the first four weeks.  WR depth is nice especially once Blackmon returns.

Negative: Spiller is going to take a beating this year.  If I were you, I'd handcuff with Fred Jackson if he's still out there.  Can't hurt.

Turn the page.

Yensumi

Practice Squad

#2 : September 02, 2013, 12:14:06 AM

Oh yeah I definitely am. Fred Jackson just became a F/A as of 13 minutes ago. I think you are good luck. 

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 02, 2013, 12:27:21 AM

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Good luck!

Turn the page.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 02, 2013, 12:35:18 AM

Your RBs are pretty sick. Spiller and Wilson are two of my favorites this year. I think your WRs are ok and your QBs are weak although I like Freeman as a late pick for his upside.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 02, 2013, 11:41:37 AM

Your RBs are pretty sick. Spiller and Wilson are two of my favorites this year. I think your WRs are ok and your QBs are weak although I like Freeman as a late pick for his upside.

WR are OK for a 14 team league.  Keep your eyes on the wire though.  You could easily find better depth.

Turn the page.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 03, 2013, 01:59:01 PM

Christ.  Why would you have three starting WRs AND a flex spot in a 14 team league?  That's not a criticism of the original poster, of course.  It just seems like a silly way to set up a league.

Yensumi

Practice Squad

#7 : September 04, 2013, 02:45:18 AM

This is my team after a few trades now. I am stoked I think I just upgraded my team.

QB-A.Luck
WR-James Jones
WR- Cruz
WR- Calvin Johnson
RB-C. Spiller
RB-D.Wilson
TE- J.Cameron
Flex- Giovani Bernard
Def-Houston
K- Haushka (sehawk kicker)

Bench
WR- Josh Gordon
RB- Christine Michael
QB- Josh Freeman (I pray every night he gets out of this funk and does something good)
WR- Heyward Bey
WR- Kenny Stills
I am waiting for the waivers to pick up a RB. Someone got Fred Jackson before I could.

Yensumi

Practice Squad

#8 : September 04, 2013, 02:46:35 AM

Christ.  Why would you have three starting WRs AND a flex spot in a 14 team league?  That's not a criticism of the original poster, of course.  It just seems like a silly way to set up a league.
It's cool dude. I am the commish as well but I thought it would make each player more valuable but I can see why some would not like it.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 04, 2013, 11:10:15 AM

Fair enough.  In my experience with 14 team leagues, it results in people having to play backup RBs and 3rd/4th WRs.  And that increases the random factor in the games, since it's nearly impossible to predict when those types of players will contribute meaningfully.  And I already dislike the significance of randomness in fantasy football.  But different strokes for different folks!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rate my team. 14 teams standard scoring. (11th pick) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools