Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not impressed............ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

deadzone

Hall of Famer

: August 11, 2012, 11:35:40 AM

Never will be with these stupid pre-season scrimmages.......We may have something on that left side though........Nicks and a healthy Penn  with Blount could be brutal.........we'll see how this develops..........

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 11, 2012, 11:36:50 AM

Nobody is gonna try to convince you to be impressed. It was one game. Good to have football back though.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 11, 2012, 11:42:24 AM

Football starts Sept. 9th......

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 11, 2012, 11:44:36 AM

Well, we were all impressed last year with the effort against KC. How did that work out? A lot of positives, some negatives. As fans, we enjoy the victory. But in the grand scheme, it's best not to get too giddy.

In Verner We Trust

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 11, 2012, 11:49:07 AM

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
I'd call it a fairly emphatic step FORWARD by Schiano and his young Bucs!

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 11, 2012, 12:02:08 PM

I like the run attitude........but, Freeman has to establish the deep threat at some point.......and erase Mr. Checkdown.....

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#6 : August 11, 2012, 12:14:54 PM

Never will be with these stupid pre-season scrimmages.......We may have something on that left side though........Nicks and a healthy Penn  with Blount could be brutal.........we'll see how this develops..........

I hate cookouts, but the chili dogs were great!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 11, 2012, 12:16:40 PM

I like the run attitude........but, Freeman has to establish the deep threat at some point.......and erase Mr. Checkdown.....

Maybe he'll do that on his SECOND series of the preseason..................or maybe Schiano plans on surprising Carolina with it.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 11, 2012, 12:17:41 PM

I hate cookouts, but the chili dogs were great!

Brats with massive kraut and mustard............

JoshMcCrownUs

Starter
#9 : August 11, 2012, 12:29:56 PM

Schiano came in with the idea of establishing the run, and boy did he ever. Don't let Blount and Martin's relatively low YPC fool you; when you can line up 4 times in a row on the goal line with personnel that clearly screams WE ARE RUNNING THE BALL, and yet still punch it in for six against a team with a stout run D, I believe that bodes very well for the ground and pound promised by the new regime. And you can be sure that once they start seeing those eight man fronts and run blitzes, the deep balls will start flying.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 11, 2012, 12:38:56 PM

What I wasn't impressed with was last year. Being blown out 10 times in a row wasn't impressive AT ALL. Did the Bucs look like they could win the Super Bowl last not. Nope but the met my expectations, they were competetive. Still problems with penalties, fumbles and no sacks but unlike last year, every time Miami was in a position to change the outcome, somehow the Bucs turned them away. Lots of work to do but I think the bucs are on the upswing. 8-8 for me would be good.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 11, 2012, 12:39:55 PM

Just give me on pre-season game where Freeman is unleashed........with massive deep balls thrown at no one........I wanna' see what he has........

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 11, 2012, 12:41:32 PM

They will take the shots down field. I feel like they didn't with Freeman last night for a reason.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#13 : August 11, 2012, 12:45:12 PM

Never will be with these stupid pre-season scrimmages.......

If the Bucs were blown out by 40-points, I'm sure you'd have drawn some conclusions....negative ones, for sure.  You can look at a team in preseason and see if they appear to be on the right track, which the Bucs seem to be....

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 11, 2012, 12:46:01 PM

He has an established reputation as "Mr. Checkdown"..........Why not give him a chance to erase that stigma during this lame azz pre-season......
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not impressed............ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools