Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Todd Akin doesnt believe a woman can become pregnant from a rape « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#45 : August 23, 2012, 12:19:07 PM

Stop acting stupid, Biggs.

Oh, I'm sorry.  Was I the questioning the blatantly obvious?

I'm pretty sure the stupid one is the guy questioning whether there is a single person who is pro-abortion.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#46 : August 23, 2012, 12:32:21 PM

There probably are a few psychopaths in the world that are pro-abortion. But of course you weren't actually referring to them in your intellectual dishonesty.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#47 : August 23, 2012, 12:44:16 PM

There probably are a few psychopaths in the world that are pro-abortion. But of course you weren't actually referring to them in your intellectual dishonesty.

What exactly is intellectually dishonest about this?

Proabortion - adj - in favor of the medical provision of abortion

It's really not hard to grasp what the word means.  If you're trying to be cute and play semantics, then that stupidity is on you.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#48 : August 23, 2012, 01:00:12 PM

Because, with the exception of a handful of psychopaths, no one is pro-abortion. But you already knew that, you're just pretending you don't = intellectual dishonesty.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#49 : August 23, 2012, 01:11:43 PM

Because, with the exception of a handful of psychopaths, no one is pro-abortion. But you already knew that, you're just pretending you don't = intellectual dishonesty.

Only psychopaths are in favor of keeping abortion legalized?  That's a harsh way to put it, but to each his own.

Apparently you're trying to turn Pro-Abortion into Pro-Death or something - which I'm not.  I'm speaking about the people who are in favor of keeping Abortion legalized.  So who is being stupid and intellectually dishonest again?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#50 : August 23, 2012, 01:12:42 PM

So how exactly would you describe pro-choice? It sounds like you are splitting hairs to me. I understand pro-abortion brings forward ugly connotations but that doesn't make it any less accurate.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#51 : August 23, 2012, 01:39:51 PM

You're pro baby factory then?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#52 : August 23, 2012, 01:49:14 PM

You're pro baby factory then?

Irrelevant if I am or not in the context of the current conversation.

The reality is that people use the term pro-choice as it is much more palatable to digest.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#53 : August 23, 2012, 01:59:51 PM

You seem to be confusing your rhetoric with reality. No one is for abortion, but people are for choice.

Irrelevant? It's directly related. It's me doing the same to your stance that you did to mine. I don't believe that you or anyone else should be able to make decisions for other people concerning their own bodies. Does this mean I advocate having an abortion? Absolutely not! What I advocate is the right of the individual to decide for themselves, instead of having your beliefs forced on them.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#54 : August 23, 2012, 02:04:55 PM

You seem to be confusing your rhetoric with reality.

Now that's ironical.

No one is for abortion, but people are for choice.

No one, except those people who actually get abortions, perform abortions, etc..

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#55 : August 23, 2012, 02:06:32 PM

Alright, let's start throwing the heat!

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#56 : August 23, 2012, 02:09:12 PM

Surprised to hear that so many Christians are "for" abortion.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#57 : August 23, 2012, 02:32:15 PM

"Women identifying themselves as Protestants obtain 37.4% of all abortions in the U.S.; Catholic women account for 31.3%, Jewish women account for 1.3%, and women with no religious affiliation obtain 23.7% of all abortions. 18% of all abortions are performed on women who identify themselves as "Born-again/Evangelical".
http://www.abortionno.org/Resources/fastfacts.html

Looks like over two thirds of people having abortions are Christian. Can we start referring to it as The Pro-Abortion Religion?

Or maybe, just maybe, women don't have abortions because they're "for" abortion.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#58 : August 23, 2012, 02:34:10 PM

Alright, let's start throwing the heat!

You know I'm too demure for such a thing.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#59 : August 23, 2012, 02:39:40 PM

"Women identifying themselves as Protestants obtain 37.4% of all abortions in the U.S.; Catholic women account for 31.3%, Jewish women account for 1.3%, and women with no religious affiliation obtain 23.7% of all abortions. 18% of all abortions are performed on women who identify themselves as "Born-again/Evangelical".
http://www.abortionno.org/Resources/fastfacts.html

Looks like over two thirds of people having abortions are Christian. Can we start referring to it as The Pro-Abortion Religion?

Other than a desperate attempt to change the conversation, I'm not sure what this has to do with anything being discussed.

Or maybe, just maybe, women don't have abortions because they're "for" abortion.

So they have abortions because they are "against" abortion?

Or do they have abortions simply to exercise their right to choose?

Or, better yet, is someone being intellectually dishonest on all fronts?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Todd Akin doesnt believe a woman can become pregnant from a rape « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools