Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Todd Akin doesnt believe a woman can become pregnant from a rape « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14

spartan

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 20, 2012, 06:05:23 PM

How about we let the mother and father decide what is best. Or in the case here, the mother.

The father gets no say in the matter legally speaking.

It really doesn't matter if you are pro-life or not, this guy opened his mouth on the campaign trail and put his foot in it. Simple really. Even the most ardent pro-lifer should have the common sense to just let it go at that.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 20, 2012, 06:43:48 PM

Regardless of where one falls on the spectrum of abortion - Akin's statements regarding "legitimate rape" make one wonder what the hell is going on in his head.  That said - he is not the first one to offer thoughts that are thoughtless or even mindless - just the latest.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 20, 2012, 07:00:09 PM

How about we let the mother and father decide what is best. Or in the case here, the mother.

It really doesn't matter if you are pro-life or not, this guy opened his mouth on the campaign trail and put his foot in it. Simple really.

No denying that

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#18 : August 21, 2012, 09:09:37 AM

He clarified he meant Forcible rape.. Which means there are different levels of rapes? I'm always astounded that the party that wants "limited" government wants to impart governments reach into a woman's uterus.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#19 : August 21, 2012, 09:23:13 AM

Every damn on of them are hypocrites.

Doesn't matter the political party. They are all RICHIES and they are all in bed together.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 21, 2012, 10:05:03 PM

What a completely messed up country the US is at times.  We have tens of thousands dieing every year because of the silly obsession with guns, tens of thousands die on the roads many from distracted driving caused by cell phones yet the ridiculous abortion argument stinks up the shop every election.  It should be a choice for all women and its no one else's concern. 

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#21 : August 21, 2012, 10:28:46 PM

What a completely messed up country the US is at times.  We have tens of thousands dieing every year because of the silly obsession with guns, tens of thousands die on the roads many from distracted driving caused by cell phones yet the ridiculous abortion argument stinks up the shop every election.  It should be a choice for all women and its no one else's concern.

It was an absolutely stupid statement.  However I do not buy the feel good choice argument.  In a consensual sexual relationship the choice is made to have sex, and the consequences of that choice is known.  When a life is created from that that choice, a state ( not the federal govt or US Supreme Court) can decide if to take that life is murder.  In Florida for instance, a person can go to prison for DUI manslaughter for the death of a fetus.   Not all states have DUI manslaughter of a fetus, because not all states look at the fetus as life.  Regardless, it should be up to each individual state to define this issue.  It should never have been decided by one Federal court.  That is where the friction in this issue started, and that will always be the cause of friction on the issue.  Leave it to the states, and this will no longer be a national concern.  It would be dealt with each state individually.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#22 : August 21, 2012, 11:05:22 PM

http://www.examiner.com/article/gop-official-says-god-chooses-to-bless-raped-women-with-pregnancy

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 22, 2012, 12:25:04 AM

The GOPers are like the lockerroom asshatz who live for one upping each other. Always trying to come up with the best anology for abortion or social control in general and deliver it at the talent show being certain they will blow everyone away with their conservativeness.
When they get a room full of crickets they run red faced to Rush Limbo for reassurance.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#24 : August 22, 2012, 02:10:10 AM

100% agree with all of that.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 22, 2012, 02:24:00 AM

I get it more when it comes to a rape situation and I don't want to really debate when life starts here.   There have been many individuals that have grown up to do great things that were born to parents/mother that were not interested in taking care of that child.   I would think that the one getting offed in most cases would choose life regardless.

If the one getting offed had a functioning brain, I suppose you'd be right.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 22, 2012, 06:59:02 AM

100% agree with all of that.

So the "obsession with guns" kills tens of thousands? Maybe a gun wound is the cause of death but hardly the cause of the problem. So what makes some think abolishing firearms would fix the problem..?

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#27 : August 22, 2012, 07:21:57 AM

Guns are the problem.   I have traveled to many countries that have gun laws and they are far safer than the USA.    Take guns away from people and they think twice about committing certain violent crimes where without a gun they all of a sudden don't have such an advantage in the matchup.   

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#28 : August 22, 2012, 08:53:53 AM

Thugs will always get their guns.......ALWAYS!

You would think '10-20-Life' would have changed that........

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 22, 2012, 10:25:28 AM

I get it more when it comes to a rape situation and I don't want to really debate when life starts here.   There have been many individuals that have grown up to do great things that were born to parents/mother that were not interested in taking care of that child.   I would think that the one getting offed in most cases would choose life regardless.

If the one getting offed had a functioning brain, I suppose you'd be right.

This is a really bad argument, but I'm going to leave it alone
: August 22, 2012, 05:45:02 PM olafberserker
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Todd Akin doesnt believe a woman can become pregnant from a rape « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools