Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Todd Akin doesnt believe a woman can become pregnant from a rape « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #30 : August 22, 2012, 05:04:44 PM »

Thugs will always get their guns.......ALWAYS!

You would think '10-20-Life' would have changed that........

"Thugs" might, but your average disgruntled student with a chemical imbalance that decides to shoot up a movie theater might not.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #31 : August 22, 2012, 05:24:34 PM »

Abortion is not a huge issue with me but I honestly believe the energy with consciousness, known to us as the human spirit or soul, and that energy being something that cannot be created or destroyed, enters this dimension at the point of conception and thus should be something we are allowed to mess with since I do not believe this rechanneling of energy is merely random.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #32 : August 22, 2012, 05:34:57 PM »

Abortion is not a huge issue with me but I honestly believe the energy with consciousness, known to us as the human spirit or soul, and that energy being something that cannot be created or destroyed, enters this dimension at the point of conception and thus should be something we are allowed to mess with since I do not believe this rechanneling of energy is merely random.

Wow that's one heck of a philosophical answer. Don't think I've heard that kind of talk on this board before. My ears just went up on that one.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #33 : August 22, 2012, 05:45:09 PM »

All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Bill Hicks

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #34 : August 22, 2012, 09:19:36 PM »

He clarified he meant Forcible rape.. Which means there are different levels of rapes? I'm always astounded that the party that wants "limited" government wants to impart governments reach into a woman's uterus.

Statutory rape??

Brahmal

Second String
« #35 : August 22, 2012, 10:05:19 PM »

Also "date rape," which counts as forcible IMO.

Brahmal

Second String
« #36 : August 22, 2012, 10:18:07 PM »

Quote from: former RNC chairman Michael Steele
“No,” Steele said on NewsChannel 8’s “NewsTalk,” when asked by host Bruce DePuyt if opposing a rape exemption was a mainstream position. “There’s a wide array of views on the issue, and there are a lot. I think recent polls have showed a bare majority of Americans — 50, 51 percent of Americans — call themselves pro-life, but even in calling themselves pro-life, they recognize the exemptions for rape, incest and life of the mother. So this view held by [Rep. Todd Akin] is way outside that mainstream of American thought.”

On Tuesday, the Republican platform committee approved an abortion plank without exemptions. Romney, the presumptive Republican nominee, supports a rape exemption. Paul Ryan, his vice presidential candidate, does not.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/79990.html#ixzz24KbfzkUi
So basically the Republican party leadership, along with Paul Ryan, agrees with Mr. Akin's stance.  So why is everyone slamming the poor guy?  Because he had the balls to come out and say it? 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #37 : August 23, 2012, 09:18:07 AM »

Doesn't rape only account for 1%-2% of the abortions we are talking about?  Seems pretty stupid for Pro-Abortioners to be up-in-arms about Pro-Lifers  who are either for or against rape abortions.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

« #38 : August 23, 2012, 09:44:26 AM »

Doesn't rape only account for 1%-2% of the abortions we are talking about?  Seems pretty stupid for Pro-Abortioners to be up-in-arms about Pro-Lifers  who are either for or against rape abortions.

I haven't seen or heard of any pro-abortioners up in arms....Just the usual left-wing nutjobs that will politicize any issue that might get them a few votes.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #39 : August 23, 2012, 09:44:50 AM »

Thugs will always get their guns.......ALWAYS!

You would think '10-20-Life' would have changed that........

"Thugs" might, but your average disgruntled student with a chemical imbalance that decides to shoot up a movie theater might not.

Good point.

It still irritates me to this day that not ONE person had a firearm on them during the massacre. I am a true believer in more INNOCENT people being armed than not.

Just a little bit of return fire in that theater, and casualties/fatalities are cut in half, at least.

Just knowing so many good people were sitting ducks. Scary.....really is.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #40 : August 23, 2012, 09:53:44 AM »

Has there ever been a single person who was "pro-abortion"?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #41 : August 23, 2012, 09:55:41 AM »

Correct term would be 'pro-choice'

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #42 : August 23, 2012, 11:27:20 AM »

Has there ever been a single person who was "pro-abortion"?

Is this a serious inquiry?

Proabortion - adj - in favour of the medical provision of abortion

Politically Correct term would be 'pro-choice'

Fixed that for accuracy.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #43 : August 23, 2012, 11:34:58 AM »

10-4, Biggs

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #44 : August 23, 2012, 11:47:49 AM »

Stop acting stupid, Biggs.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Todd Akin doesnt believe a woman can become pregnant from a rape « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools