Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2012 Presidential Election Obama v. Romney Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 ... 135

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #1950 : November 14, 2012, 05:11:41 PM »

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #1951 : November 14, 2012, 05:12:54 PM »

That was over 40 years ago, so it's irrelevant.    The US has changed drastically since the 60's.    I think throughout history though in any country it's been dangerous to be a high profile leader.   I'm talking about normal citizens. 

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #1952 : November 14, 2012, 05:16:46 PM »

Our country has always had its problems - in my opinion, the 60s were far worse than today with assassinations, war, rioting, protest. If you lived as an adult back then you'd have cut and run then too. Too bad Americans can't seem to handle a little adversity. We're pampered.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #1953 : November 14, 2012, 05:29:23 PM »

Security in the 60's was not as tight as it is today for those type of individuals.   Other countries had that security back then so they didn't have those type of assassinations.    Here in Jakarta, when the president drives down the road, the entire road is completely shut down before he comes through.   Then his car comes flying through at a high speed with police backing on every side of the vehicle.   JFK drove down the middle of the street at slow speed in a convertible with the top down!

A good example of the lax security in the US was prior to 9/11 where people would walk all the way to the gate without a ticket.   Security in the US is far less than pretty much anywhere else.

« : November 14, 2012, 05:31:01 PM JavaRay »

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #1954 : November 14, 2012, 05:38:21 PM »

But high profile individuals aside, he's an example of US society these days.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #1955 : November 14, 2012, 05:51:18 PM »

This one's actually funny.   Dumb ass picked the wrong guy to try to rob.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #1956 : November 14, 2012, 05:54:59 PM »

Things are pretty sad when people are talking about moving to another country.

Don't act like the thought hasn't at least crossed your mind.   This country is in big trouble.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #1957 : November 14, 2012, 06:00:51 PM »

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #1958 : November 14, 2012, 06:07:50 PM »

Exactly.   Keep in mind that those people live in the US when you are complaining about people wanting to leave the country.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #1959 : November 14, 2012, 06:11:55 PM »

For the entire history of our county, there have always been bad people in our country. You're only more aware of some the issues because of the 24 hr news cycles and the countless news, blog websites that reinforce the agenda of portraying the United States in a negative light.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #1960 : November 14, 2012, 06:28:40 PM »

portraying the United States in a negative light.

You think?   You think the Rodney King riots portray the US in a negative light?  Imagine that.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #1961 : November 15, 2012, 11:21:09 AM »

portraying the United States in a negative light.

You think?   You think the Rodney King riots portray the US in a negative light?  Imagine that.

'cism

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« #1962 : November 16, 2012, 07:39:17 PM »

Security in the 60's was not as tight as it is today for those type of individuals.   Other countries had that security back then so they didn't have those type of assassinations.    Here in Jakarta, when the president drives down the road, the entire road is completely shut down before he comes through.   Then his car comes flying through at a high speed with police backing on every side of the vehicle.   JFK drove down the middle of the street at slow speed in a convertible with the top down!

A good example of the lax security in the US was prior to 9/11 where people would walk all the way to the gate without a ticket.   Security in the US is far less than pretty much anywhere else.
Security is only a matter of perception. If we want to lock down everything in America we can but there are certain guide lines that we have to take to impliment such measures. The Constitution makes it clear that the Military should never be used on its own soil against its own citizens. The Command of the FCC to have all AirCraft to land with in 15 to 30 mins after the World Trade Towers were taken down. Kennedy's assasination was a plan thought out plot. In my opinion there is so much we don't know about how others who are in real power control the information of what we receive to get their perception of what they want us to really know. Oh well thats my 2 cents...OBD

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #1963 : November 17, 2012, 03:08:10 AM »

Security is only a matter of perception. If we want to lock down everything in America we can but there are certain guide lines that we have to take to impliment such measures. The Constitution makes it clear that the Military should never be used on its own soil against its own citizens. The Command of the FCC to have all AirCraft to land with in 15 to 30 mins after the World Trade Towers were taken down. Kennedy's assasination was a plan thought out plot. In my opinion there is so much we don't know about how others who are in real power control the information of what we receive to get their perception of what they want us to really know. Oh well thats my 2 cents...OBD
yea like Sen McCain and the biggest fire in our Naval history,
John McCain knows all about incompetence, getting Americans killed and then participating in a cover-up. He is directly responsible for the launch of a Zuni missile while sitting in his A-4 on the deck of the USS Forestal on July 29th, 1967, that killed 27 American servicemen and wounded over 100 more. Johnny “wet-start” McCain cooked off the missile because he deliberately “wet-started” his A-4E in order to troll the pilot sitting in the plane behind his. (“Wet-starts” shoot a large flame from the tail of the aircraft). When McCain “wet-started” his A-4, he managed to cook off a missile on the plane parked behind his, thus setting the whole thing in motion. However, instead of being court marshaled / sent to Leavenworth like anybody else would have been, McCain’s father just happened to be Commander-in-Chief of US Naval Forces Europe and managed to cover the whole thing up; thus, John McCain was able to get away with criminally negligent homicide. The Forrestal incident was the deadliest fire in U.S. Navy history. This is the man who is now attempting to frame President Obama for killing 4 Americans, when ole’ wet start Johnny himself has the blood of dozens of Americans on his hands. How anybody takes him seriously is beyond me.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #1964 : November 17, 2012, 11:27:24 AM »

Except none of the above is true. The only thing behind McCains plane was the ocean, the plane that fired the missile was FACING his plane and technically you can't wet start an A4 because it is a subsonic plane and doesn't have an after burner.

Amazing what 5 minutes of Google can do.
  Page: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 ... 135
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official 2012 Presidential Election Obama v. Romney Thread « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools