Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF BULLS FOOTBALL THREAD « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#75 : October 20, 2012, 06:46:42 PM

Frustrating to watch USF football.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#76 : October 20, 2012, 07:41:46 PM

holtz is a trainwreck. he does not know how to manage a clock at all. why he used that last time out when he did i will never know

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#77 : October 20, 2012, 09:11:22 PM

What bush league stuff did they do against FSU?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#78 : October 21, 2012, 09:46:50 AM

They made huge amounts of tickets unavailable for sale to FSU fans.   FSU had to bring only their pep band rather than the regular band because somehow USF didn't have enough tickets to provide them?   Childish and bush league.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#79 : October 21, 2012, 09:48:12 AM

Frustrating to watch USF football.

I think they actually played a pretty darn good game against Louisville.   A key tackle or play and they should have won.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#80 : October 21, 2012, 12:00:57 PM

While firing the head coach seems to be the usual answer to most fans I am not sure in this case if that is the correct one.   Who is USF going to hire?

I hate to sound like a broken record but since my thoughts were actually pointed out by a local radio sports announcer today, I think it  should be repeated.

USF needs get rid of it's "delusions of grandeur."  Yes, they can spend a whole off season showing the world they can get up for (1) game each season but that is not the way of programs wishing to grow and get better.

Bottom line USF 1. needs to  win the Big East ((number one priority!) 2. They need to nurture the natural rivalry with their most hated team  ie  UCF!  Depending on UF, FSU, or Miami to validate their program is just not going to be that available in the future and "shooting their wad" on such games has little value if they don't build upon it to win the Big EAST.   It has become a broken record for USF to pull off one big upset and then fall apart over the last part of the season over the last 5 or 6 years. 3. Finally they need to start acting like a big time program and avoid the "bush league stuff" they did for the FSU game in Tampa.    Pretty much burned their bridges with FSU for the foreseeable future with their antics.
well Holtz makes over a million a year.  I would think they could find a up and coming asst. Coach who would cherish the opportuniy.  And while they might never be an elite program with FSU, Florida and Miami recruiting the top talent in the state not to mention other SEC and Big Ten schools, etc. They have proven that you can still field a half way decent team with the rejects or prospects from the Tampa area that want to stay close to home.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#81 : October 21, 2012, 02:01:41 PM

Don't waste your time with runatroll.  Biggest idiot on the board bar none.  Our "delusional" school went on the road and beat his big bad team and he can't get over it.  Now they are scared to continue the contract.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#82 : October 21, 2012, 02:02:55 PM

they didn't lay down and just take a pay day like the criminoles wanted them to.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#83 : October 22, 2012, 10:42:29 AM

While firing the head coach seems to be the usual answer to most fans I am not sure in this case if that is the correct one.   Who is USF going to hire?

I hate to sound like a broken record but since my thoughts were actually pointed out by a local radio sports announcer today, I think it  should be repeated.

USF needs get rid of it's "delusions of grandeur."  Yes, they can spend a whole off season showing the world they can get up for (1) game each season but that is not the way of programs wishing to grow and get better.

Bottom line USF 1. needs to  win the Big East ((number one priority!) 2. They need to nurture the natural rivalry with their most hated team  ie  UCF!  Depending on UF, FSU, or Miami to validate their program is just not going to be that available in the future and "shooting their wad" on such games has little value if they don't build upon it to win the Big EAST.   It has become a broken record for USF to pull off one big upset and then fall apart over the last part of the season over the last 5 or 6 years. 3. Finally they need to start acting like a big time program and avoid the "bush league stuff" they did for the FSU game in Tampa.    Pretty much burned their bridges with FSU for the foreseeable future with their antics.
well Holtz makes over a million a year.  I would think they could find a up and coming asst. Coach who would cherish the opportuniy.  And while they might never be an elite program with FSU, Florida and Miami recruiting the top talent in the state not to mention other SEC and Big Ten schools, etc. They have proven that you can still field a half way decent team with the rejects or prospects from the Tampa area that want to stay close to home.

Holtz may need to be replaced if the bulls continue to slide. I think they actually played well against Louisville and really could have won.  They still have 5 games to improve and prove their worth to CFB world.   Of course if they continue to slide and lose 3 of those 5 I think it may be time to start over with another coach.  Seriously, if they play with the intensity they showed against FSU they could win all 5 of those games.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#84 : October 22, 2012, 06:21:13 PM

Went to the USF-Louisville game last season and Charlie Strong has his sidelines organized like he was a battalion commander.  Every 10-15 yds on the sideline he has an assistant coach. And each of those coaches has their group of 5-10 players closeby on the sidelines. It looks like a battalion formation. Very disciplined team. Very impressive. Strong knows what he's doing.

Holtz's sidelines looked totally chaotic/disorganized. Hotlz may be over his head right now.  He's not a big-time college coach.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#85 : October 28, 2012, 01:46:43 AM

Tonight several players walked off the field during the game. Syracuse had scored to take the lead and USF still had a kick return. Granted scoring was not likely, but several big name players had already left the field and started walking up the tunnel. One threw his helmet so hard it broke. Those players basically quit on the team while the rest were out there trying to pull off a miracle.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#86 : October 28, 2012, 06:59:19 AM

Hard to believe Holtz will be around after this season. How can he be?

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#87 : October 28, 2012, 09:46:31 AM

Fire holtz.

Rehire leavitt.

Simple.

I'm so embarrassed today to be a usf alum.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#88 : October 28, 2012, 11:56:48 AM

Tonight several players walked off the field during the game. Syracuse had scored to take the lead and USF still had a kick return. Granted scoring was not likely, but several big name players had already left the field and started walking up the tunnel. One threw his helmet so hard it broke. Those players basically quit on the team while the rest were out there trying to pull off a miracle.

WOW!   Well it does appear that Holtz 's days are numbered.  When you lose control of the locker room that pretty much is the beginning of the end.

Someone mentioned the Western Kentucky head coach "Taggert"  as a possible  candidate?  Of course if his stock as apparently it is there could be some real competition for his services at more established programs.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#89 : October 28, 2012, 01:17:42 PM

wow!  I liked the Holtz hire at the time but his seat is really really hot now.  Its really getting ugly over there.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF BULLS FOOTBALL THREAD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools