Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF BULLS FOOTBALL THREAD « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#90 : October 28, 2012, 05:04:28 PM

Tonight several players walked off the field during the game. Syracuse had scored to take the lead and USF still had a kick return. Granted scoring was not likely, but several big name players had already left the field and started walking up the tunnel. One threw his helmet so hard it broke. Those players basically quit on the team while the rest were out there trying to pull off a miracle.

WOW!   Well it does appear that Holtz 's days are numbered.  When you lose control of the locker room that pretty much is the beginning of the end.

Someone mentioned the Western Kentucky head coach "Taggert"  as a possible  candidate?  Of course if his stock as apparently it is there could be some real competition for his services at more established programs.

wow if players are walking off the field before its over it proves that holtz has comepletely lost this team. i dont think USF is going to win another game this year. the players have given up on him at this point. i thought he was a good hire at the time but it didnt turn out that way.

Willie Taggert is the coach at western kentucky. i seriously doubt USF could get him simply because i think joker phillips is toast at kentucky and i think they will make a run at Taggert since he is used to recruiting that area and is a good fit for them

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#91 : October 28, 2012, 10:57:37 PM

if only usf kept beating up ucf year after year, then all would be different.  probably have a national title or two already ........

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#92 : October 29, 2012, 08:20:23 AM

Watched Holtz on his Sunday show yesterday. Never realized how the guy doesn't seem to have a backbone. Players must walk all over him. Guess USF fell for his success at E. Carolina and the son of Lou Holtz. I fell for it. The team has been set back to 1997. I'm sure Jim Leavitt is laughing his ass off right now. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#93 : October 29, 2012, 08:36:17 AM

Watched Holtz on his Sunday show yesterday. Never realized how the guy doesn't seem to have a backbone. Players must walk all over him. Guess USF fell for his success at E. Carolina and the son of Lou Holtz. I fell for it. The team has been set back to 1997. I'm sure Jim Leavitt is laughing his ass off right now.

Yes, 1997.  I am sure we will struggle with Elon and Charleston Southern soon.    ::) If only we had continued that "rivalry" with ucf   ???

Runole

Hall of Famer
#94 : October 29, 2012, 06:08:37 PM

Looks like USF will find out next year when they have UCF on the annual schedule.  Hey they beat them 4 straight hopefully the streak can continue at least USF will be able to have (1) big east win a year! RIght?    Wonder who actually benefited more by the dropping of the series by USF? Judging from the past couple of seasons......  You be the judge?

Since the dropping of UCF

UCF 24-15

USF 21-17

Oh and currently UCF is 4-0 in its conference and 6-2 overall compared to 2-6 and 0-4 for USF.   It would appear that the rewards for cowardice aren't  as great as some USF fans seem to think?

I wonder if USF fans still feel their program is vastly superior to UCF now that they will both be members of the same conference next season?

It will be nice to see USF discover how much a real rivalry is worth in terms of ticket sales and interest in the program by the locals and media.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#95 : October 30, 2012, 11:58:40 AM

Yes USF beating up on ucf since 2008 is the reason they have struggled the past two years in the Big East while ucf is undefeated in conference usa.    You are the best runatroll.   always good for a laugh or two.   I am sure that a ucf game this year would have outdrawn the FSU game or the Miami game last year.  You are a true moron.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#96 : October 30, 2012, 11:59:33 AM

runatroll and morgana should have their own thread in every forum so they can bounce stupid comments off each other.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#97 : October 30, 2012, 06:02:35 PM

runatroll and morgana should have their own thread in every forum so they can bounce stupid comments off each other.

biggest azzhole on the board

Runole

Hall of Famer
#98 : October 30, 2012, 06:52:18 PM

Yes USF beating up on ucf since 2008 is the reason they have struggled the past two years in the Big East while ucf is undefeated in conference usa.    You are the best runatroll.   always good for a laugh or two.   I am sure that a ucf game this year would have outdrawn the FSU game or the Miami game last year.  You are a true moron.

Newsflash!  If you actually believe that Miami or FSU is ever going to put USF on their regular play list you are completely clueless about the sport.  As a USF graduate myself,  I certainly hope you aren't representative of what the school is producing today.  Your childish name- calling really proves my point. Keep showing the world  how ridiculous you look as a bulls fan. 

Actually, when I look at USF's performance this season it all boils down to a bunch of close losses which are probably due to a couple of recruits they have missed out on the last few years, or possibly a few defections from higher profile programs that  decided not to play closer to home.  Actually, other than possibly the Rutgers game  they certainly could have beaten the teams they lost to.  USF played their best game of the year against FSU. It was their Super Bowl unfortunately that effort took its toll on USF and as usual they are again taking the gas pipe on the games that are truly the most important... ie Big East...

Again, learn the sport and what realistic rivalry games can mean. FSU plays two of them every year.  UCF will be the best thing that ever happened to silly reluctant USF which realistically is almost identical to UCF in every way.  Anyone with an ounce of intelligence can see this.

Understand I have no allegiance to UCF at all but I do recognize the importance of a potential heated rivalry game that will pay huge dividends to both programs in the future.   Close rivalry games continue to be the greatest part of CFB even if you somehow refuse to understand such a basic concept.

I will ask you one simple question.   How do you feel about playing UCF every year?    Your answer will be most telling.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#99 : October 30, 2012, 06:54:37 PM

Is this a self evaluation or are you describing Olaf? :D

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#100 : October 30, 2012, 07:42:43 PM

I don't think you should call runatroll that

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#101 : October 30, 2012, 07:45:31 PM

Your childish name- calling really proves my point.

You keep posting this crap, but how many times have you called USF cowards (or some form of) because the contract with UCF wasn't renewed?  Your answer will be telling.  You don't want to be called a moron or a troll, then stop acting like one

Runole

Hall of Famer
#102 : November 01, 2012, 05:23:14 PM

Your childish name- calling really proves my point.

You keep posting this crap, but how many times have you called USF cowards (or some form of) because the contract with UCF wasn't renewed?  Your answer will be telling.  You don't want to be called a moron or a troll, then stop acting like one

I don't recall  calling USF cowardly but what else would you call it ?   When two schools that are practically identical in terms of prestige in the state and one tucks tail and runs I would call that cowardly and real embarrassment to me as a USF alum.  I have followed CFB before you were probably making mustard and when teams like Florida drop Miami and silly USF does the same with UCF I think it is a total travesty and makes both programs look cowardly.   Disagree if you like but I find no other suitable conclusion.   

Calling me a moron or troll does little to prove any counter point you are trying to make.   Grow up and bring something to the table other than such infantile responses.   You just come off as a very immature and childish person.

I also think it was total bush league for USF to withold tickets from FSU fans and also limit FSU's full band coming to the stadium to entertain the fans. Again childish and embarrassing to me a USF alum.   I couldn't be prouder of the way USF began its short football history but some of its decisions are embarrassing to me personally as a USF grad.   

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#103 : November 01, 2012, 09:08:56 PM

Calling you a moron and a troll is stating a fact.   

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#104 : November 03, 2012, 09:45:19 PM

USF has been going downhill.. Leavitt was a great coach(USF, and Wake FOrest were the only D1 schools that recruited me before I got in trouble, and know many former and current players). Recruiting has been over-hyped with Skip and the coaching is awful.

But as a graduate I want to see better things from the Bulls. Luckily my cousins are making me proud at UF and Clemson.. Sammy needs to get his head out of his azz though
: November 03, 2012, 09:48:00 PM tripblood

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF BULLS FOOTBALL THREAD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools