Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I am extremely satisfied with how the Bucs have played this first half « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

alldaway

Hall of Famer

: August 24, 2012, 09:12:02 PM

There are some kinks in the armor that need to be ironed out, but all the problems I see can be fixed.  The team is showing it has players in the skill positions and trenches to compete, and they actually are more assignment sound than last season.  Tight end pretty much sticks out as a sore thumb, but that is a minor quibble and something that should be taken care of long term.

Pewterman

Starter

#1 : August 24, 2012, 09:15:14 PM

We out played one of the best teams in the league for an entire half. Yet nothing will ever please this fan base. They pressured Brady, ran the ball pretty okay and got the ball to Vincent Jackson. The defense is playing magnificently in all matters. 

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 24, 2012, 09:16:41 PM

20-7 ain;t half bad. They looked good.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : August 24, 2012, 09:16:47 PM

Everyone other than Freeman looks good.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 24, 2012, 09:17:55 PM

I agree especially the part about the team being more assignment sound. My areas of concern is the oline is getting out muscled, Freeman struggling to adjust once the Pats took away Vjax and Williams, and the TE position could be a bigger problem than we thought.

I do like the intensity of the D as a whole.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 24, 2012, 09:18:42 PM

Freeman looks like he is throwing a HOT football.

Ron Swanson

Starter

#6 : August 24, 2012, 09:20:24 PM

i was very impressed with Michael Bennet, dude got some serious pressure, a sack, a fumble forced, some qb pressures, a behind the line runstop.

\"When I eat it is the food that is scared.\" -R.S.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 24, 2012, 09:21:51 PM

Bennett looks like a better player when he actually stays on his assignments but pins his ears back when is needed.

shawn731

Starter

#8 : August 24, 2012, 09:24:40 PM

The D looks good.  The O looks good as well.  Freeman needs to run a little more.  He has time in the pocket and he is showing good awareness, but he needs to pick up a few yards or more by taking off.  His inaccuracies are not that bad.  It seems that he is throwing fastballs all game maybe he needs to slow the throw down a little.  Im impressed with the LB corp.  They have been playing real good.  Only a couple of missed tackles but overall a good half.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#9 : August 24, 2012, 09:25:43 PM

Even if they weren't winning 20-7 anyone should admit they are at least playing competitively. They look like they belong and that is a far cry from the end of last year. That being said, the defense looks energized, those guys are flying around. Barron looks to be a stud along with David. Black seems to have a nose for the ball. Some of the blitzes actually work, gotta love that. Multiple sacks against Tom Brady is nothing to sneeze at, guy is slippery smart.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

Ron Swanson

Starter

#10 : August 24, 2012, 09:26:50 PM

also, Adam Hayward has shown me more in this game then he's ever shown me, so I am more confident in him as solid depth.

\"When I eat it is the food that is scared.\" -R.S.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#11 : August 24, 2012, 09:28:00 PM

Black seems to have a nose for the ball.

Quincy is a baller.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 24, 2012, 09:28:16 PM

Promising. Other than the injuries piling up.

Pewterman

Starter

#13 : August 24, 2012, 09:28:26 PM

The D looks good.  The O looks good as well.  Freeman needs to run a little more.  He has time in the pocket and he is showing good awareness, but he needs to pick up a few yards or more by taking off.  His inaccuracies are not that bad.  It seems that he is throwing fastballs all game maybe he needs to slow the throw down a little.  Im impressed with the LB corp.  They have been playing real good.  Only a couple of missed tackles but overall a good half.
Oh wow. A rational and intelligent assessment of the game rather than pre-mature scrutiny and paranoid claims of doom.

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#14 : August 24, 2012, 09:45:21 PM

That can't be our defense out there,is it???  Cause I haven't seen those guys play that hard for almost 10 years now..

WOW on the defense..

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I am extremely satisfied with how the Bucs have played this first half « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools