Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Today's Schiano Press Conference (Linked Here) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: August 28, 2012, 12:53:05 PM

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/LIVE-Stream/2b0458eb-853f-4309-b1c9-5384657860b7
: August 28, 2012, 04:31:11 PM Morgan

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 28, 2012, 02:11:25 PM

Wow.

"LeGarrette's a smart guy.  He can sit down, watch the tape, and see that he got outperformed [by Martin.]"

Cut and dry.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 28, 2012, 02:11:50 PM

Video is up.

Good discussion about Davin's procedure, about the OL playing multiple positions, about LB David being a starter, about LGB being outperformed by #22, about Jordan Shipley's decision, etc etc.

Short but sweet.
: August 28, 2012, 02:13:28 PM Morgan

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 28, 2012, 02:15:50 PM

Wow.

"LeGarrette's a smart guy.  He can sit down, watch the tape, and see that he got outperformed [by Martin.]"

Cut and dry.

Ouch.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 28, 2012, 02:28:35 PM

Wow.

Cut and dry.
I wonder what BOID has to say about this...he should probably BASH schiano for not seeing how GREAT BLOUNT has been.  Blount is easily top 5 RB in the NFL today yet isn't the top RB on this team...does that make Martin the number ONE back in football now????

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#5 : August 28, 2012, 03:14:12 PM

Wow.

Cut and dry.

Ouch.

I admire the candor.  No "Chucky Two Face' schtick there.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#6 : August 28, 2012, 03:19:34 PM

You get beat, you get beat.  But I got a hunch we will be seeing both Blount and Martin this season....a bunch.  One thing that I love about Schiano is he KNEW who was good in college football, and Boise State had a lot of talent on it's roster. 

Martin reminds me a lot of Dunn but with more power....going to be fun watching this guy run!

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 28, 2012, 03:21:59 PM

Seemed a bit harsh to me. After all, we still need the guy. But Schiano is right there and has a better idea of how far he can push LGBT and still utilize him.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 28, 2012, 03:26:32 PM

Quote from: Detrimental
Cut throat. I'm not going to say anything but this, I told MANY people on this board Blount is back-up material. Hurdling **CENSORED**'s and being hard to tackle doesn't make you special. Been saying that all this off-season.
It worked for Mike for a long time. Definitely not the norm, but it can make you special if you pull it off with consistency.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 28, 2012, 03:27:44 PM

This whole Blount vs. Martin thing has been the most irrelevant story of the offseason. They're both going to play and if the offensive line is opening up holes, they're both going to get yards. This season will come down to Freeman and the defense.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 28, 2012, 03:32:33 PM

Quote from: Detrimental
Cut throat. I'm not going to say anything but this, I told MANY people on this board Blount is back-up material. Hurdling **CENSORED**'s and being hard to tackle doesn't make you special. Been saying that all this off-season.
It worked for Mike for a long time. Definitely not the norm, but it can make you special if you pull it off with consistency.
Mike did all the little things though. He could catch, convert short distances, and team-player-oriented(a stand up guy to root for) I don't ever remember him spurting at the mouth when we drafted Dunn a year later.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#11 : August 28, 2012, 03:38:13 PM

This whole Blount vs. Martin thing has been the most irrelevant story of the offseason. They're both going to play and if the offensive line is opening up holes, they're both going to get yards. This season will come down to Freeman and the defense.

Yeah, it's a media fest that completely ignores how the NFL works these days. All in the name of journalism I suppose.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 28, 2012, 04:12:21 PM

Wow.

Cut and dry.

Ouch.
Cut throat.

I'm not going to say anything but this, I told MANY people on this board Blount is back-up material. Hurdling **CENSORED**'s and being hard to tackle doesn't make you special. Been saying that all this off-season.

You also said Martin wasn't special and only worth a 6th round pick....

Draft Aaron Donald

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 28, 2012, 04:19:18 PM

Wow.

Cut and dry.
I wonder what BOID has to say about this...he should probably BASH schiano for not seeing how GREAT BLOUNT has been.  Blount is easily top 5 RB in the NFL today yet isn't the top RB on this team...does that make Martin the number ONE back in football now????

I was one that agreed with him. After the pre-season we've watched I would say Martin earned it. I also think Blount will be well used in a Marion Barber type role to stay fresh and used on a worn out defense.

I also said that if Martin was truly a better back that it was very good for this team as it would mean Martin has a chance to be great!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#14 : August 28, 2012, 04:29:31 PM

It's really not so harsh when you read the entire response to being asked how Blount was handling losing the competition, instead of just a little piece taken out of context.

"Well hes disappointed but hes been great. Hes about this team. Hes about us winning. At the very beginning, I sat them both down and told them what the deal was and they knew it. When you watch the tape, and LeGarrette is a smart guy, he sees that he got outperformed. But that doesnt mean thats it. As Ive told him, that can go the other way if you outperform him. We dont hand jobs and sign them over. Its always competition around here, continual. I think Dougs done a great job. Thats why he has the No. 1 seat but hes got to work to keep it."

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Today's Schiano Press Conference (Linked Here) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools