Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Today's Schiano Press Conference (Linked Here) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 28, 2012, 04:32:47 PM

You had Blount haters immediately saying Martin is the starter and Blount sucks and we should just trade him now and blah blah blah blah.....and then you had the people saying that Blount is proven and Martin would need to earn it. He clearly did earn it. Now the Blount haters wanna say "told you so" because they can't comprehend rational discussion.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 28, 2012, 04:37:01 PM

Blount will still play a **CENSORED** load even if Martin is the "starter". Dont think for one second he isnt gonna try to keep these two fresh by splitting the carries up nicely.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : August 28, 2012, 04:37:36 PM

There were maybe two or three people saying trade him. Don't over dramatize things and then talk about rational discussion.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#18 : August 28, 2012, 04:39:39 PM

Martin is clearly the better not only all around back, but runner.  He can make something out of small creases like the good backs in this league can.  Blount can't do that.  He has to have a clear, large hole and is slow to hit it.

(And, yes, that's what she said.)

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 28, 2012, 04:47:23 PM

I'm a hater because I've stated that BLOUNT is backup material,similiar to Brandon Jacobs...seems like reality if you ask me

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 28, 2012, 04:50:46 PM

I think hes starter material but Martin is much more versatile making him the better player. Blount cant catch and block quite like Martin can. Blount is a great weapon to have though. Not many RBs Id rather run with a lead than him.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 28, 2012, 04:52:56 PM

I think hes starter material but Martin is much more versatile making him the better player. Blount cant catch and block quite like Martin can. Blount is a great weapon to have though. Not many RBs Id rather run with a lead than him.
So he can FUMBLE the game away??? 

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 28, 2012, 04:55:11 PM

I agree with FRG that this story is irrelevant.   

This is a running team, 16+ games.  Mark my word, you will see plenty of action from the "first string" , "second string", and most likely "third string" RB's before this season is over.

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 28, 2012, 04:56:13 PM

So he can FUMBLE the game away???

I never said that. Yes the fumbles were bad last year. Schiano has talked about it though and it looks like something they are all working on and making sure it doesnt happen this year much. I know that if we do see them again that Schiano wont like it much and will likely reduce carries as a result. No different for Martin, WRs or even Freeman. Hes said multiple times that guys who fumble wont play.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 28, 2012, 05:30:47 PM

I'm a hater because I've stated that BLOUNT is backup material,similiar to Brandon Jacobs...seems like reality if you ask me

While Blount is a better runner overall than Jacobs, they are pretty similar running backs and not in a good way. Both power backs who can't seem to gain an inch in short yardage situations.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#25 : August 28, 2012, 05:31:53 PM

Michael Smith will have an impact on this team when given the chance.

Put a Jersey On

Practice Squad

#26 : August 28, 2012, 06:17:29 PM

Martin is clearly the better not only all around back, but runner.  He can make something out of small creases like the good backs in this league can.  Blount can't do that.  He has to have a clear, large hole and is slow to hit it.

(And, yes, that's what she said.)

Nailed it. That's always been the real knock on Blount. He can catch just fine and his pass blocking could improve with a little more practice. Too much tip-toeing at the LOS and too big to "get skinny" unless the hole is gaping. God help opposing defenses if he hits the 2nd level though.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 28, 2012, 06:20:01 PM

Yeah...cause we have had soooo many gaping holes. right?

The TRUTH is that in Blount's first two years he has had the highest elusiveness rating in the NFL because he is always getting hit in the backfield as soon as he gets the hand off, but has managed a 5 yard per carry average anyways.

Put a Jersey On

Practice Squad

#28 : August 28, 2012, 06:29:25 PM

Yeah...cause we have had soooo many gaping holes. right?

The TRUTH is that in Blount's first two years he has had the highest elusiveness rating in the NFL because he is always getting hit in the backfield as soon as he gets the hand off, but has managed a 5 yard per carry average anyways.

I don't mean to dog the guy at all. He brings such a large amount of natural talent for running with the ball to the table and he's only scratching the surface of his potential. I'm glad he got a real offseason under his belt for the first time and I think that'll pay huge dividens this season. Also, I think Schiano might have figured out a great way to motivate him. I hope the line has improved enough this offseason to minimize those tackles for loss.
: August 28, 2012, 06:32:43 PM Put a Jersey On

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 28, 2012, 07:44:51 PM

I don't pretend he is a solid all around back. If he was, he'd be Steven Jackson 2.0.....but he hasn't become that guy and who knows if he ever will be. At this point he is one dimensional and the previous regime did nothing to help him grow. So I don't pretend for a second that he needs to improve many aspects of his game. Even the most adamant Blount supporters admit this. It's pretty clear to non biased folks that he is an absolute beast with ridiculous talent and potential, but he is unrefined and needs to work hard to become a more well rounded back.

However, there are many that constantly claim he is nothing special, doesn't run well, and they even resort to making personal attacks or drubbing up ancient history. Those are the Blount haters.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Today's Schiano Press Conference (Linked Here) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools