Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Parker and Grimm « previous next »
Page: 1

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

: September 02, 2012, 02:18:53 PM

Great decision by the coaching staff and Dom to keep these guys.  It is clear they want to fortify the team with players that work hard and never quit.  The ceiling for this team over the next few years will be determined by players like these two.  Solid hard working no-nonsense players that put the team first.  Super pumped both of these guys are part of the beginning.

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#1 : September 02, 2012, 04:20:54 PM

Glad Grimm stuck. I like Parker as a slot reciever, but hope he don't have to return kicks. I wonder if his role will be significantly reduced when Benn returns to full speed.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 02, 2012, 08:38:50 PM

The approach to play the best players is the right one.  I know the upside to both of these players is significant and am looking forward both being strong contributors to our team in '12.

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#3 : September 02, 2012, 11:28:43 PM

Parker is our only real slot receiver option with any previous success. I'm sure he'll be fine.

I don't think Grimm ever recovered last season from his first injury....and hasn't shown any indication on the field that he is back to normal after his 2nd injury. Hopefully the coaches are seeing some good stuff from him that he hasn't shown in preseason.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 02, 2012, 11:34:28 PM

Grimm has a lot to prove.  Based on live action, the dude is toasty oats.  Wish he was cut, would have rather kept the spot open for a player who can make a diff.  I just cannot see Grimm doing that on busted legs.  He was given a pass by Schiano, when others were not, because Grimm kept quiet (imo), and was willing to put his body on the line without question. 

He is a strong kid, but he looked mud azz slow.

TheQ

Starter

#5 : September 03, 2012, 12:40:23 AM

Keeping Parker was and is a mistake, IMO. Shipley and/or Underwood were both superior to Parker and Sammie.
Grimm is not fast enough to handle the new pass happy NFL and especially the NFCSouth QBs.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#6 : September 03, 2012, 07:45:43 AM

Keeping Parker was and is a mistake, IMO. Shipley and/or Underwood were both superior to Parker and Sammie.
Grimm is not fast enough to handle the new pass happy NFL and especially the NFCSouth QBs.
Grimm is a player maybe not a great  athlete but decent depth.  As far as Parker, Underwood or Shipley who cares it's 6 of one half dozen the other imo.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 03, 2012, 12:51:23 PM

Parker is a feisty receiver.  In today's game, that is what is needed at the slot.  He will see a lot of action this year and will perform.  As a receiver, his effort has been perfect.  Grimm is a Schiano type of player.  He may be getting a pass based on his effort in practice. 

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#8 : September 03, 2012, 01:12:09 PM

Effort at practice doesn't get you a pass it gets you a roster spot.  And I agree he's a Shiano type player.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 03, 2012, 01:13:34 PM

Parker definitely deserves to be the #3 based on his play last year.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#10 : September 03, 2012, 01:17:36 PM

I could live with that but he better produce this year or he is replaceable.  As is everyone.

danimal09

Starter

#11 : September 03, 2012, 08:22:11 PM

Grimm has a lot to prove.  Based on live action, the dude is toasty oats.  Wish he was cut, would have rather kept the spot open for a player who can make a diff.  I just cannot see Grimm doing that on busted legs.  He was given a pass by Schiano, when others were not, because Grimm kept quiet (imo), and was willing to put his body on the line without question. 

He is a strong kid, but he looked mud azz slow.

Slow? I didn't see that at all. He has lost weight and I remember him chasing down Demps in the Pats game and Banks against the skins.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Parker and Grimm « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools