Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LGB Balance is... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 04, 2012, 08:00:13 AM

We signed Ware because we had no 3rd running back. It speaks to Micheal Smith's inability to be anything more than a returner way more than it does to Blount. We signed Ware so this run heavy offense doesn't end up depending on a Kregg Lumpkin type guy again. Can you really not understand that? Or are you just being a troll?

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#16 : September 04, 2012, 09:17:03 AM

Watching what happened after Graham went down, I am sure thy are looking for all the insurance they can get.  The insurance players are needed on both ones even more.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 04, 2012, 09:31:41 AM

Blount tweeting from Arizona this morning... Isn't kinda strange to be on the other side of the country four days before the season kicks off? I'm sure we would have heard if he had been traded though... Right?

If we did trade em.... Hope to gawd we got Darnell dockett or Calais cambell!
: September 04, 2012, 09:35:04 AM JDouble

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 04, 2012, 10:48:13 AM

Perhaps he is not coachable because he is an intuitive player with unique field vision and the ability to carry half the D on his back as he chugs down the road....I agree.  You can't coach it.  So leave him the H----
alone.  Let the guy do his thing and coach the guys around him to open the field for him more.....he is a great exciting back.  Support him.   Schiano has done a great job shaping this team up and installing a common sense regime given what he inherited....but all great coaches and manager have to learn at some point that no team is a one size fits all....you have to learn to be a bit flexible...that is the true meaning of situation football.  So Schano.  Get off Blount's butt and start finding out how you can make him even better by going with ( not against ) what he does best!

I'm tired of this conversation about trading and dissing Blount.  Fans love him.  I don't care squat that he doesn't block.  Just let the kid run.
: September 04, 2012, 10:50:30 AM Ladyfan

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 04, 2012, 03:24:58 PM

We signed Ware because we had no 3rd running back. It speaks to Micheal Smith's inability to be anything more than a returner way more than it does to Blount.

Yes, because a rookie 6th round pick from the Mountain West like Micheal Smith should already know everything there is to know about pass protections , but 3 year vet Blount is excused.

Makes sense.

Get a clue. We had to go out and get Ware because Blount is still a one-trick pony , and always will be. We needed someone else who can play 3rd downs if Martin goes down , and you can't bame that on a rookie 6th round pick from Utah State. Blame the vet who's too stupid to learn.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 04, 2012, 03:28:17 PM

Blount is a down-hill runner. Mike Alstott-style. I personally love it, we don't see that in the NFL any more.

All these new running backs are scared to take a hit or drag people with them 30 yards for a score.

EDIT: I can't spell for **CENSORED**.
: September 04, 2012, 03:31:19 PM BFT+C

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 04, 2012, 03:29:44 PM

We signed Ware because we had no 3rd running back. It speaks to Micheal Smith's inability to be anything more than a returner way more than it does to Blount.

Yes, because a rookie 6th round pick from the Mountain West like Micheal Smith should already know everything there is to know about pass protections , but 3 year vet Blount is excused.

Makes sense.

Get a clue. We had to go out and get Ware because Blount is still a one-trick pony , and always will be. We needed someone else who can play 3rd downs if Martin goes down , and you can't bame that on a rookie 6th round pick from Utah State. Blame the vet who's too stupid to learn.
But you forgot, Blount has only had ONE true offseason now, and Schinao isn't giving him the opportunity.  It's not Blounts fault its EVERYONE else's fault.  YOU are just a BLOUNT hater...go watch YOUTUBE

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 04, 2012, 03:50:37 PM

Makes sense.

But you forgot, Blount has only had ONE true offseason now, and Schinao isn't giving him the opportunity.  It's not Blounts fault its EVERYONE else's fault.  YOU are just a BLOUNT hater...go watch YOUTUBE

Sorry , I didn't realize Blount had a highlight video . I change my mind. Having a highlight video on youtube clearly means you are Hall of Fame bound. Just ask this guy :

LOL!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 04, 2012, 03:57:13 PM

I love Blount but they make a fine point about the blocking and catching concerns. If Martin goes down then what? We would be back to where they were without Ware. In trouble. Getting Ware allows Blount to do what he does best and keeps the 6th rounder on the bench. We needed a vet RB. Smith could be good but so far they dont feel he is good enough to take over at that position if Martin goes down. Apparently they dont feel Blount can either. Which is fine. They know his game is the run game. Which is fine. That doesnt mean he cant block or catch. It just means he may not the be the best option for that. Which I agree. Hes not really my ideal guy for those situations. Put him in when we are running or doing a little play action. Perfect role for him. Doesnt need to be made any more complicated than that.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 04, 2012, 04:08:55 PM

I love Blount but they make a fine point about the blocking and catching concerns.

What do you mean ?? Don't you know that anyone who disagrees with Jdouble is a "troll" ??

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 04, 2012, 04:44:06 PM

JaMarcus + LeGarrette would be unstoppable!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 04, 2012, 04:46:53 PM

Blount is an elite back but yet again this franchise doesn't seem to want to give him the opportunity he deserves to become an all-around back.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 04, 2012, 04:51:27 PM

Blount is an elite back but yet again this franchise doesn't seem to want to give him the opportunity he deserves to become an all-around back.

I think as far as running the ball goes he does it very well. Elite? Hes got some elite rushing numbers. Today "Elite" back tends to be used more as the guy who can do it all. So in that way, no hes not elite but the guy can run the ball very well. Which is what we are paying him to do.
: September 04, 2012, 05:13:42 PM BucBalla85

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 04, 2012, 04:54:28 PM

I love Blount but they make a fine point about the blocking and catching concerns. If Martin goes down then what? We would be back to where they were without Ware. In trouble. Getting Ware allows Blount to do what he does best and keeps the 6th rounder on the bench. We needed a vet RB. Smith could be good but so far they dont feel he is good enough to take over at that position if Martin goes down. Apparently they dont feel Blount can either. Which is fine. They know his game is the run game. Which is fine. That doesnt mean he cant block or catch. It just means he may not the be the best option for that. Which I agree. Hes not really my ideal guy for those situations. Put him in when we are running or doing a little play action. Perfect role for him. Doesnt need to be made any more complicated than that.

You are right. It doesn't need to be more complicated than that. Some folks just can't grasp it. Blount has not shown he can be a reliable 3rd down back, and Michael Smith is a returner who looks like poo as a running back. We NEEDED a dependable 3rd down back. I've been preaching that for weeks.

However, some of these clowns can't admit that Blount is an amazing runner because he hasn't proven to be a good blocker or receiver. They pretend he sucks and has no value. They have hater hearing so when someone says "Blount isn't dependable as a blocker or receiver, but he is an amazing runner" they hear "Blount is a top 5 elite running back" It's like talking to a wall.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 04, 2012, 05:01:02 PM

Show me the numbers to back up the ELITE runner status.  No matter how you slice it he's had ONE season that he had barely 1k yards.  He struggles in short yardage and has fumbling issues.  Just waiting to hear the oh he doesn't get the opportunites stat or the look at his ypc.  Maybe if the guy was ELITE RUNNING he could move the chains in the first quarter so we wouldn't be losing by so much by the start of the 2nd quarter.  Blount is average at best and a quality backup RB just like Jacobs.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LGB Balance is... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools