Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LGB Balance is... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 04, 2012, 05:16:44 PM

His average is pretty high. 4.6 is very good if you ask me.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 04, 2012, 05:26:11 PM

considering he averaged 2.8 YPC in the first quarter last season...i bet thats olson's fault or the lines fault

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 04, 2012, 05:29:09 PM

See the difference is some of us can point out his weaknesses and still see his greatness, while some of us can ONLY see the bad and point out the negative.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 04, 2012, 05:52:08 PM

Blount and greatness in the same sentence from JDouble...typical!!  The guy average 2 yards a carry in the first quarter but he's not too blame correct?  Once graham went out we didn't have a backup RB to fill in but once again that's not BLOUNTS fault is it?  The bottom line is if you think greatness is 800 yards rushing, same amount of fumbles as touchdowns, and NOT TO EVEN MENTION his lack of vision, pass protection, route running, and recieving skills then so be it.  Hopefully you expect to lose 10 games a season because if your GREAT RB is putting up those numbers this team is going to lose.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 04, 2012, 06:02:29 PM

Again....

See the difference is some of us can point out his weaknesses and still see his greatness, while some of us can ONLY see the bad and point out the negative.

Mizer

Second String

#35 : September 05, 2012, 05:59:26 AM

yea but the coach said it best - if he cannot do anything but run, then you are scripting what you are going to do when you put him in there...   you have to be able to keep him in there on passing downs.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#36 : September 05, 2012, 07:06:01 AM

yea but the coach said it best - if he cannot do anything but run, then you are scripting what you are going to do when you put him in there...   you have to be able to keep him in there on passing downs.
If that's the case it would appear the coaching staff must believe they can teach him to do the things he's not doing well now.  Otherwise they would be trying to trade him.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 05, 2012, 07:08:45 AM

As it has been pointed out and proven over and over again, most running backs struggle with pass protection for a few years. It's no excuse, it's a fact. He's got to show improvement this year in that area. He had a real offseason and a real coaching staff, so there are no excuses. If he finishes this season and is still horrible at pass protection, then it is definitely a problem.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 05, 2012, 07:18:05 AM

Even if you have a highlight video on youtube ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#39 : September 05, 2012, 07:21:11 AM

I know you don't like the guy DJ but you have to admit it's an impressive video.  The hurdles he makes over the defenders are jaw dropping. 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 05, 2012, 07:26:25 AM

I know you don't like the guy DJ but you have to admit it's an impressive video.  The hurdles he makes over the defenders are jaw dropping.

That's a misconception painted by the Blount Smokers. I have nothing against him . I just think he's a one trick pony who's never going to be a feature back. That's why I want him in a back-up/ change of pace role. The coaches obviously agree with me.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#41 : September 05, 2012, 07:29:50 AM

You were obviously wrong as he's already been a feature back.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 05, 2012, 07:33:46 AM

You were obviously wrong as he's already been a feature back.

...and failed and had to be replaced . We had to use a 1st rounder on Doug Martin and then pick up D.J. Ware just so we could get that liability off the damn field in most situations.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#43 : September 05, 2012, 07:40:50 AM

He didn't fail, he was replaced by a #1 draft pick.  What did we give up to get LGB?  We probably got more value out of LGB than any other player on our team, excluding Ronde  It's not a misconception what people on this board think of you and your opinions.  You make it very obvious.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 05, 2012, 07:48:43 AM

He didn't fail, he was replaced by a #1 draft pick.

...and why do you suppose we we traded up and used a 1st round pick on a RB..... because Blount is the complete package and the answer ?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LGB Balance is... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools