Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LGB Balance is... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

jbr18

Second String

: September 03, 2012, 05:09:11 PM

Amazing. I was watching some old clips on him and man does it take usually more than one to get him down. We need to put him on some screens and let him see some open field!!

For example 4:40-4:50
: September 03, 2012, 05:10:42 PM jbr18

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 03, 2012, 06:04:00 PM

Haven't you been paying attention? Blount is just an average back up. Nothing special......Hahahaha! How anybody can watch this guy's highlight and say with a straight face that Blount is just average and nothing more than a Brandon Jacobs clone...is beyond me.

I love the run is at 4:10. Great stuff.

Draft Aaron Donald

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 03, 2012, 07:41:52 PM

Show me clips of him picking up a blitz, running a great route out of the backfield, catching the ball and making a play.  Not to mention his fumbling issues.  He's martins backup where he belongs.  If Martin goes down I guarantee you Blount doesn't play on 3 td down.  The guy is one demensional

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 03, 2012, 07:53:02 PM

everybody loves blount.  but no one is happy with two studs in blount and martin.  not enough to have 2 studs...

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 03, 2012, 08:15:35 PM

Highlights of his blocking? Show me highlights of Adrian Petersons blocking... Who wants to see a RB blocking highlight video?

Blount hasn't 't proven to be an all purpose back yet, but that doesn't mean he isn't a great runner. Reminds me of the recent common argument that Parker isn't a dependable slot receiver because he fumbles kick returns. Nonsense. One has nothing to do with the other. Two separate discussions being combined into one.

This thread was started by a guy that was just reminded d of what an amazing runner Blount is.... And he is amazing. His blocking/receiving skills don't change that. If you wanna discuss Blount inability to be a complete back... There are several other existing threads for that.
: September 03, 2012, 08:21:08 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#5 : September 03, 2012, 09:18:54 PM

Show me clips of him picking up a blitz, running a great route out of the backfield, catching the ball and making a play.  Not to mention his fumbling issues.  He's martins backup where he belongs.  If Martin goes down I guarantee you Blount doesn't play on 3 td down.  The guy is one demensional
One could also say, show me more than 3 clips of Martin getting more than 3 yards on a run this preseason and you'd be hard pressed.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#6 : September 03, 2012, 09:54:39 PM

Fact. The man can move the ball. I don't care how he does it, but he does it. If he had Carolina's or Green Bay's OL, we would hear more of him on ESPN. It surprises me how fans under-value him.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 03, 2012, 10:44:17 PM

Can we add the fumbles to blunts running then or is that separate as well?  Yet another reason the homers are just ridiculous when u continue to bring the best rb in the gm into the conversation.  Adrian and Blount aren't even in the same league so just stop.  Let's compare him to Jacobs first

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 03, 2012, 10:48:29 PM

Blount is the best RB in the NFL, bar none.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 03, 2012, 11:02:00 PM

Can we add the fumbles to blunts running then or is that separate as well?  Yet another reason the homers are just ridiculous when u continue to bring the best rb in the gm into the conversation.  Adrian and Blount aren't even in the same league so just stop.  Let's compare him to Jacobs first

Blount is no more like Jacobs than he is Adrian Peterson. Neither is a good comparison. I used Peterson because he is considered the best...and he had more fumbles than Blount over his first two years. 19 in his first 3 years. Many RBs have fumbling issues early in their career...so just stop.

Draft Aaron Donald

Mizer

Second String

#10 : September 03, 2012, 11:05:47 PM

the problem with blount is that he isn't coachable.  he doesn't catch properly, he doesn't block properly even though he has been shown over and over.  -and worse of all, he does not go through the line of scrimmage properly... he even has been pulled out of games early last year because he refused to even follow the loose guidelines the coaches insisted he follow.   ...so as a coach you just have to accept what and who he is and go with that.  this is not the guy you build your offense around.  you do give him his carries...  that is why he is still here.  Hopefully being second string will cure him.  I dunno.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 03, 2012, 11:13:54 PM

the problem with blount is that he isn't coachable.  he doesn't catch properly, he doesn't block properly even though he has been shown over and over.  -and worse of all, he does not go through the line of scrimmage properly... he even has been pulled out of games early last year because he refused to even follow the loose guidelines the coaches insisted he follow.   ...so as a coach you just have to accept what and who he is and go with that.  this is not the guy you build your offense around.  you do give him his carries...  that is why he is still here.  Hopefully being second string will cure him.  I dunno.

False.

LeGarrette Blount > LaDanian Tomlinson

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 04, 2012, 07:26:04 AM

the problem with blount is that he isn't coachable. 

This might be true, but drawing this conclusion as fact because Raheem/Olson didn't do a good job coaching him up, might be a tad premature. This is also his first full offseason since he entered the league. Can we at least give him a full offseason/season with Schiano and Byner before we decide he isn't coachable? If he doesn't improve his weaknesses this year, then I will have to agree with you, but right now I think you are jumping the gun.

Draft Aaron Donald

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 04, 2012, 07:39:22 AM

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 04, 2012, 07:54:46 AM

I'm sure we signed D.J. Ware because Blount made leaps and bounds learning the finer aspects of the game this offseason , and is ready to be more than a one-trick pony......or not.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LGB Balance is... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools