Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 Florida Football Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

GameTime

Hall of Famer
: September 08, 2012, 08:38:41 PM

what say you UF fans?  (and others of course)

im pretty excited, i do like what muschamp is doing.  its not the glitz of what has been UF football, but i like his vision.

i was ready to give up on driskel about halfway through the game.  huge throw to hines in the 2nd half.

defense is jekyll and hyde, never know what to expect from drive to drive.

cant believe the OL isnt more of a strength, thought they would be better.

amazed at all the injuries and cramping...sure hope gilly comes back soon...he's needed.

should be a fun year...with hope on the horizon.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 08, 2012, 11:37:18 PM

Looks like we have some what of an offense which is what we need to be competitive and fun to watch.  Glad to see it doing something.  Also the halftime adjustments were amazing in that it looked like a different game in the second half.   Should be and up and down year with a young QB though, maybe next year or 2 the Gators will be a top 10 team again.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 09, 2012, 08:41:35 AM

Obviously the second half of the game was much, much better.  I thought Driskel looked good overall.  Obviously he needs to learn when to give up on a play, but that will hopefully come.  He stuck some balls in tight windows yesterday, with Hammond dropping a TD on 3rd down.

I think they might get drummed at Tenny next week, though.  Bray is a helluva QB.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 10, 2012, 09:54:42 PM

my POV as an FSU fan

you guys seem to be coming out of the gate slowly on offense. the offense lloks out of sync until the half. you seem to get into the lockerroom and make good adjustments. driskell is a bit erratic. he took a bunch of needless sacks against TAMU and he is clearly not seeing the whole field yet. he needs to learn how to get rid of the ball if theres nothing there. when he plays calmly he can make some decent throws. the running game looks decent. gillislee looks solid as long as his groin doesnt act up. WR is still a major question. i dont know how but you guys just dont have a playmaker at WR. debose is a bum until he can prove otherwise. he shows a flash every now and again but disappears for multiple games at a time. your oline is pretty shaky.

defensively you guys have played decently. matt elam will be the strength of this defense. kid can fly around and hit. the tackles are hit and miss right now. if you guys get hit with injuroes at DT you will be in dire trouble. DE's look ok thus far. seem to be bringing pressure on opposing qbs. outside of bostic you dont have any linebackers that inspire fear. having jelani jenkins out is going to hurt. he needs to come back for your backer corps to look decent. corners look good. roberson is very good.

couple questions for you gator fans
i havent seen an official report but is josh evans a scratch for a couple games? im guessing he had a seperated shoulder judging by where he was hit. who steps in for him?
who plays linebacker now? bostic and.............?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 10, 2012, 11:57:58 PM

heard evans will be back for tenn.  morrison and taylor should step in at LB i assume.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 11, 2012, 08:34:25 AM

surprised evans is gonna play. looked like he seperated his shoulder, musta just been a stinger

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 11, 2012, 02:04:32 PM

i think they did say something similar to stinger.  could be wrong, but believe they said he felt like he lost some strength in it.  maybe similar to the hit colt mccoy took against alabama?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 16, 2012, 05:57:35 PM

Did not expect UF to blow out UT.  Wow, what a performance.

Driskel is getting better and better every game.  Going to be interesting to see how they perform in October while playing three teams that ranked in the top 7.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 16, 2012, 09:47:08 PM

cant say im surprised to see you guys beat tennessee. it is tennessee after all and they just cant get over the hill on you guys. will definately be interesting to see what happens when you start playing teams that are actually good all around. i only see 3 teams that have a chance to beat you on your schedule. LSU, UGA, and FSU. USCE would have a chance if shaw was healthy but i doubt he will be.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 16, 2012, 10:14:32 PM

UF is still very jeckyll and hyde to me.  we got lucky with some dropped passes from hunter and #84, but it certainly was nice to put them away late.  driskel seems silent and then comes up with some bigtime throws.  very disappointed with both lines...OL should be a strength but no where close.  DL has done a good job against the run but not enough pressure.

dex - with VT looking very "fraudish" who is the toughtest opponent for fsu?  they might be able to cakewalk into a game with bama!

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 17, 2012, 11:46:52 AM

UF is probably the 3rd best team in the SEC.. South Carolina to me is the only legitimate challenege for Bama

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 17, 2012, 05:40:23 PM

UF is still very jeckyll and hyde to me.  we got lucky with some dropped passes from hunter and #84, but it certainly was nice to put them away late.  driskel seems silent and then comes up with some bigtime throws.  very disappointed with both lines...OL should be a strength but no where close.  DL has done a good job against the run but not enough pressure.

dex - with VT looking very "fraudish" who is the toughtest opponent for fsu?  they might be able to cakewalk into a game with bama!

VT is definately a fraud. the only tough games left are UF and clemson. both are jeckyll and hyde. clemson is great on offense but hasnt faced a great defense yet. their defense is preety meh since they  gave up 350 yds to furman. UF has very solid defense. not quite as good as i thought theyd be but they are missing some starters. offensively they are better than i thought theyd be but dont scare me in the least. they havent played a good defense yet. UF has played a couple decent teams but nobody that is a challenge. to me UF really has only 3 challenging games left. UGA, LSU and FSU.

honestly i think the toughest opponent is ourselves. moreso than UF and clemson we beat ourselves as a team. we always find a game or two to blow by not playing to potential. we lost to clemson lastyear more from mistakes we made than plays they made. its really frustrating being an FSU fan and seeing us shoot ourselves in the foot year in and year out. hopefully this is the year we finally quit doing it.

for the record im almost ok with missing the national title game if we were to play Bama. would much rather go on to the Orange bowl and win against someone else. Bama is looking ridiculous right now
: September 17, 2012, 05:43:22 PM dexmonkey

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 18, 2012, 04:16:14 PM

fsu v. clemson should be very interesting to watch.  im starting to think fsu might actually be the real deal this year...and as noted, the schedule certainly is nice.  fsu is an early -14.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 18, 2012, 05:59:07 PM

fsu v. clemson should be very interesting to watch.  im starting to think fsu might actually be the real deal this year...and as noted, the schedule certainly is nice.  fsu is an early -14.

Im going to the game on Saturday got my tickets, and hotel booked this afternoon. Sammy Watkins is fittin to get off on FSU.. WATCH

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 23, 2012, 06:13:12 PM

That game pissed me off

Boyd is awful

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 Florida Football Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools