Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 Florida Football Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 07, 2012, 11:06:57 AM

Elam is an angry man. I would love to see him paired with Barron

Doubt it happens as Elam looks like 1st round material. Also I think Ahmad Black is the eventual starter with Barron.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 07, 2012, 06:59:51 PM

New AP is out.

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. USC-East
4. Florida   8)
5 WVU  :o

So it is crushing D, then O then 2 more crushing Ds then Crazy wicked O with NO D.

I just really hope WVU gets one of those top SEC Ds in a bowl game. IF that happened and Geno still put up 28+ pts win or lose, now you are talking top 2 draft pick

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 08, 2012, 11:08:57 AM

not sold on Florida in the least. the D is nasty like i expected but the O just isnt that good. i think they are going to feast on a weak schedule from here out. LSU was obviously extremely overrated.

and before anyone says anything, yes we crapped the bed, i know.

WVU and UF are like twins with opposite abilities. WVU is all offense and no defense and UF is all defense. luckily for florida there arent many teams to challenge them with a good offense. they get into a shootout situation and they might be in trouble

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 08, 2012, 11:25:26 AM

not sold on Florida in the least. the D is nasty like i expected but the O just isnt that good. i think they are going to feast on a weak schedule from here out. LSU was obviously extremely overrated.

luckily for florida there arent many teams to challenge them with a good offense. they get into a shootout situation and they might be in trouble

feast on a weak schedule?  are you channeling your inner-runole?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 08, 2012, 12:53:27 PM

no. georgia got exposed as a fraud by south carolina and just cant get over the hump against UF. vandy wont be a problem, missouri sucks, youve got another OOC cupcake before us. the only team that should pose a problem is south carolina. we arent gonna do much either if jimbo doesnt get his head out of his ass, so yeah, the rest of the schedule isnt that daunting.

and please do not lump me in with that delusional tard. you should know by now that i dont flame just to flame and im a realist. i call it as i see it and im not impressed UF's offense. just the same im not impressed with our(FSU) defence. we arent playing as well as last year and i dont know why
: October 08, 2012, 12:55:32 PM dexmonkey

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 08, 2012, 01:22:58 PM

i guess we'll see, i still think UF has as daunting a schedule as anyone.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 08, 2012, 01:36:36 PM

its tough, not as tough as last year but its a winnable schedule at this point. as long as the defense carries the team theyll be fine.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 08, 2012, 02:27:55 PM

and i could be overrating the SEC too, wouldnt be the first time.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 08, 2012, 02:49:19 PM

the SEC is pretty overrated this year. LSU isnt very good, USCE is living on coming in highly rated and killing a massively overrated Georgia. UF is overrated based on the fact that most people pegged them as an 8 win team coming into the year. their rating is a kneejerk reaction, im in prove it mode still. ole miss still sucks, vandy and kentucky suck. auburn is a dumpster fire. Tenn still sucks. mizzou and Tamu are very pedestrian. arkansas is a trash fire. mississippi state is solid but nothing special. Bama is the only truly elite team in that conference this year. truthfully theyre the only elite team in the country this year. college football as a whole is pretty down this year. its a strange one for sure

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 08, 2012, 03:10:14 PM

i agree on bama...and like you mentioned, there arent many elite teams.  parity runs rampant.  doesnt mean that the SEC is overrated, just means that teams arent quite as good as they have been in past years. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 08, 2012, 04:57:33 PM

no. georgia got exposed as a fraud by south carolina

I think you're exaggerating this point quite a bit.  Did NC State "expose" FSU or did the Seminoles just play like crap?

Georgia is a talented team.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 08, 2012, 06:23:42 PM

no. georgia got exposed as a fraud by south carolina

I think you're exaggerating this point quite a bit.  Did NC State "expose" FSU or did the Seminoles just play like crap?

Georgia is a talented team.

i dont think i am. georgia had problems with buffalo earlier in the year. they won but it wasnt pretty. i dont think theyre nearly as good as everyone thought.

NCstate game was an abomination. we played horrible and Jimbo and the coaches got exposed. we made zero defensive adjustments and jimbo called a moronic game on offense. the bluerpint to beating us is to let us beat you up in the first half. jimbo will put the offense in neutral and try to do nothing and then put your offense in gear. our coach calls horrible offensive plays and wont go for the killshot when he needs to.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 08, 2012, 06:50:30 PM

A team with as much talent as Georgia is never a cake-walk , especially in a rivalry game. Get serious.

As far as Alabama , if UF runs the table they'll be playing Bama in the SEC Title Game also. Easy schedule my ass.

Bottom Line: Any team who runs the table in the SEC , or even escapes with only 1 loss , can be assured that they are battle tested and had to earn it. Even after the SEC winning so many national championships in a row  , it amazes me how some people are still ignorant to how tough playing an SEC schedule is...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 08, 2012, 07:40:07 PM

im not counting Bama into UF's schedule. frankly UF isnt talented enough to beat Bama. nobody in the country is. i expect them to win the title again so long as they dont sustain a bunch of key injuries.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 08, 2012, 10:10:59 PM

Anything can happen in one game....better teams than 2012 Bama have lost due to turnovers / a couple strange bounces.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 Florida Football Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools