Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 10, 2012, 11:44:27 AM

I saw that and it was not a leg injury. Maybe it was but that wasn't the reason he was hobbling around like that.

He got hit in the head, helmet to helmet and got his bell rung, big time. Watch the game over, and watch how he was acting when he tried to walk off. That's not how you react to a cramp.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 10, 2012, 11:47:58 AM

The reality of the situation is Blount was terrible yesterday and its CLEAR why Martin will have a huge impact on this team

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 10, 2012, 11:56:08 AM

It was a leg cramp. It was on the muscle that Blount pulled during pre-season. The decision to pull him was the right one. He'll be in next week.

There was a play that I think was before that. Blount had a good pass protection pickup, but his guy jumped up and batted the ball. It looked like when he went to the sidelines Schiano was telling him he had to cut the guy when that happens. Maybe Blount then tried to cut a guy just for the sake of cutting him.

I saw this, and I immediately thought how our players have more than coaches on the sidelines; they have teachers. Made me smile.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 10, 2012, 11:56:35 AM

Before he was hurt, he had two tough runs up the gut for 4 yards each and a dump off pass for 2 yards where he hurdled the first guy and almost turned it into a big time play. He had good and bad moments in pass protection.

How does that equal horrible? Stop being a nub.

Draft Aaron Donald

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 10, 2012, 12:25:59 PM

Considering he was NOT injured from ALL the reports i like how the homers keep trying to make yet ANOTHER EXCUSE!!!  The coaching staff has no faith in the guy and with Martin getting the carries and Ware (only been here a WEEK) as the 3rd down back he will hardly see the field.  I saw a picture of all the RB's on the sideline sitting together and the GREAT BLOUNT was standing by himself yards away from the team.  It's also report that Blount was the first person to leave after the game and wasn't available for the media.  Sounds like the guy is going back to his old ways and Schiano will get rid of him

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 10, 2012, 12:30:05 PM

lol, Blount was sat by the coaches to avoid further strain. nice try though PAC. Continue to resort to making stuff up if you need to, but it just makes you look even more pitiful than you already do.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 10, 2012, 12:32:48 PM

Id like to see more Blount to take some pressure off of Martin. Get a little change of pace in there once in a while. I wonder if he did get hurt yesterday or they just felt more comfortable with Martin. I mean Blount was fine when he was in there. He did everything he was supposed to besides a huge play. He made a block for Freeman when he was in there, caught a ball on that 2 yard hurdle lol, and he made positive yards when he ran it. I think they just liked how Martin was playing. Or he really was hurt and they were just being cautious. Which is fine because we have Ware as well. Those three guys will get plenty of work this year.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 10, 2012, 12:34:10 PM

The reality of the situation is Blount was terrible yesterday and its CLEAR why Martin will have a huge impact on this team

No the reality of the situation is you have a personal agenda for some strange reason against Blount,  You do realize this was Blount's first OTA since being picked by Tennessee as an un-drafted free agent?

Certainly he is no  where near as polished a product as Martin.   Just a thought but perhaps that is because other than about a year and a couple of games at Oregon Blount is still a working project who has loads of potential albeit not a ton of experience.

Heck even DJ Ware has more Pro and college experience than Blount.  Looking at the game I disagree completely that Blount was terrible.   Of course I cheer for all buc players rather than just particular ones that may be fan favorites.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 10, 2012, 12:41:27 PM

the lack of OTA's excuse is overboard to me.  no one thinks during the 17 week season that a player can improve?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 10, 2012, 12:45:37 PM

Lol heres come the homers....the guy has played 2 NFL seasons and has more carries than Martin/Ware combined.  He was timid hitting the holes and missed pass protections when he was in the game. 

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#40 : September 10, 2012, 12:51:12 PM

Lol heres come the homers....the guy has played 2 NFL seasons and has more carries than Martin/Ware combined.  He was timid hitting the holes and missed pass protections when he was in the game.

Homer?    Not at all I just am far more aware of Blounts history than you apparently are.   And if you think he got any coaching from the pathetic staff of his first 2 years I have some swampland to sell you.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#41 : September 10, 2012, 12:53:01 PM

the lack of OTA's excuse is overboard to me.  no one thinks during the 17 week season that a player can improve?

Are you still seriously defending the previous regime as actually coaching the team to be better?   Seriously?  Watching yesterday's game did you not see the difference from the last 3 years?

Oh and answer this question?  Where is the majority of a players time spent?  game or practice...  Blount looks improved already over the first 2 seasons.
: September 10, 2012, 12:54:52 PM Runole

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 10, 2012, 12:54:57 PM

lol, PAC didnt watch the game. Blount was only in for 6 plays maybe.

Timid? just making stuff up. Another resident troll.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#43 : September 10, 2012, 12:56:09 PM

They can say that Blount wasn't injured all they want, but that was a pretty scary scene with him trying to stand, wobbling around and then collapsing. He didn't return after that. There's no scenario where I'd buy that it's just a coincidence as opposed to a direct correlation.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 10, 2012, 01:03:47 PM

Dougie Martin didn't seem very explosive to me yesterday.

I need to see him break some big runs instead of just grinding 3-4 yards per carry.

I know he was explosive in college...I've just yet to see it in the pre-season or sunday.

I'm concerned the Schiano is going to run him into the ground....then we are back to square one.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools