Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One ugly word Schiano needs to stop using. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Greg Schiano

Practice Squad

#15 : September 20, 2012, 12:56:32 PM

So I was feeding my dog named Rutgers while watching Hobo with a Shotgun, which by the way, Rutger Hauer is great at and I noticed in the Rutgers Times that the Cowboys struggled against the Seahawks physically. That wouldn't have happened to Rutgers when I was there. You just don't out physical Rutgers. I sincerely hope that Rob Ryan takes a page out of Rutgers history and plays physical just as Rutgers did when I was there. This Cowboys team has all the tools to be a successful team just as Rutgers was. When you're talking about being a good physical team, it starts up front and you have to have a good center like we do. Jeremy Zuttah, of Rutgers University is true class act and a future hall of famer. I know a lot of people are making me out to be some kind of monster, but I'm just a typical Rutgers family guy. I love spending time with my wife who is a Rutgers alumni and I also enjoy spending time with my children, both of my boys Rutgers I, Rutgers II, and my little girl, Rutgeria.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : September 20, 2012, 01:11:49 PM

Seems like you're in a bit of a rut.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 20, 2012, 01:50:38 PM

Quote from: Greg Schiano
So I was feeding my dog named Rutgers while watching Hobo with a Shotgun, which by the way, Rutger Hauer is great at and I noticed in the Rutgers Times that the Cowboys struggled against the Seahawks physically. That wouldn't have happened to Rutgers when I was there. You just don't out physical Rutgers. I sincerely hope that Rob Ryan takes a page out of Rutgers history and plays physical just as Rutgers did when I was there. This Cowboys team has all the tools to be a successful team just as Rutgers was. When you're talking about being a good physical team, it starts up front and you have to have a good center like we do. Jeremy Zuttah, of Rutgers University is true class act and a future hall of famer. I know a lot of people are making me out to be some kind of monster, but I'm just a typical Rutgers family guy. I love spending time with my wife who is a Rutgers alumni and I also enjoy spending time with my children, both of my boys Rutgers I, Rutgers II, and my little girl, Rutgeria.

Link: http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/2925-official-bucs-vs-cowboys-thread/page__st__120#entry204467

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 20, 2012, 09:10:24 PM

I actually agree with this, living in the bay area I never hear Harbaugh bring up his Stanford days

Good point, agree.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 20, 2012, 09:54:45 PM

I actually agree with this, living in the bay area I never hear Harbaugh bring up his Stanford days

Good point, agree.

So, him bringing in Pac 12 refs for minicamps had nothing to do with Stanford?

So, he doesn't say anything about his old team, that's just how he is. He was also lauded when he made the jump to the NFL. Schiano met a mixed reaction, but how can you fault him for referencing his longest and most recent tenure as a coach? If Gruden didn't say anything about the Raiders, we probably wouldn't have won a Super Bowl.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 20, 2012, 09:56:00 PM

We brought him here because of what he did at Rutgers. If he just doesn't mention anything he had done there, it would be pointless.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 20, 2012, 09:57:02 PM

Good point, agree.

So, he doesn't say anything about his old team, that's just how he is. He was also lauded when he made the jump to the NFL. Schiano met a mixed reaction, but how can you fault him for referencing his longest and most recent tenure as a coach? If Gruden didn't say anything about the Raiders, we probably wouldn't have won a Super Bowl.

Schiano might be better served by touting his 5 years in the NFL as a defensive coach,   IMO.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 20, 2012, 09:58:40 PM

Good point, agree.

Schiano might be better served by touting his 5 years in the NFL as a defensive coach,   IMO.

We had a guy who all he could talk about was being defensive assistant coach and that didn't turn out well. Plus, Schiano has mentioned his time with the Bears numerous times, people just don't want to hear it.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 20, 2012, 10:02:21 PM

Good point, agree.

We had a guy who all he could talk about was being defensive assistant coach and that didn't turn out well. Plus, Schiano has mentioned his time with the Bears numerous times, people just don't want to hear it.

I would think the NFL experience is more valuable in the credibility war.

If it was just Rutgers only, that makes him look like more of a greenhorn IMO.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 20, 2012, 10:04:55 PM

Good point, agree.

I would think the NFL experience is more valuable in the credibility war.

If it was just Rutgers only, that makes him look like more of a greenhorn IMO.

Point is, not too many people would have thought we would be 1-1 at this point and actually playing competitively (although we have some major kinks to work out with finishing games). That's what Schiano brought from Rutgers and I think he needs to reiterate it or the players will revert to last year.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 20, 2012, 10:12:08 PM

Point is, not too many people would have thought we would be 1-1 at this point and actually playing competitively (although we have some major kinks to work out with finishing games). That's what Schiano brought from Rutgers and I think he needs to reiterate it or the players will revert to last year.

good point.  schiano was brought from Rutgers to do exactly what he is doing.  change the culture from a losing team to a competitive team.  our fans just want to complain about something.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 20, 2012, 10:24:47 PM

I met a girl named Rutgeria at a club in Dallas. Unbelievable(and unforgettable) ass.

Memory is definitely in the "spank-bank".

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#27 : September 20, 2012, 10:26:21 PM

Rutgeria has to be one of the worst names I've ever heard.   

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#28 : September 21, 2012, 09:48:44 AM

To me the artical is pointless.  Who cares!  Make sound coaching decisions, game plan well, keep 'em motivated and win games that's all I care about.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 21, 2012, 09:59:23 AM

To me the artical is pointless.  Who cares!  Make sound coaching decisions, game plan well, keep 'em motivated and win games that's all I care about.

Exactly , is anyone really going to give a flying F*ck that he references Rutgers if we go 10-6 this season ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One ugly word Schiano needs to stop using. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools