Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You guys got your wish - Olson is gone « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

: September 24, 2012, 01:46:25 AM

How do you like the offensive playcalling?

McCoy93

Starter

#1 : September 24, 2012, 01:50:11 AM

gabbert has looked decent this year

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 24, 2012, 01:51:16 AM

I never understood the hate for Olson.   In my opinion, he was one of the few good things about the Raheem years.   He was a downgrade from Gruden, but Olson was not the problem.   

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 24, 2012, 01:52:28 AM

I dont care what OC you bring in, you aren't going to be successful with an aggressive offense when you have a QB that only seems to have the mental capacity to process half the field.

That's the word on how teams prepare for the Bucs. Freeman only looks at half the field, so the defense moves the coverage over.

When good QBs do a 3 step drop, they go back and they throw or they get out of the pocket. They don't jitter around and wait for the defender to hit your blind side and knock the ball lose.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 24, 2012, 01:55:00 AM

I thought the world of Olson. Got clowned for it on this forum. That guy can flat out coach.

What he did with Freeman, a cast of receivers who had no experience and couldn't get vertical and a RB who offered nothing in the passing game is far superior to what we're seeing from the 70s Sullivan offense.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 24, 2012, 09:18:16 AM

Before the season, I said Sullivan is a downgrade from Olson and people went ballistic calling me a troll.   It's pretty obvious that Olson is better than Sullivan.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 24, 2012, 09:26:05 AM

Give Sullivan a little bit of time.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 24, 2012, 09:26:28 AM

I think when you are making a head coaching change, you have to move in a different direction with the coordinators/positional coaches as well. With the way the team played last year, the amount of turnovers and lack of execution, promoting in-house was not an option either.

It's water under the bridge at this point.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 24, 2012, 09:56:03 AM

You guys act like Olson was successful.  As a coordinator, the dude flopped literally everywhere.  He almost ruined several careers, never led an offense better than 24th, and outside of Tampa, was fired immediately after one season calling plays.  Sullivan's failures insinuate nothing about Olson.  They both suck... Ollie's just been at it for a lot longer.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#9 : September 24, 2012, 09:59:19 AM

Yes, bring back Raheem after first drive, let Schianos crew do the preparation for the game.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 24, 2012, 09:59:33 AM

Olson suuuuucks.

It helps when you have MJD still tearing it up.

indiana76buc

Second String

#11 : September 24, 2012, 10:06:15 AM

right now our offense looks like mike shula 2.0 and if freeman really cant scan thru his progressions and use the whole field then we need to move on at seasons end hes been given a fair chance and as many if not more weapons than any other bucs qb ever has

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 24, 2012, 10:10:25 AM

Yes, bring back Raheem after first drive, let Schianos crew do the preparation for the game.
LOL I've thought about this as well.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 24, 2012, 10:13:01 AM

I think we need the preparation that we have, but we need to take our underwear off and put our faces on people after the first drive.

I think that is basically what I just read somewhere.

aarex

Rookie

#14 : September 24, 2012, 10:25:35 AM

I am not even sure this is all on sullivan, Theres no way running the ball on every first down up the gut wasn't Schiano's call
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You guys got your wish - Olson is gone « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools