Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You guys got your wish - Olson is gone « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsWin31

Starter

#15 : September 24, 2012, 10:49:08 AM

I think its kinda crazy that I've never heard an announcer say "as you can see, Josh Freeman froze the safety by looking one way and throwing the other". I think we were too quick to anoint him as our franchise qb when he hasn't done much of anything worth praising. I've threw away the 2010 season, forget all that...what have you done for me lately???? Absolutely nothin...and I wish he would cut that stupid mohawk off

bashear

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 24, 2012, 11:56:16 AM

A big week is in store for the Brothers Troll.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 24, 2012, 12:49:46 PM

Olson was awful. Dude ran the same reverse every game to Benn and it always failed.

Sully had an awful game with the playcalling yesterday, but I think he'll be better as the season gets on.

apkbuc

Practice Squad

#18 : September 24, 2012, 01:04:23 PM

I think you guys are discounting how long it takes to install a new offense at the NFL level.  One off season is not enough.  Even Gruden didn't have his system installed and being run at an NFL level here until VERY late in the season (just in time really).

The ONLY offensive coordinator I can remember EVER having instant success in tampa was Les Steckel, and that was a fluke (born out in the playoffs obviously).  Though to his credit, the leads he gave our defense led to Sapp's best statistical season.

Personally, I miss Gruden's plays.  I think a lot of Olsens success came from the leftover Gruden material (and the continuity it gave).  But it's much too soon to judge Sullivan's offense.

Patience and continuity are how you create successful offense in the NFL.  This isn't a 1-year solution.  Really the offense needs about 1000 snaps together in live game situations just to get the protection schemes and cohesion going on the offensive line.  Also, Sullivan's offense calls for a lot of option routes where the receivers react to the coverage; and this requires Freeman to read the defense and know how his receivers will be reacting.  OBVIOUSLY that is going to take time.  Remember Eli's first season or two?  It took him time, and he's a freaking MANNING.  Patience guys.

We're moving in the right direction, I'm quite happy with the progress the team has shown.  I WOULD like to see us stop playing so much man coverage; we have great personnel to run the old Tampa-2, we are fast enough at linebacker to do some great stuff (dropping the linebacker down the deep middle to morph our cover-2 look into a cover-3, which requires completely different route concepts to "bust").  I'd love to have us get back to having a pre-snap look that literally can be 4 coverages but looks the same pre-snap (we got so many turnovers off offenses running "cover-2 buster" routes into our cover-3 look with Q dropping into the deep middle).

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 31, 2012, 02:52:51 PM

How do you like the offensive playcalling?

Francise records were set in passing yardage with 4,065 yards, passing TD's with 27, and total points scored by the offense.  Also, Vincent Jackson had the second best season by a Buc WR and Doug Martin had the second best season by a Buc RB.

lolz @ those pining for Greg frickin' Olson.

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#20 : December 31, 2012, 02:54:35 PM

Franchise record for total points too, I believe. If not, it was very close.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 31, 2012, 02:57:51 PM

Hahaha Java.. Greg Olson, FOOL!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 31, 2012, 03:10:48 PM

Yes, over the 2000 Bucs, 389 points. Next year will be even better.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 31, 2012, 03:13:29 PM

Yes, over the 2000 Bucs, 389 points. Next year will be even better.

I think it will be as well.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#24 : December 31, 2012, 03:52:56 PM

7-9 losing record

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You guys got your wish - Olson is gone « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools