Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Draft Needs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#180 : October 09, 2012, 10:47:22 AM

A guy who could be just what the doctor ordered for the Bucs would be Tavon Austin. Will be interesting to see how high he goes. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get into the late 1st.

I would love to have him....if we had a QB that could get the ball to a third option...

With Freeman...Tavon Austin=waste.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#181 : October 09, 2012, 02:31:56 PM

we dont need any more wide receivers for gods sake

wyla86

Second String

#182 : October 09, 2012, 07:42:18 PM

Personally I think DL, FS, TE are holes we need to fill next year. Barber will be entering his 17th year and personally I think Amhad Black isn't the answer Eric Reid would be awesome fill for that position. But depending where we pick I think will make the picture clearer. As of now I say Reid from LSU! The DL or TE in the next 2 rounds

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#183 : October 09, 2012, 08:21:11 PM

Personally I think DL, FS, TE are holes we need to fill next year. Barber will be entering his 17th year and personally I think Amhad Black isn't the answer Eric Reid would be awesome fill for that position. But depending where we pick I think will make the picture clearer. As of now I say Reid from LSU! The DL or TE in the next 2 rounds

i think we are going to pick too high to take reid. Reid is a late first rounder.

1. johnathan hankins DT OSU
2. Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
3. Cornelius Carradine DE FSU
4. Levine Toilolo TE Stanford

Fills needs on defense and gets us a TE with a ton of upside

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#184 : October 09, 2012, 09:34:36 PM

Dom has drafted pretty well overall, i dont know why everyone craps on him so much. he takes the correct players, but its up to the coaches to get the players to perform

Price busted out here and its Dom's fault because Price couldnt get himself together mentally and then got hurt. its not like Dom took a bat and beat him and then messed with his head.

freeman hasnt performed great on the field and its Dom's fault. people were blaming Dom for Mccoy getting hurt, even though he never got hurt at Oklahoma.

the GM is responsible for getting players in the building. his responsibility ends when they walk on the field. i dont know how fans cant understand that. coaches take over once a player hits the field

The best player we have right now from the 09 draft: Roy Miller
Traded our 2nd to get a sh*tty QB..so that was a waste of both our 1st and 2nd rounders.
The rest of 2009...meh

The best player from 2010 draft: GMC.
Price supposedly had a history of injury..but I don't hold that against Dom...it was a risk/reward sitch.
Traded up to get Benn in the 2nd....just plain bad.
Good find in Mike Williams in the 4th
Watson/Grimm/Lorig in the 7th...not terrible.

The best player from 2011 draft: Mason Foster/Clayborn
Both look to be good picks.
Bowers was another risk/reward situation...can't fault him for that
Stocker trade seems terrible right now.
Ahmad Black pick in the 5th was decent.

Even though he has gotten a little better each year...the 09 and '10 drafts just weren't very good.

Grade - C minus

No we traded a 2nd for Winslow. We traded a 1st and 6th for Freeman.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#185 : October 09, 2012, 10:41:23 PM

Dom has drafted pretty well overall, i dont know why everyone craps on him so much. he takes the correct players, but its up to the coaches to get the players to perform

Price busted out here and its Dom's fault because Price couldnt get himself together mentally and then got hurt. its not like Dom took a bat and beat him and then messed with his head.

freeman hasnt performed great on the field and its Dom's fault. people were blaming Dom for Mccoy getting hurt, even though he never got hurt at Oklahoma.

the GM is responsible for getting players in the building. his responsibility ends when they walk on the field. i dont know how fans cant understand that. coaches take over once a player hits the field

The best player we have right now from the 09 draft: Roy Miller
Traded our 2nd to get a sh*tty QB..so that was a waste of both our 1st and 2nd rounders.
The rest of 2009...meh

The best player from 2010 draft: GMC.
Price supposedly had a history of injury..but I don't hold that against Dom...it was a risk/reward sitch.
Traded up to get Benn in the 2nd....just plain bad.
Good find in Mike Williams in the 4th
Watson/Grimm/Lorig in the 7th...not terrible.

The best player from 2011 draft: Mason Foster/Clayborn
Both look to be good picks.
Bowers was another risk/reward situation...can't fault him for that
Stocker trade seems terrible right now.
Ahmad Black pick in the 5th was decent.

Even though he has gotten a little better each year...the 09 and '10 drafts just weren't very good.

Grade - C minus

No we traded a 2nd for Winslow. We traded a 1st and 6th for Freeman.

Good call, my bad.

McCoy93

Starter

#186 : October 10, 2012, 12:04:37 AM

we need secondary players and linebacker

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#187 : October 10, 2012, 07:55:55 AM

We need OT, OG, TE, DL, and DB. Plenty of needs.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#188 : October 10, 2012, 08:00:44 AM

LB is now a strength of this team , IMO.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#189 : October 10, 2012, 08:35:29 AM

the only way we should take a linebacker before the 6th round is if Manti Teo is there and there isnt a DL or CB that we value on the board.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#190 : October 10, 2012, 09:17:48 AM

you want QB yo get another contract extension?  Might need another LB but you can find those guys in say the 3rd round.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#191 : October 10, 2012, 09:24:38 AM

2013 draft needs should focus purely on oline and dline starters/depth. If we cant' run effectively. it negates Schiano's philosophy. No QB pressure, DB's aare exposed(NY Giants game). 2014 you can go TE/CB/LB depth but nothing is more important than the trenches IMHO.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

acacius

Hall of Famer

#192 : October 10, 2012, 10:12:07 AM

you want QB yo get another contract extension?  Might need another LB but you can find those guys in say the 3rd round.
Or better yet, free agency.  I don't think the team would have to break the bank to add a serviceable replacement for Black.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#193 : October 10, 2012, 10:13:08 AM

2013 draft needs should focus purely on oline and dline starters/depth. If we cant' run effectively. it negates Schiano's philosophy. No QB pressure, DB's aare exposed(NY Giants game). 2014 you can go TE/CB/LB depth but nothing is more important than the trenches IMHO.

I agree with that. What is the answer at QB though? Do you continue to try and make this team like the Texans, 9ers, Ravens and just hope that Freeman can at least play up to half of what the 3 QBs of those teams play..? We need DL help for sure, and the OL has been bad in run blocking.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#194 : October 10, 2012, 10:18:05 AM

Hayward and Watson are good depth at linebacker. Either could permantly take Black's job with no drop off. Besides, the 3rd linebacker isn't on the field enough to be a big concern. We could use a FA or mid round linebacker for better depth, but it's not a big need.

Page: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Draft Needs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools