Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Draft Needs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#210 : October 10, 2012, 06:06:52 PM

I think Freeman would have to be even worse than he has been thru the first four games for Schiano to replace him next season. I don't believe a below average season will be the end of Freeman in Tampa. I think it would take a historically awful season for Schiano to move on. He's under contract next year, Schiano and Sullivan believe in him (why else would they come here?) so it would take a lot for him to not get a second season with this regime.

Not saying I agree or disagree, just saying what I think the reality is.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#211 : October 10, 2012, 06:11:26 PM

I think Freeman would have to be even worse than he has been thru the first four games for Schiano to replace him next season. I don't believe a below average season will be the end of Freeman in Tampa. I think it would take a historically awful season for Schiano to move on. He's under contract next year, Schiano and Sullivan believe in him (why else would they come here?) so it would take a lot for him to not get a second season with this regime.

Not saying I agree or disagree, just saying what I think the reality is.

Why else would they come here....promotion maybe. A work in progress QB doesn't exactly bring all the boys to the yard.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#212 : October 10, 2012, 06:24:31 PM

Obviously nothing will change your opinion Chace, but why would Schiano leave his gig as hero of Rutgers where he was loved and worshiped, to coach an NFL team if he didn't believe in the QB? He had reportedly turned down other offers to interview for an NFL head coach in the past, so why go for the Bucs job if he wasn't convinced a good QB was in place? Doesn't seem like something he or anyone else would do.

Maybe Sullivan would do it for the promotion, but I doubt it. Why leave a Super Bowl team and an elite QB that makes him look great, for a QB that sucks? I don't think he does it just for a promotion. IMO he doesn't leave his situation in New York unless it's for something he considers a great opportunity.

You don't have to agree with me, but I firmly believe Schiano and Sullivan have Freeman's back 100%, and I think it's going to take an epically bad season for them to change their minds before 2014 when his contract is up. A 20TD/20INT 3000 yard type season seems likely, and it won't be enough for them to move on imo.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#213 : October 10, 2012, 06:28:53 PM

Why? Because Freeman has the physical ability. They believe they can coach him into a good QB. This is  the fun part where we see if they can do so this season. Chace is what's known as a debbie downer. No one likes a debbie downer mmkay?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#214 : October 10, 2012, 06:50:11 PM

Yup, that's me. Criticism of our precious jewel Freeman either means you are a downer, a hater, negative...etc.

I don't disagree with you point Jdub that they will hang onto him through next year...I just think that would be unfortunate..and will keep us spinning our wheels.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#215 : October 10, 2012, 06:51:09 PM

Why? Because Freeman has the physical ability. They believe they can coach him into a good QB. This is  the fun part where we see if they can do so this season. Chace is what's known as a debbie downer. No one likes a debbie downer mmkay?

I'm not going to preach to anyone for being down on Freeman. I don't blame them. I was ready to give up on Freeman in the first half of the Redskins game. I actually left the stadium at half time and went home I was so disgusted....then he starts playing and looking good. So he's bought more time for me personally, but I'm nearing the end of my patience as well and I certainly don't blame anyone else that has given up on him. I just realize that a new QB means starting over and likely sets us back a few seasons....and that is if the next QB ends up being a Franchise QB. He could be a bust and then we have just started the endless carousel of bad quarterbacks again. Plus I really don't like this year's QB class (except EJ Manuel) so all I can do is cross my fingers and hope Freeman snaps out of it and gets back to playing like I know he can.

Last year was awful though and he really needed to come out looking sharp this preseason/season.....and he hasn't. He's looked pretty awful so who can blame the "debbie downers"? I don't.
: October 10, 2012, 06:53:29 PM JDouble

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#216 : October 10, 2012, 06:53:31 PM

I'm not going to preach to anyone for being down on Freeman. I don't blame them. I was ready to give up on Freeman in the first half of the Redskins game. I actually left the stadium at half time and went home I was so disgusted....

Were you disgusted at Freeman , or because Frodo Martin couldn't cross the line of scrimmage ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#217 : October 10, 2012, 06:55:45 PM

Doloris, this morning you suggested we call it quits and tank the season after four games.....you don't get to comment on anything. Adults are talking, go play.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#218 : October 10, 2012, 06:57:21 PM

Doloris, this morning you suggested we call it quits and tank the season after four games.....you don't get to comment on anything. Adults are talking, go play.

Says the guy who quit and went home at halftime.

LOL , loser.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#219 : October 10, 2012, 07:00:34 PM

I didn't quit anything. I went home. Did you go to the game Doloris? Of course not. Your allowance isn't big enough to buy a ticket.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#220 : October 10, 2012, 07:25:12 PM

I was at the Carolina game and I will be at the Saints game in 2 weeks. I go to 3 or 4 games a year but I do not have season tickets at the moment .

...and I never leave at halftime. You call yourself a fan ?

My comment that we might as well quit the season and go for Geno Smith if we don't even beat a Brady Quinn-lead Chiefs team was mostly a joke. You've been proven to be a quitter for real.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#221 : October 10, 2012, 08:41:50 PM

Only thing I quit is this conversation.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#222 : October 10, 2012, 08:52:29 PM

Says the guy who quit and went home at halftime.

LOL , loser.

I left the Bucs/Boys game last year in the 3rd qtr. If the quality of the product sucks then it's well within the customers right to bounce. Same as walking out of the movie or concert...etc.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#223 : October 10, 2012, 10:27:37 PM

Obviously nothing will change your opinion Chace, but why would Schiano leave his gig as hero of Rutgers where he was loved and worshiped, to coach an NFL team if he didn't believe in the QB? He had reportedly turned down other offers to interview for an NFL head coach in the past, so why go for the Bucs job if he wasn't convinced a good QB was in place? Doesn't seem like something he or anyone else would do.

Maybe Sullivan would do it for the promotion, but I doubt it. Why leave a Super Bowl team and an elite QB that makes him look great, for a QB that sucks? I don't think he does it just for a promotion. IMO he doesn't leave his situation in New York unless it's for something he considers a great opportunity.

You don't have to agree with me, but I firmly believe Schiano and Sullivan have Freeman's back 100%, and I think it's going to take an epically bad season for them to change their minds before 2014 when his contract is up. A 20TD/20INT 3000 yard type season seems likely, and it won't be enough for them to move on imo.

Damn Jdub, that's soooo depressing. But I get your position. For the record, I'm with Chace I really think we should replace Freeman if he has another sub-par year. Whether that happens is another story.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#224 : October 11, 2012, 07:36:39 AM

I left the Bucs/Boys game last year in the 3rd qtr. If the quality of the product sucks then it's well within the customers right to bounce. Same as walking out of the movie or concert...etc.

The Bucs/Boys game was a blowout and it was common knowledge that last year's Buc team was going to lay down if they fell behind.  We were leading in the final 2:00 minutes of the Redskin game , but Jdub had already gone home because he's a drama queen who can't handle adversity. Totally different.

Congrats on being a horrible fan , Jdouble !

Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Draft Needs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools