Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Draft Needs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#240 : October 11, 2012, 12:32:43 PM

CB, Defensive Line, and Offensive Line are the most serious needs for this team.

Jury is out on Freeman if he doesn't show me something by the end of this season, then I will be on the bandwagon of finding a new QB.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

McCoy93

Starter

#241 : October 11, 2012, 01:51:33 PM

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Matt Barkley. He is better then any of the usc QB products that have come out recently. He is a notch below carson palmer. The only question i have with him is can he make all the throws.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#242 : October 11, 2012, 03:25:13 PM

no thanks on barkley. USC qbs suck and we wont be picking 1st or 2nd anyway. we dont run a west coast offense either so hes not a fit

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#243 : October 11, 2012, 04:05:52 PM

ive gotten to the point where i enjoy watching other teams play more than i enjoy watching the bucs. i get pissed off a lot less. ive been watching minnesota alot this year and throroughly enjoy it

I'm really looking forward to the Minnesota game. I'm pretty confident about the Chiefs game, and not quite as confident about the Saints game anymore but still think we have a good chance to win. If we do beat both the Chiefs and Saints and get back to 500, the game in Minny is the one that makes or breaks our season.

im taking it one game at a time. we need to beat KC first. i shudder to think what happens if we cant beat a team with brady quinn at qb. there really isnt a make or break game in my opinion. we need to win a few and stay in all of our losses. i would like 6+ wins without any long streaks like last year. i just dont think we have the depth on this team to succeed and this draft will go a long way toward getting us back to form if we approach it properly. a top 10 pick wouldnt be neccessarily a bad thing for us this year because it allows us to get access to the really great players in the draft.

At this point I disagree on the top 10 pick. If this team is going to contend next year, it needs to start to learn to win this year and that means not being in the lower third of the league at the end of the season. We've done a good job bringing talent over the last few years and I think we likely have the most important positions on the field covered (if Freeman can get it together). We need depth, but we also need to win. I'm also not willing to completely write us off from contending for the playoffs this year.
: October 11, 2012, 04:07:35 PM BucsBay

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#244 : October 11, 2012, 04:25:13 PM

i dont see us being a contender unless we get the offense turned around in a major way and shor up our terrible pass defense. if we got 8-8 this year i will be absolutely thrilled. injuries are killing us along with no depth right now. it will be a miracle if we made the playoffs

im not content with being in the lower third of the league but thats where we are right now, just gotta deal with it and try and improve. i really just want to finish out higher than carolina

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#245 : October 11, 2012, 06:15:42 PM

Keep in mind we lost 3 talented 1st round talent trenches guys. Imagine how much better we'd be with those guys healthy.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#246 : October 11, 2012, 07:39:33 PM

Davin was 1st round talent...in 2008. In 2012, even of healthy...he is average.
Bowers was a 1st round talent before it was realized that a few pieces of duck tape and chicken wire are holding his knee together. He slipped for a reason....and he was nothing special when on the field.
Clayborn has a legit claim to "1st rd talent"
: October 11, 2012, 07:41:15 PM chace1986

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#247 : October 11, 2012, 08:09:02 PM

Very funny watching two quitters , who left  at half-time of a game the Bucs led in the 4th quarter , attempt to rationalize thier behavior to one another.

Congrats Jdub and Morgana. Two peas in a pod.  I bet Jdub even starts deleting his posts now.  :P

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#248 : October 12, 2012, 07:50:41 AM

Keep in mind we lost 3 talented 1st round talent trenches guys. Imagine how much better we'd be with those guys healthy.

better but thats football. the problem isnt that we lost those guys. its the fact that the guys behind them arent worth a damn. daniel teo nesheim and ted larsen are about 10 notches below the guys we lost to injury. what makes teams good is quality depth, which we currently lack. our 4th-6th round picks have got to start showing alot of value. every year there are guys with talent to go in the 2nd and 3rd round that fall to the 4th and 5th for whatever reason. we need to find players like that and hold onto them. right now it seems like were living on 7th rounders as our first guys off the bench. that doesnt cut it

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#249 : October 12, 2012, 07:58:17 AM

I and many others said it long before the season started. We are not a play off team because lack the depth to do it. That's why all you can really hope for is 8 or 9 wins and a solid year to build off of.

Still wish we had found a way to draft some late round gems like Brandon Boykin, Josh Chapman, Zebrie Sanders, or Senio Kelemete.....instead of using those picks on Goode and Tandy. Would have gone a long way in providing good depth instead of just wasting those picks on two guys that will likely never do anything on any team in the NFL.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#250 : October 12, 2012, 08:00:43 AM

yeah the goode and tandy picks made no sense to me at all. 2 completely meh picks

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#251 : October 13, 2012, 03:48:14 PM

welp the talib suspension settles it.

1st round corner. millinier or rhodes it is

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#252 : October 13, 2012, 04:39:30 PM

Don't think it changes anything. I really doubt we were ever going to resign him to a big contract.

Buck N Up

Starter

#253 : October 13, 2012, 05:14:16 PM

Xavier Rhodes. dude has all the tools you want in a CB.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#254 : October 13, 2012, 07:13:29 PM

Jordan Poyer interception for TD to seal the game. Want him in the 2nd.

Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Draft Needs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools