Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What a crappy time for a bye week... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 03, 2012, 09:35:27 AM

I do think this is a bad week for a bye week generally. Ideally, you'd like a bye week later or at least middle of the season. You get that week off to rest and balance the season, recover from injuries in case you have a long stretch including the playoffs.

For us specifically, losing 3 straight games, we definitely need a week off to get back on track.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : October 03, 2012, 09:37:01 AM

Doesn't matter for this team who is still trying to figure out  basic fundamentals - so many off-side penalties and illegal motion penalties -  gotta crawl before you can walk/run.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 03, 2012, 09:45:36 AM

For us specifically, losing 3 straight games, we definitely need a week off to get back on track.

agree...allows the new regime to regroup after losing 3 of 4 to start the season

meekerbeastman

Second String

#18 : October 03, 2012, 09:50:37 AM

Agreed.

Every year I think "They will make some adjustments over the bye"

Past 3-4 years, not even close.

last year they did, Freeman adjusted his hand sideways with a glock and broke his thumb

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 03, 2012, 09:52:32 AM

reading.....javas.....thread.....

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 03, 2012, 09:54:35 AM

Agreed.

Every year I think "They will make some adjustments over the bye"

Past 3-4 years, not even close.

last year they did, Freeman adjusted his hand sideways with a glock and broke his thumb

Schiano needs to law down the law.   No guns during the season.

meekerbeastman

Second String

#21 : October 03, 2012, 09:57:17 AM

nah its ok now, talib has shown Free how to pop caps properly

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 03, 2012, 09:58:26 AM

Generally speaking, I like the bye in Week 8. But we don't make the schedule so no use complaining about it. As for injuries, you never know when the big ones will hit  ... or if they will. IMHO a greater concern has been the timing of the trading deadline and the willingness of our GM to do something about it.

In Verner We Trust

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 03, 2012, 09:59:53 AM

Still taking bets on who gets arrested first during the bye week:

LBG
Mike Williams
Ahmad Black
Mason Foster
Jeremy Trueblood
Aqib Talib

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 03, 2012, 10:22:19 AM

For a young team with a first-year HC, couldn't be better, IMO. Time to take stock of what we have,  and make changes deemed necessary that we can. Injuries to Clayborn, Bowers and Joseph have set us back some, but every team has injuries.
    If Bowers really can come back this season, that's a major consideration as to bring in another DE, or not... I'm guessing the staff is happy with Teo and Johnson since they let the vet Charleston go. I do like the TE they added; edge blocking is crucial to the run game when your T's are average run blockers...

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 03, 2012, 11:03:51 AM

I'm discouraged so far about this team, but I keep telling myself Dungy's first year started 0-6 (I think), so there's hope for Schiano and his bad start.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 03, 2012, 11:07:59 AM

LOL!   So Dungy lost his first 6 and now that's the bar that's been set for every coach after him....

The same was said about Raheem's first year.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 03, 2012, 11:12:49 AM

LOL!   So Dungy lost his first 6 and now that's the bar that's been set for every coach after him....

The same was said about Raheem's first year.

A team that looks bad early in a new coaching staff's tenure may very well may become a playoff team.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 03, 2012, 11:24:52 AM

It was 0-5. Team was 7-9 the year before.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 03, 2012, 11:37:38 AM

I disagree. While it is a good point that there are no injuries...this team has to get some things corrected. The defensive scheme needs to be tweaked. Don't send a "suicide blitz" every other play.

As far as the passing game heating up....When is the last time Freeman was able to carry any sort of momentum into the next game...let alone, the next half? It is a stretch to hope that he puts together 3 or 4 qtrs of good play in a game...and he is definitely not capable of doing a repeat performance of said game.

Can't wait to have a permanent "bye" from #5.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What a crappy time for a bye week... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools