Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Overweight news anchor responds to man who called her fat « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« : October 04, 2012, 05:16:09 AM »

Jennifer Livingston, a local news anchor in La Crosse, Wisconsin, responded to a viewer's outrageous attack on her appearance on Tuesday morning.

Livingston recently received an email from a male viewer criticizing her weight. Her husband and fellow news anchor Mike Thompson posted the text to the Facebook page for "WKBT News 8 This Morning."

"I was surprised indeed to witness that your physical condition hasn’t improved for many years," wrote the viewer, who said Livingston was not a "suitable example" for young girls. "I leave you this note hoping that you’ll reconsider your responsibility as a local public personality to present and promote a healthy lifestyle."

Livingston addressed her bully on-air Tuesday, prefacing her message by saying that she has received words of support from "hundreds" of people and that the response has been "truly inspiring."

“The truth is, I am overweight," she said. "But to the person who wrote me that letter, do you think I don’t know that? That your cruel words are pointing out something that I don’t see? You don't know me... so you know nothing about me but what you see on the outside and I am much more than a number on a scale."

Livingston continued, "That man’s words mean nothing to me, but really angers me about this is is there are children who don’t know better — who get emails as critical as the one I received or in many cases, even worse, each and every day."

She said that bullying scared her as the mother of three daughters. "If you are at home and you are talking about the fat newslady, guess what?" she said. "Your children are probably going to go to school and call someone fat."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/02/jennifer-livingston-anchor-obesity-letter_n_1932869.html

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #1 : October 04, 2012, 05:35:55 AM »

fatass

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #2 : October 04, 2012, 09:55:51 AM »

The guy didnt come off as a bully but she seems to be the one with a guilty conscious. Sonething tells me she drastically loses weight within the next yr.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #3 : October 04, 2012, 10:58:15 AM »

Obesity is an epidemic in our country. We can't push ourselves away from the dinner table and we love our fast food. Our health care system is being overwhelmed w/ these fat, obese slobs - and we're all paying for it.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #4 : October 04, 2012, 12:00:41 PM »

Our health care system is being overwhelmed w/ these fat, obese slobs
link?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #5 : October 04, 2012, 12:08:35 PM »

link?
(Please learn how to use the internet to your benefit rather than asking others to do something even a 7-yr old knows how to do).

"We Americans are a very overweight and unhealthy nation and as a nation we spend $2.6 trillion on healthcare (annually). Those costs are the primary driver of our nations' debt," said Glickman, adding that the current level of healthcare spending will "bankrupt our country."

http://www.healthcarefinancenews.com/news/obesity-epidemic-threatens-bankrupt-nation

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #6 : October 04, 2012, 12:11:23 PM »

link?
(Please learn how to use the internet to your benefit rather than asking others to do something even a 7-yr old knows how to do).

"We Americans are a very overweight and unhealthy nation and as a nation we spend $2.6 trillion on healthcare (annually). Those costs are the primary driver of our nations' debt," said Glickman, adding that the current level of healthcare spending will "bankrupt our country."

http://www.healthcarefinancenews.com/news/obesity-epidemic-threatens-bankrupt-nation
your link needs a link

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #7 : October 04, 2012, 12:18:28 PM »

link?

your link needs a link

Again, please learn to use the internet.

Obesity imposes an increasing burden on the health care system, and that burden grows disproportionately large for the most obese segment of the U.S. population. Because the prevalence of severe obesity is increasing much faster than that of moderate obesity, average estimates of obesity effects obscure real consequences for individuals, physician practices, hospitals, and health plans. Obesity Research (2004) 12, 1936–1943; doi: 10.1038/oby.2004.243

http://www.nature.com/oby/index.html

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #8 : October 04, 2012, 12:26:19 PM »

link?

your link needs a link

Again, please learn to use the internet.

Obesity imposes an increasing burden on the health care system, and that burden grows disproportionately large for the most obese segment of the U.S. population. Because the prevalence of severe obesity is increasing much faster than that of moderate obesity, average estimates of obesity effects obscure real consequences for individuals, physician practices, hospitals, and health plans. Obesity Research (2004) 12, 1936–1943; doi: 10.1038/oby.2004.243

http://www.nature.com/oby/index.html
hey I'm not the one claiming our health care system is being overwhelmed by fat ppl so no, I wont go fishing for reports that back up your paranoia

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #9 : October 04, 2012, 12:29:19 PM »

link?

Please don't ask for a link unless you're genuinely interested in the topic-
obviously you're not.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

« #10 : October 04, 2012, 12:32:59 PM »

She's a gut burger, 5lb. french frie tub of lard.......might be a drunk mans weekend finale..........you know I've been there.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #11 : October 04, 2012, 12:36:42 PM »

You've been a drunk man's weekend finale? That's messed up.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #12 : October 04, 2012, 12:47:06 PM »

link?

Please don't ask for a link unless you're genuinely interested in the topic-
obviously you're not.
looks like a white flag to me. I promise not disturb yalls morning cup o joe again.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

« #13 : October 04, 2012, 12:48:50 PM »

You've been a drunk man's weekend finale? That's messed up.

Ha, no my brother, I thought they were talking about........

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #14 : October 04, 2012, 12:52:04 PM »

It was a private email that she made public..it wasn't a facebook or twitter posting sent out to bully or berate her in front of people. To get so offended over a personal opinion sent via email....and then use air time to address it....

...wah, wah, wah.

...and the fact that they parade that as "bullying"...lol. Not even close.
« : October 04, 2012, 12:58:09 PM chace1986 »

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Overweight news anchor responds to man who called her fat « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools