Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GM/Chevy is a joke « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 11, 2012, 04:55:08 PM

Interesting. I've always have very little trust for auto mechanics at these places.

A quality and honest mechanic is priceless in today's world. It's a shame. You wonder how often people get ripped off.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 11, 2012, 06:31:32 PM

I'm not sure that they'll just flat out rip you off by and large  (yes it does happen) but I think you see a lot of "pessimism" in their evaluations. A part that will wear out after 50,000 miles might be recommended for a change at 42,000 that sort of stuff that basically turns into a form of upsell on services on the date of service.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 13, 2012, 02:22:28 AM

I'm not sure that they'll just flat out rip you off by and large  (yes it does happen) but I think you see a lot of "pessimism" in their evaluations. A part that will wear out after 50,000 miles might be recommended for a change at 42,000 that sort of stuff that basically turns into a form of upsell on services on the date of service.

Along those lines, a lot of the things that are "recommended" to be done periodically won't have any impact during the time before the owner trades out of their current vehicle, so they are, to that person, a wasted cost in the eyes of that owner.  Of course, this is basically the tragedy of the commons, but still a valid choice by the owner and source of frustration.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GM/Chevy is a joke « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools