Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs have tallest starting right side in NFL history « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : October 13, 2012, 12:46:29 AM »

Stephen Holder‏@HolderStephen

RT @ajcrisp21: and with that, #bucs have tallest starting right side in #NFL history w/trueblood (6'eight) & Dotson (6'9)

OCTOBER 12, 2012

Veteran Jeremy Trueblood gets the nod, will move to right guard

After more than a week of contemplation, we’ve learned the Bucs have officially decided it’ll be Jeremy Trueblood lining up at right guard this weekend against the Chiefs.

Trueblood, the team’s longtime starter at right tackle before his benching earlier this season, will take over for Ted Larsen after the team settled on that option during the past two days of practice.

Coach Greg Schiano would not confirm any decision when asked earlier today, but he was clear that a decision had been made.

“Wednesday was kind of the last day of messing around,” he said.

Regarding the choice to not reveal his selection, Schiano said, “I think we have some options. I don’t think anybody’s changing their game plan over our right guard, but there are two guys who are (potentially) going to play at right guard, so (the Chiefs) can study both of them instead of one.”

Trueblood, on the surface, seems a less-than-ideal choice given his 6-8 frame and slender build. But Schiano is convinced Trueblood’s physical play makes him capable of making the transition from tackle to guard.

The Bucs also considered tackle Jamon Meredith and gave him snaps this week at guard, too.

Posted by Stephen Holder at 5:36:36 pm on October 12, 2012

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #1 : October 13, 2012, 12:52:03 AM »

And the tallest QB.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #2 : October 13, 2012, 09:55:50 AM »

I'll defer to Mr. Holder on that one ;D.
    I think there have been 6'9" T's before, but can't offhand think of one. Bryant McKinnie is listed as 6'8". Can't think of a starting G who was even 6'7"... Should be interesting...

BucFanHudson31

Starter

« #3 : October 13, 2012, 09:59:44 AM »

Freaking Disaster...Trueblood plays High..I just can't understand why anyone would think this is going to work..Larsen sucks but atleast he plays low..lol Trueblood is going to get slammed into FreeTurd all day long..

There's going to be a Lynch Mob  at one Buc come Monday...

Pathetic.

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #4 : October 13, 2012, 10:19:52 AM »

I'm very intrigued to see how Trueblood plays at OG.  I don't think there will be any middle ground.  He'll either play very well or it will be a disaster.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #5 : October 13, 2012, 10:31:10 AM »

I'm very intrigued to see how Trueblood plays at OG.  I don't think there will be any middle ground.  He'll either play very well or it will be a disaster.

The middle ground will be that he should rather easily control the DT's on pass blocking and should get no push run blocking. Again, he catches a break with a 34 because the DE's he faces in KC are a bit taller than the usual 43 DT's he'd see other times.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Theoldbuc

Starter

« #6 : October 13, 2012, 10:44:35 AM »

From what I have seen of Trueblood, I think he has the mentality to be effective at guard. It will interesting to see how it goes Sunday.

Go Bucs,
Go True!

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #7 : October 13, 2012, 10:44:56 AM »

And the tallest QB.
How can you continue to boast about your so called knowledge about football and the NFL when you obviously know so little. Freeman isn't the tallest quarterback in the NFL now let alone in history.

buchead

Hall of Famer

« #8 : October 13, 2012, 11:01:00 AM »

Freaking Disaster...Trueblood plays High..I just can't understand why anyone would think this is going to work..Larsen sucks but atleast he plays low..lol Trueblood is going to get slammed into FreeTurd all day long..

There's going to be a Lynch Mob  at one Buc come Monday...

Pathetic.
It could very well be a disaster, but let me school you a bit on o line play. Its generally tackles that have a problem staying low because A.) they have to keep up with the speed of edge rushers. B.) They have more ground to cover. You can almost imagine why some tackle pop up out of the crouched position. Its mainly to deal with the speed and space. However at guard, the opposition is slower and there is less space for the dt to work with. Now that being said, I'm not saying true will stay low the entire game, I'm just pointing out why he should be able to stay low more consistently.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #9 : October 13, 2012, 01:04:22 PM »

Larsen stays low and he sucks ass.... I think there's more to it than that....

He will definitely help in the run game . Blitz pickups is what concerns me . He will have different responsibilities at guard  , is he going to pick-up the right guy , or leave someone to run free at the QB ?
« : October 13, 2012, 01:08:23 PM Fire Mark Dummynik »

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

buchead

Hall of Famer

« #10 : October 13, 2012, 01:15:14 PM »

He will definitely help in the run game . Blitz pickups is what concerns me . He will have different responsibilities at guard  , is he going to pick-up the right guy , or leave someone to run free at the QB ?
Look on the bright side dolo, at least it will be a slower DT or a smaller linebacker coming right in Freemans face, instead of a big strong fast defensive end coming around the edge...... Being a bucs fan often makes you reach for the positives.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #11 : October 13, 2012, 01:40:45 PM »

Look on the bright side dolo, at least it will be a slower DT or a smaller linebacker coming right in Freemans face, instead of a big strong fast defensive end coming around the edge...... Being a bucs fan often makes you reach for the positives.

LOL very true.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #12 : October 13, 2012, 01:43:25 PM »

The middle ground will be that he should rather easily control the DT's on pass blocking and should get no push run blocking. Again, he catches a break with a 34 because the DE's he faces in KC are a bit taller than the usual 43 DT's he'd see other times.

IIRC he'll be facing a backup as well

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #13 : October 13, 2012, 02:18:37 PM »

Until its been done before, we don't know that. Trueblood might actually generate some push in the run game.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs have tallest starting right side in NFL history « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools