Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib suspended FOUR games... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer

#135 : October 14, 2012, 11:13:06 AM

You can't get high from Aderalll that is just idiotic if anyone thinks that... If you think you get high from it then you have never been high before and therefore shouldn't act like you are knowledgeable on that subject.

As one who's never gotten high, i have a question. What does the snorting of cocaine do and why do articles i've read say people snort Adderall for its cocaine-line effects?

I can't speak on that because the hardest drug I have used is weed. I have never taken any kind of pills or anything like that. Only have used weed and drank alcohol. As for cocaine I do not know. I have seen a documentary before about people taking aderall and it really doesn't do anything besides help you focus. If you take too much though you can die from a heart attack because it does increase your heart rate. As for it getting high they never said anything about that on the documentary. Basically gives you focused energy.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#136 : October 14, 2012, 11:15:17 AM

Cocaine makes you feel like Joe Camel

This guy...

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#137 : October 14, 2012, 11:20:24 AM

Talib's suspension is for violating the "Steroid Policy" which bans amphetamines other than for prescribed use. In other words it is looked upon as a performance enhancer rather than the "getting high" aspect of recreational use which is under a separate policy with separate punishments.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#138 : October 14, 2012, 12:13:33 PM

How has this gone 10 pages?
It's Talib, he is who he is, nobody should be questioning why and how long he's suspended for.

My biggest issue with this is the timing.
He takes whatever it was in Training Camp and only now is the suspension handed down, the Saturday before a game, coming off the bye no less.
He gets the suspension handed down after the Washington game fine, the team could have had 2 weeks to work somebody else into the starting lineup or even this coming Monday so wee get a week but no we get a day. to do it.
I seem to remember his last suspension (may have been a Jackson suspension) was handed down last minute too rather than early in the week like most teams get.
I'm not saying it's a conspiracy but something doesn't sit right.

On a side note, after 190 minutes of NFL Gameday Morning on NFL "all 32 teams" Network there's no mention of the Bucs other than in passing as the team KC is facing, does Tampa not exist? I'm used to the lack of coverage but a starting corner gets a suspension on Saturday and the Sunday morning crew (including Sapp) can't fit in a mention of it during a 4 hour show (we know they won't cover it), just more Jets, Cowboys & Vick.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#139 : October 14, 2012, 12:17:37 PM

It's Talib, he is who he is, nobody should be questioning why and how long he's suspended for.

He takes whatever it was in Training Camp and only now is the suspension handed down, the Saturday before a game, coming off the bye no less.
He gets the suspension handed down after the Washington game fine, the team could have had 2 weeks to work somebody else into the starting lineup or even this coming Monday so wee get a week but no we get a day. to do it.
I seem to remember his last suspension (may have been a Jackson suspension) was handed down last minute too rather than early in the week like most teams get.

On a side note, after 190 minutes of NFL Gameday Morning on NFL "all 32 teams" Network there's no mention of the Bucs other than in passing as the team KC is facing, does Tampa not exist? I'm used to the lack of coverage but a starting corner gets a suspension on Saturday and the Sunday morning crew (including Sapp) can't fit in a mention of it during a 4 hour show (we know they won't cover it), just more Jets, Cowboys & Vick.

Anti-Buc conspiracy doesn't exist. When we do win, they overhype us.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#140 : October 15, 2012, 02:22:40 AM

You can't get high from Aderalll that is just idiotic if anyone thinks that... If you think you get high from it then you have never been high before and therefore shouldn't act like you are knowledgeable on that subject.

As one who's never gotten high, i have a question. What does the snorting of cocaine do and why do articles i've read say people snort Adderall for its cocaine-line effects?

I can't speak on that because the hardest drug I have used is weed. I have never taken any kind of pills or anything like that. Only have used weed and drank alcohol. As for cocaine I do not know. I have seen a documentary before about people taking aderall and it really doesn't do anything besides help you focus. If you take too much though you can die from a heart attack because it does increase your heart rate. As for it getting high they never said anything about that on the documentary. Basically gives you focused energy.

Cocaine is like having 5 energy drinks all at once. Wherever the powder touches a membrane it numbs it. Tongue, nose, throat, mouth. Not your outside skin though. Cocaine would definitely be a performance enhancer in the NFL, until you die of a heart attack of course. Adderal would probably be safer for an athlete, but eh. Risk of death isn't worth the slight boost.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#141 : October 15, 2012, 09:03:16 AM

We're a 2-3 team. Every time the crowd is shown, it looks as if the staduim is only 50% full. If they feel no one is interested in hearing about an average Bucs team...then they won't cover them.

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib suspended FOUR games... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools