Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official! Josh Freeman best bucs QB EVER! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 31

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#375 : November 17, 2012, 08:33:14 AM

But he was good in 2010 at that weight.   Being awful last season had nothing to do with his weight.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#376 : November 17, 2012, 08:34:41 AM

If anything, he ran more and used his athletic ability when he was 20lbs heavier. That throws a wrench in the whole weight theory doesnt it?

Not really. He was awful last season.

Meh. I think the main contributor to his being awful last year was just a combo of bad playcalling, mediocre talent, and him trying to do too much. I don't think work ethic was ever an issue.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#377 : November 17, 2012, 09:58:52 AM

If anything, he ran more and used his athletic ability when he was 20lbs heavier. That throws a wrench in the whole weight theory doesnt it?

Not really. He was awful last season.

The entire organization was awful last season.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#378 : November 17, 2012, 12:34:01 PM

he(Freeman) was good in 2010.

He was decent, wasn't he?

;)

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#379 : November 19, 2012, 08:03:52 AM

TEBOW TIME? NAH, MORE LIKE FREEMAN TIME

It was clear to see early on that Freeman, and this whole offense for that matter, was not in sync. Game on the line, backs to the wall Joshua Freeman did what he's been doing since he got here. Put this team on his back and drive it down the field for a game winning/tying score. Then turns around and  drives it another 80 yards for the win in overtime. That was the performance of a winner. Furthering his case for best bucs QB ever! Congrats.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#380 : November 19, 2012, 08:17:52 AM

I love what #5 is doing but at yhis point I'd still take DeBerg.  If Freeman keeps this up I'll soon be converted.

Oracle

Starter

#381 : November 19, 2012, 09:46:57 AM

I like the vote for Deberg.   

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#382 : November 19, 2012, 10:08:45 AM

The weight loss is a head scratcher only because when he was over weight he was more mobile and athletic. Now that he has slimmed down and looks like Cam Newton....he hardly runs at all, and when he does he looks slow and uncoordinated. Weird. As long as he keeps playing well from the pocket, I guess it doesn't matter.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#383 : November 19, 2012, 10:10:44 AM

I wonder if that brace hinders his movement? I remember in the beginning of the season when we practiced with New England, the Patriots QBs wore braces to prevent a major blowout like the one that had occurred years prior with Brady. I can't imagine it would hamper his movement that bad though.

Freeman did have a big first down run, still looked a little slower than his rookie season though.

sandogbuc

Second String

#384 : November 19, 2012, 10:18:03 AM

To me the biggest difference between 2010 & 2012 Freeman is that he's making plays in the pocket. Yes, it's odd that he lost weight and runs less but elite QB's make plays in the pocket. Gimmick QB's (Vick, Young, Tebow, etc) make plays on the run. 2011 Freeman was a transition from gimmick QB to a true pocket passing QB.

That TD  throw he made to VJax was elite, I can count on one hand the number of QB's that could stand tall in the pocket and do what Freeman did on that play.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#385 : November 19, 2012, 10:34:39 AM

To me the biggest difference between 2010 & 2012 Freeman is that he's making plays in the pocket. Yes, it's odd that he lost weight and runs less but elite QB's make plays in the pocket. Gimmick QB's (Vick, Young, Tebow, etc) make plays on the run. 2011 Freeman was a transition from gimmick QB to a true pocket passing QB.

That TD  throw he made to VJax was elite, I can count on one hand the number of QB's that could stand tall in the pocket and do what Freeman did on that play.

The amount of balls it took to rifle that TD pass in there was elite. Freeman has an elite quantity of balls.

dbrooks55

Starter

#386 : November 19, 2012, 10:51:18 AM

Anyone ever think, that losing the weight makes him look slower cause with the weight it made him look fast? Now slimmed down at the same speed he looks slower.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#387 : November 19, 2012, 11:08:23 AM

Josh Freeman has now engineered 10 fourth quarter/OT comeback victories in just 50 NFL starts. https://blog.buccaneers.com

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#388 : November 19, 2012, 12:15:56 PM

Josh Freeman has now engineered 10 fourth quarter/OT comeback victories in just 50 NFL starts. https://blog.buccaneers.com

This team has 25 wins since he took over as QB. It's amazing when you think that almost half of our wins during that period are a direct result of Freeman putting this team on his back and getting it done. Very impressive.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#389 : November 19, 2012, 02:15:08 PM

The amount of balls it took to rifle that TD pass in there was elite. Freeman has an elite quantity of balls.

Nice, I see what you did there.  Props.
Page: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 31
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's official! Josh Freeman best bucs QB EVER! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools