Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012-2013 NBA thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#195 : July 03, 2013, 09:18:43 PM

Stevens and Rondo in one locker room? RIP Stevens. They gotta trade Rondo now.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#196 : July 03, 2013, 10:26:39 PM

One theory is, the Celtics hold Rondo out for half the season with that ACL injury. . Tank the whole season, get the #1 pick.   Get that rebuild going as quickly as possible.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#197 : July 04, 2013, 02:33:55 AM

One theory is, the Celtics hold Rondo out for half the season with that ACL injury. . Tank the whole season, get the #1 pick.   Get that rebuild going as quickly as possible.
Tanking screwed them last time sorta, they didn't end up getting the #1 pick but I suppose it worked out in the end for what they ended up getting.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#198 : July 04, 2013, 12:50:50 PM

Tanking screwed them last time sorta, they didn't end up getting the #1 pick but I suppose it worked out in the end for what they ended up getting.

The 2014 draft is loaded.  A lot better than the one we just had.

People have different opinions on how Rondo will cope. Some say it will never work.  Others say he will like being "the man".   It will be interesting to see what happens.  Hell, if they traded Rondo, they wouldn't have much of anything left.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#199 : July 04, 2013, 01:23:16 PM

The 2014 draft is loaded.  A lot better than the one we just had.

People have different opinions on how Rondo will cope. Some say it will never work.  Others say he will like being "the man".   It will be interesting to see what happens.  Hell, if they traded Rondo, they wouldn't have much of anything left.
Could've swore he said he didn't wanna be part of a rebuilding team.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#200 : July 04, 2013, 02:22:32 PM

thoughts about Dwight Howard - staying a Laker?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#201 : July 04, 2013, 03:43:38 PM

thoughts about Dwight Howard - staying a Laker?

I think he is out of there. A lot of Houston talk. 

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#202 : July 04, 2013, 08:29:36 PM

I don't see Howard going back to LA, that team is going to suck next year with or without him. No Kobe and no money for a bench at all. They really need to just hit the reset button, trade Pau and/or Nash and move on.
Howard is going to Golden State if they can clear cap.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#203 : July 04, 2013, 10:18:16 PM

I don't see Howard going back to LA, that team is going to suck next year with or without him. No Kobe and no money for a bench at all. They really need to just hit the reset button, trade Pau and/or Nash and move on.

The Lakers could make a run at LeBron a year from now.

As for Howard, he gets 30mil more in guaranteed money if he stays with the Lakers.  But as young as he is, that may not be a big deal. He can make it up later. If he was an older guy on his last contract, it would be different.  Every day, I hear another team that will chase him.  Houston, Brooklyn, I guess before its done, most every team will be rumored to be in the hunt.  Personally, I don't think he is worth that kind of scratch.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#204 : July 04, 2013, 10:35:46 PM

The Lakers could make a run at LeBron a year from now.

As for Howard, he gets 30mil more in guaranteed money if he stays with the Lakers.  But as young as he is, that may not be a big deal. He can make it up later. If he was an older guy on his last contract, it would be different.  Every day, I hear another team that will chase him.  Houston, Brooklyn, I guess before its done, most every team will be rumored to be in the hunt.  Personally, I don't think he is worth that kind of scratch.
I think Melo ends up in LA. They will have a ton of cap to sign more than 1 star player too.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#205 : July 04, 2013, 10:49:12 PM

This would be very very interesting

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#206 : July 05, 2013, 05:34:33 AM

This would be very very interesting
GW is the best chance for him to win (Yes better than Houston). They could give the Lakers a package of Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson. Bogut expiring and 1st rounder for Howard. Or if they can somehow find a suitor for Biedrins, Bogut or Jefferson they can just sign him outright.

Howard-Curry combo would be awesome.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#207 : July 05, 2013, 09:46:56 AM

GW is the best chance for him to win (Yes better than Houston). They could give the Lakers a package of Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson. Bogut expiring and 1st rounder for Howard. Or if they can somehow find a suitor for Biedrins, Bogut or Jefferson they can just sign him outright.

i agree.  i think they would need to keep thompson though...need the shooters outside.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#208 : July 05, 2013, 09:59:15 AM

i agree.  i think they would need to keep thompson though...need the shooters outside.
From what I read rumor wise, the Lakers rejected the offer of Barnes, Bogut and 1st rounder for Howard. They want both Thompson and Barnes in the deal, which Warriors would be stupid to take. The Warriors claim they have found suitors for Biedrins, Bogut and Jefferson if Howard wants to sign. The Lakers would be stupid at this point to turn down the previous offer, yes its helping a division rival. But they have to get something for Howard, the team is so far off at competing now with Kobe being out and Nash, Gasol aging.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#209 : July 05, 2013, 07:06:48 PM

so howard to the rockets.  should be interesting.  i dont know enough to know how he'll mesh with their team.  seems like playing with curry and thompson would have given him plenty of space to operate in GS.  heck, he could have led the league in assists when the doubles came!

Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012-2013 NBA thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools