Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012-2013 NBA thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#210 : July 05, 2013, 11:29:03 PM

Should be interesting. Harden lives to drive a lot and Howard is gonna get in the way of that.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#211 : July 06, 2013, 09:11:09 AM

I think between Harden and Parsons, they'll be able to make it work with Dwight.  Lin is the wild card in my mind.  Do they keep him?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#212 : July 06, 2013, 10:20:46 AM

I think between Harden and Parsons, they'll be able to make it work with Dwight.  Lin is the wild card in my mind.  Do they keep him?
I think they deal Asik and sign Josh Smith. Lin is probably untradeable with his contract.  Also they will have to keep some money to resign Parson next year, he is making pennies on the dollar right now.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#213 : July 06, 2013, 10:26:05 AM

I think they deal Asik and sign Josh Smith. Lin is probably untradeable with his contract. 
doesnt asik have a contract similiar to lin?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#214 : July 06, 2013, 11:43:46 AM

I think they deal Asik and sign Josh Smith. Lin is probably untradeable with his contract. 
doesnt asik have a contract similiar to lin?
Its the same exact amount actually. But people were already asking about Asik before Howard, Lin was never really mentioned. Asik will be making 8,374,646 this year and next, I would pay that to a Big Man that can average a double double. Asik also had a solid post season where Lin was beyond terrible.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#215 : July 06, 2013, 10:19:01 PM

I think they deal Asik and sign Josh Smith. Lin is probably untradeable with his contract.  Also they will have to keep some money to resign Parson next year, he is making pennies on the dollar right now.

The Pistons signed Josh Smith today.  Crazy money.   4 years, 56mil.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#216 : July 07, 2013, 12:21:19 AM

Pistons signing Smith, why? They  have Drummond and Monroe to build around.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#217 : July 07, 2013, 12:25:23 AM

Cavaliers sign Jarret Jack. I like that move.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#218 : July 07, 2013, 03:31:02 AM

Jarret Jack! Solid signing for a good amount. We got our PG/SG off the bench and a guy that could start if Waiters or Irving go down. I can't believe Pistons paid Smith that kinda money, 14 million is way too much for him. I really liked what the Pistons were doing before that too.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#219 : July 07, 2013, 04:57:04 PM

Jarret Jack! Solid signing for a good amount. We got our PG/SG off the bench and a guy that could start if Waiters or Irving go down. I can't believe Pistons paid Smith that kinda money, 14 million is way too much for him. I really liked what the Pistons were doing before that too.

I thought this was funny from Schefter..

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter22h
RT @adbrandt: Guaranteed money -- Joe Flacco/Ravens: $52 million; Aaron Rodgers/Packers: $54 million; Josh Smith/Pistons: $56 million.

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter23h
Just because: Josh Smith, Pistons agreed to four-year, $56 million deal.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#220 : July 07, 2013, 05:59:58 PM

I thought this was funny from Schefter..

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter22h
RT @adbrandt: Guaranteed money -- Joe Flacco/Ravens: $52 million; Aaron Rodgers/Packers: $54 million; Josh Smith/Pistons: $56 million.

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter23h
Just because: Josh Smith, Pistons agreed to four-year, $56 million deal.
Its stupid how NBA contracts work with everything being guaranteed. It lets guys like Arenas play really well for a period of time, get paid and just suck and the team can do nothing about it.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#221 : July 08, 2013, 02:27:35 PM

Cavs may land Bynum on a 1 year deal. If he can stay healthy for his usual 50-60 games a year we could be a good playoff team. Our bench is looking a helluva a lot better too so far.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#222 : July 10, 2013, 09:09:36 PM

Cavs may land Bynum on a 1 year deal. If he can stay healthy for his usual 50-60 games a year we could be a good playoff team. Our bench is looking a helluva a lot better too so far.

Chris Broussard is sayin its a done deal.  Good signing IF he is healthy.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#223 : July 10, 2013, 09:35:36 PM

Chris Broussard is sayin its a done deal.  Good signing IF he is healthy.
If hoping the rumors are true and we will do a sign and trade with the 6ers and take Thad Young from them too. This will preserve Bynum bird rights should he become the player he was with the Lakers and give us a solid SF.

EDIT: Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO 1h
Now, source says, keep eye out for Cavs' possible pursuit of SF Andrei Kirilenko.
Ak47 wouldn't be a bad signing, but we only have around 3-4 mill left in cap and he opted out of a 10 million dollar year, so can't see him going that low.
: July 10, 2013, 09:50:14 PM Legend

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#224 : July 11, 2013, 11:00:59 AM

RealGM ‏@RealGM 9h
Report: Dwight Howard's Camp Asked Lakers If They Would Consider Amnestying Kobe Bryant

Lakers should've told Dwight to get out at that point.

Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012-2013 NBA thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools