Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012-2013 NBA thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#225 : July 11, 2013, 12:05:27 PM

RealGM ‏@RealGM 9h
Report: Dwight Howard's Camp Asked Lakers If They Would Consider Amnestying Kobe Bryant

Lakers should've told Dwight to get out at that point.
just wow.  and now we know the real reason kobe dropped dwight as an internet friend.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#226 : July 11, 2013, 12:07:29 PM

RealGM ‏@RealGM 9h
Report: Dwight Howard's Camp Asked Lakers If They Would Consider Amnestying Kobe Bryant

Lakers should've told Dwight to get out at that point.
just wow.  and now we know the real reason kobe dropped dwight as an internet friend.
I thought all along the reason Dwight didn't like LA was Kobe and because Kobe didn't put up with his **CENSORED**. Howard can't handle being told like it is or the spotlight. If I was a player, I would love to play with someone like Kobe.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#227 : July 11, 2013, 12:13:46 PM

If I was a player, I would love to play with someone like Kobe.
lets be honest...you would hate it.  but you'd love the results that would probably come!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#228 : July 11, 2013, 09:59:42 PM

Dwight Howard is **CENSORED**e bag for even asking that. Like him or not you should more respect for one of the greats,especially when he carried your overrated, whiny ass all season.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#229 : July 11, 2013, 10:01:55 PM

Dwight Howard is **CENSORED**e bag for even asking that. Like him or not you should more respect for one of the greats,especially when he carried your overrated, whiny ass all season.
Lakers should asked him how many points he had in that final playoff game and then came back with well Kobe has won us that many rings too. So see ya, enjoy being on a 2nd best team. The Rockets won't win anything with that current line up.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#230 : July 11, 2013, 10:07:41 PM

Lakers should asked him how many points he had in that final playoff game and then came back with well Kobe has won us that many rings too. So see ya, enjoy being on a 2nd best team. The Rockets won't win anything with that current line up.
Points?.. They should have asked him he planned on hitting a free throw from time to time. That dude is so overrated.. I was happier than a pig in shyt when he left. My team might have a rough stretch coming up but I'm glad he won't be around because its not like we would won anything with him being the centerpiece anyway. He's not that great.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#231 : July 11, 2013, 10:09:05 PM

Agree.  If I was listing the top contenders for next season, the Rockets would not come to mind.  Besides Miami, I like the Pacers, Cavs, Memphis, and possibly the Spurs, if they can somehow reload quickly.  The Clippers are putting together a nice team also.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#232 : July 11, 2013, 10:19:24 PM

Agree.  If I was listing the top contenders for next season, the Rockets would not come to mind.  Besides Miami, I like the Pacers, Cavs, Memphis, and possibly the Spurs, if they can somehow reload quickly.  The Clippers are putting together a nice team also.
I hope the Cavs can become a contender, we still have a few holes. But I think we can make some noise.

Also, yeah Dwight is overrated by many. His offensive game has not developed very much over his career. His post game consist of a jump hook and sky hook. Otherwise he has to be fed the ball for a dunk. Hell I would actually take Bynum over him if, Bynum could ever stay healthy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#233 : July 19, 2013, 09:45:06 PM

Looks like the Bynum signing is complete. A whole lot of incentives in the contract.  Can't blame the Cavs for trying to protect themselves.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#234 : July 30, 2013, 11:30:33 PM

Surprise team in the EAST could be the Charlotte Bobcats. They got who I thought would be the top pick in the draft, Cody Zeller. The kid is as fast as most Guards, and has unreal lateral quicks, which was very evident in Summer League. He was flying all over on defense and never seemed to tire like so may 7 footers do. A good passer, so the Bobcats plan to play him in the hight post with newly signed Al Jefferson in the low post. As active as Zeller is, I don't see scoring being a problem for him. This from a team that had ZERO low post activity last season. With the agile 7'0" Zeller at PF and Kidd-Gilchrist at SF, I think Jefferson's not gonna be exposed all that much on D like he was on the defenseless Utah Jazz, so he'll be focused on scoring and rebounding. This could be a fun team to keep an eye on, but I doubt they'll make the playoffs; I'd guess they'll finish 9th or 10th...
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012-2013 NBA thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools