Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the elephant in the election « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
« #120 : November 01, 2012, 12:20:54 AM »

Lowery, who gave the benediction at the January 2009 inauguration of President Barack Obama, told the audience of up to 300 African-Americans “that when he was a young militant, he used to say all white folks were going to hell. Then he mellowed and just said most of them were. Now, he said, he is back to where he was,” according to an Oct. 31 report in the Monroe County Reporter newspaper.

“I don’t know what kind of a n—– wouldn’t vote with a black man running,” Lowery also told the audience in the St. James Baptist Church in Forsyth, Ga., according to the Reporter.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/31/all-whites-are-going-to-hell-says-civil-rights-icon/

wreck ship

Pro Bowler

« #121 : November 01, 2012, 12:45:30 AM »

Lowery, who gave the benediction at the January 2009 inauguration of President Barack Obama, told the audience of up to 300 African-Americans “that when he was a young militant, he used to say all white folks were going to hell. Then he mellowed and just said most of them were. Now, he said, he is back to where he was,” according to an Oct. 31 report in the Monroe County Reporter newspaper.

“I don’t know what kind of a n—– wouldn’t vote with a black man running,” Lowery also told the audience in the St. James Baptist Church in Forsyth, Ga., according to the Reporter.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/31/all-whites-are-going-to-hell-says-civil-rights-icon/
keeping on topic...good for you.
Racism is embedded in American culture however, if you want to put it to final rest, you have to address it and if you address it, you have to deal with the root causes of racism without emotion or guilt.
Racism in america can be traced to slavery and early biblical teachings of white superiority and black inferiority. This complex plays out today with election season in full form. You can see it right here in this thread where someone posted a gif of an african child nodding off. Are there black racist? Yes and w/o a doubt, but it is a different kind of racism. Not one born of some inferiority complex but of disdain for past and current aggression's.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #122 : November 01, 2012, 10:12:59 AM »

If you're trying to say "justified," why don't you just come out with it? That is what you mean isn't it, racism is intolerable when other groups do it, but justified when yours does it?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
« #123 : November 01, 2012, 11:40:47 AM »

I just think it is amazing that the American people had to listen to that guy at one of the most important functions this country has.  An embarrassment and truly disheartening.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #124 : November 01, 2012, 12:18:53 PM »

I have not bothered reading everything in between but this thread seems to start with your post that, essentially, a  "vote against Obama and you are a racist" and ends (for now) with your post comparing republicans to Klan members.  You should be ashamed of yourself, but I doubt you are.
please show me were at even implied that a vote against Obama is racism. pretty please

Not surpirised that  you would now back away from it, but you started a thread entitled "elephant in the election" by posting an article that linked the two:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Racial attitudes have not improved in the four years since the United States elected its first black president, an Associated Press poll finds, as a slight majority of Americans now express prejudice toward blacks whether they recognize those feelings or not.
Those views could cost President Barack Obama votes as he tries for re-election

So, some votes against Obama will be due to racism, known and unknown by the voter. Nice.

You have then posted several comments linking the alternative to Obama with racism. As I pointed out with your Republicans = KKK post (incidentally, how are you differemt than a racist with a comment like that) and in ghe bginnin g of your thread you posted this about the prospect of Obama losing:

lol...looks like more decades or centuries of racism on the menu but hey, we might have this deficit under control by them. lol

The only thing worse than a racist calling others racists is a chicken-spit racist not owning his bad behavior. Makes you a racist and a coward, I guess, un;ess you can tell me what the "elephant" is other than racism?
I posted a thread titled "the elephant in the election" because racism is the issue no one wants to confront in this election. Did I ever define racism? No. I posted an article where a poll was conducted to gauge the racial attitudes of voters(dems and repubs) in this election where they compared it to the same poll from four yrs ago. Not surprisingly, racial attitudes increased towards blacks and hispanics. Why is this you think? Maybe someone here will explain this trend...NOT! 7+ pages of excuses and finger pointing. A simple poll, revealing a real issue for some americans, that has been bashed into oblivion and mocked like only the conservative extremist are capable of. Thanks for nothing

Way to own it.....

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #125 : November 01, 2012, 02:59:29 PM »

If you vote against Romney then you obviously hate Mormons and you are a sect-ist.

jbear

Pro Bowler

« #126 : November 08, 2012, 01:35:26 PM »

Two days after the elcetion and wreck ship is still MIA. I guess he's is still hung over from his "Victory over whitey" party.  Racists... gotta love em.
« : November 08, 2012, 01:37:08 PM jbear »

wreck ship

Pro Bowler

« #127 : November 08, 2012, 05:18:32 PM »

Two days after the elcetion and wreck ship is still MIA. I guess he's is still hung over from his "Victory over whitey" party.  Racists... gotta love em.
you said it, not me.
But since you mentioned it, me and the homeys bbq'd  chicken, beef, and pork thanks to your contribution to our food stamps. We had all the fixins too and with the money saved, we bought all the old english malt liquor the store had.
I don't think they want us back

jbear

Pro Bowler

« #128 : November 08, 2012, 10:31:02 PM »

you said it, not me.
But since you mentioned it, me and the homeys bbq'd  chicken, beef, and pork thanks to your contribution to our food stamps. We had all the fixins too and with the money saved, we bought all the old english malt liquor the store had.

haha! glad to see you have a sense of humor.  At least thats something to hang your hat on. 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #129 : November 09, 2012, 09:04:21 AM »

Map and rest of the story at link...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2230222/Presidential-Election-2012-Map-charts-racist-tweets-nation.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

A great deal of Americans were justifiably upset when Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney lost the election.

But rather than using social media to express their frustration and disappointment in an elegant way, many Twitter users instead used the platform to post shockingly racist tweets, calling President Obama a ‘n*****’ and a ‘monkey.’

A map collected by Floating Sheep, a collective of geography academics, shows the shocking demographic of racist 'hate tweets,' many of them collected from states that were won by Romney.

The majority of the tweets, as Jezebel noted, were often from young white residents in southern states. MailOnline has chosen not to name these social media users.

One male user wrote on Election Day following Romney’s loss: ‘Ok we pick a worthless n***** over a full blooded American what the h*** has our world come its (sic) called the white house for a reason.’

Another wrote: ‘F*** you, Obama. Your (sic) a stupid n***** and you don’t do anything good for our country.’

Using geodata called DOLLY (Data On Local Life and You), Floating Sheep mapped out tweets beginning November 1. They then calculated the percentage of each state’s so-called hate tweets in relation to the gross number of tweets coming out of that state.

The site noted, too, that the phenomenon wasn’t only in the south – a series of racist tweets trickled up the Eastern Seaboard, and could also be found in Utah and Missouri.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2230222/Presidential-Election-2012-Map-charts-racist-tweets-nation.html#ixzz2BjZxA12D
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2230222/Presidential-Election-2012-Map-charts-racist-tweets-nation.html#ixzz2BjZJKg6g
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #130 : November 09, 2012, 09:10:27 AM »

that article is laughable.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
« #131 : November 09, 2012, 09:46:29 AM »

Anyone coming to Wrecked's defense is telling.  Joe must have conveniently missed all of the tweets calling for riots if Romney wins.   

wreck ship

Pro Bowler

« #132 : November 09, 2012, 09:55:47 AM »

Anyone coming to Wrecked's defense is telling.  Joe must have conveniently missed all of the tweets calling for riots if Romney wins.
i don't need anyone to come to my defense cause I didnt write the article numbnuts.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
« #133 : November 09, 2012, 10:40:12 AM »

you said it, not me.

Damn, I love BBQ. Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

Think I'll pass on the Malt Liquor though.

But if you have any orange soda and maybe some menthol cigarettes you can put me down for those.

wreck ship

Pro Bowler

« #134 : November 09, 2012, 10:57:49 AM »

you said it, not me.

Damn, I love BBQ. Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

Think I'll pass on the Malt Liquor though.

But if you have any orange soda and maybe some menthol cigarettes you can put me down for those.
4sho...hit me up from your Obama phone when you come through and bring some grape blunt wraps. We'll be celebrating this one all weekend!

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the elephant in the election « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools