Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 33

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#420 : January 02, 2013, 12:50:07 AM

Isn't it amazing that some spend so much time trying to make excuses for Barron saying well he was a rookie and we had awful CB? Sorry I could care less who played CB fact of the matter is Barron was drafted at a number where it demands instant production and play making ability. Hate Mo all you want but why the hell would you waste a #7 pick on a guy who then needs others to help him? People bashed Cadillac as a bust but at least he had some splash plays before he got hurt. Mo may or may not turn out to be elite but he has the ability to change a game more than a S who can't cover. He'll sounds like we drafted a glorified LB. Hate you will appreciate this, you were a Patrick Peterson non believer but would you rather have Peterson or Barron on this team? Mo is not the freak athlete PP7/21 is but anybody who watched him play in college knows he has shut down ability. You ask do I expect Ed Reed plays HELL YES I do, he was drafted seventh overall when we could have drafted someone else in round two, three or four that would give us the same thing. Comparing Barron to Phillips is true and nobody would draft Phillips in the first round let alone top ten pick.

Look at it like this also, S has the ability to make splash plays with little if any help as a lot of times they are one on one with guys. QB and RB need an OL to block for them. Doug Martin made more splash plays in one game than Barron did ALL YEAR.

Calling Mo a moron just because he refused to finish the stupid Wonderlic (hell why would anybody take such a stupid test) does not make Barron better, it is just making excuses as to why yet again this front office, scouting department and coaching staff does not know how to draft. Anybody who has any trust in Dominik and or Hickey is just not looking at all the wasted picks this franchise has had.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#421 : January 02, 2013, 12:51:59 AM

Barron will be a bust unless he is better than Ed Reed, better than Troy Polumalu and I doubt any of you would say you think that is even possible.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#422 : January 02, 2013, 12:55:37 AM

Barron will be a bust unless he is better than Ed Reed, better than Troy Polumalu and I doubt any of you would say you think that is even possible.

Now THAT is a ridiculous statement...... Java-esque, if you will. Is Claiborne a bust if he's not the next Deion Sanders?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#423 : January 02, 2013, 01:10:44 AM

If Mo is not a ProBowl player and difference maker, YES. He was drafted in a spot that demands splash plays. Will Mo be Prime Time doubtful but I think Mo will be closer to Deion than Barron to Reed my friend.

The next Prime Time plays in Arizona, maybe you heard of him, PATRICK PETERSON.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#424 : January 02, 2013, 01:13:25 AM

So you think Claiborne is a bust because he can't be Deion because Peterson is Deion and Claiborne isn't Peterson. I'm glad the Bucs went with Barron rather than that bust, Claiborne, then.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#425 : January 02, 2013, 01:13:43 AM

Hate I value your opinion a lot and I think even you would say CB is a more premium pick than S so in short Barron better be a helluva lot better than Mo!!

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#426 : January 02, 2013, 01:27:08 AM

Where did I say Mo is or would be a bust? I am a big fan of Mo but serious he is no Deion. With that being said Barron is no John Lynch who was not a first round pick.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#427 : January 02, 2013, 06:01:30 AM

Barron has not impressed.

This upcoming season is going to be big for him. If he has the same deficiencies next season, he is all but certain to be labelled a bust. Picking a SS that early demands impact production. He made very little. But I could argue that the last play on defense was a game saver against an absolute stud TE. We will see.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#428 : January 02, 2013, 07:53:24 AM

Now THAT is a ridiculous statement...... Java-esque, if you will. Is Claiborne a bust if he's not the next Deion Sanders?

No, but again this is why you don't draft an S.

Tell you what. Take out all the pro bowl players in both leagues and make Barron as good as whatever you think the best not pro bowl player is at his spot. How excited are you to have that guy? Now, do the same for MoMO?

That's about the answer. A S HAS to be a Pro Bowler (and even then pro bowl S is sometimes just a someone has to get it type of gig) to be anything other than JAG. A CB can be Brian Kelly for 10 years and still be useful.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#429 : January 02, 2013, 08:14:30 AM

Barron being a rookie is an excuse.

Actually that is not an excuse , it is a fact , simpy.

Here's the short version of crayons/construction paper for the simpleton:

Other top 15 picks, like Eric Berry and Earl Thomas, played better as rookies than Barron did.  Harrison Smith, who is a rookie, played better than Barron did this season.  They didn't need the excuse of rookie.

...so in your world , every player matures and develops at the exact same rate , and other factors such as supporting cast and scheme play absolutely zero role.  Spoken like a true simpleton.

Troy Palomalu had a much worse rookie season than Eric Berry and Earl Thomas , yet he is the better player. How could this be simpy , under your brilliant philosophy?

Unless you are dumb enough to make the argument , which you may be , that all good players come into the league fully developed and already at the top of the profession , then you can't say being a rookie is an excuse.  It's a documented fact that the majority of rookies take time to adjust and develop at the next level. The ones who don't are the exception.

Want to hear an excuse ? Listen to the Grimmlins say it's impossible for a 23 year old to heal a broken bone from 2 years ago , despite the fact that NFL players come back from worse every season , lol.
: January 02, 2013, 08:16:02 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#430 : January 02, 2013, 08:18:08 AM

You really are the stupidest person on this board. Congrats , because Buggs is stiff competition .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#431 : January 02, 2013, 09:58:18 AM

I get where Samari is coming from. He doesn't word it very well, but safety is NOT a high value position. Taking safeties in the top 10 is not common. So when a team takes a safety at #7 it does put unrealistic expectations on him. So honestly he probably will be considered a bust by many if he does not live up to those standards of guys like Reed and Polumalu. Those unrealistic standards were caused by the Bucs organization though, not Barron.

More than any other position, great safeties and running backs can be found, and are consistently found in the mid to late rounds. There just isn't value in taking a safety in the 1st round, especially the top 10....unless he is that elite Reed/Polumalu type of freak.

El Diablo

Starter

#432 : January 02, 2013, 10:08:35 AM

It is a bit weird to pick up a safety in the top 10 but time will tell the story as always. He has all the physical tools to be a very good safety maybe even great if he dedicates himself to learning the game. It's not like he played like sabby last year or something.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#433 : January 02, 2013, 04:33:17 PM

It's pretty simple. Decide who is the 10th best CB in the league and then who the 10th best S is. Look at how much they're getting paid. Chances are the 10th best CB is making $10 million per season and the 10th best S is making $5 million per season. That's all you need to know about who it's ok to use a high draft pick and only get an above average CB and it's not ok to use it on an above average S.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#434 : January 02, 2013, 05:05:46 PM

Well we can't go back in time to redo the pick can we? Lets just hope Barron is a good player for us. Does he need to be Ed Reed or Polomaulu? Not for me. He just needs to be some what of a difference maker out there. I don't expect him to be able to do that as a rookie and with a bad secondary with him. But I will expect him to soon and as they build up the secondary around him.
Page: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 33
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools