Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 33

LBBoogies

Practice Squad
#15 : November 02, 2012, 09:39:26 AM

If we stay put at 5, We don't get that 4th round pick that we trade to Denver to move up for Doug Martin. Is Claiborne worth Barron + Martin?

Draft Alfred Morris in the 5th round.   He's a better back than Martin anyway.

Considering that Martin just led all NFL players in yards from scrimmage in only his second month in the league, this looks like ANOTHER really stupid comment java.

Fixed it for you...

youngone

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 02, 2012, 09:50:02 AM

Why replace one stupid player with another ?

There will be plenty of good corners in the draft that we can draft next year ... one's who can actually read at a 3rd grade level.
Lol

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : November 02, 2012, 10:22:22 AM

If we stay put at 5, We don't get that 4th round pick that we trade to Denver to move up for Doug Martin. Is Claiborne worth Barron + Martin?

Considering that Martin just led all NFL players in yards from scrimmage in only his second month in the league, this looks like a really stupid comment java.

Morris has 717 yards rushing and 5 TDs so far this year.

Martin has 543 yards rushing and 3 TDs so far this year.

I've seen them both play.   Morris is a much tougher back than Martin.

DamianG

Rookie

#18 : November 02, 2012, 10:31:52 AM

If were gonna spend another pick on a troubled Corner in the draft might as well get someone worth it....thats right.. the honey badger ;)

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 02, 2012, 10:33:09 AM

No offense Java but I don't think anyone here trusts your talent evaluations pal. I mean, you think Tebow and Hillis are both ballers so I don't know if I can take your "analysis" seriously. Also Alfred Morris isn't white so you probably don't know much about him anyway.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 02, 2012, 10:35:51 AM

Considering that Martin just led all NFL players in yards from scrimmage in only his second month in the league, this looks like a really stupid comment java.

Morris has 717 yards rushing and 5 TDs so far this year.

Martin has 543 yards rushing and 3 TDs so far this year.

Martin has 16 receptions for 224 yards and 1 TD

Morris has 5 receptions for 35 yards and 0 TD

Both are good backs but I think Martin is a more complete all around back.
: November 02, 2012, 10:37:50 AM sunrisejeff

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#21 : November 02, 2012, 10:40:40 AM

Barron was a more solid pick.  He is a baller.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#22 : November 02, 2012, 11:10:58 AM

If we could literally trade Barron for Claiborne, I'd do it.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 02, 2012, 11:56:58 AM

Claiborne was the slam dunk pick IMO. Barron is solid but I thought he was poor value where we took him.
: November 02, 2012, 12:37:03 PM bradentonian

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 02, 2012, 12:13:59 PM

Too bad we could send Fennelly to Boston in the deal too.

what exactly about his article do you disagree with? the sentiment here among posters is exactly what Fennelly is writing.
The sentiment among posters? So we should bow to your perception of conformity?
Nowhere in my post do I disagree with getting rid of Talib. What I have a problem with is the knee jerk impractical approach Fennelly and other locals abide by; you can't build Rome in a day and you can't release every problem at once. Follow his mentality and you don't get that fourth back. IMHO we got rid of Talib at the right time. Did we mess up in terms of Claiborne vs. Barron? Off the field stuff could come into play then too. But we only are looking at half the picture.

In Verner We Trust

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#25 : November 02, 2012, 12:26:36 PM

I'm good with the draft pick of Baron, he's going to be solid for many years. What they SHOULD have done was opened up the wallet a couple of off-seasons ago to sign Jonathan Joseph, instead they did NOTHING in the offseasons until this most recent ones. I think the draft and free agency needs to address the CBs and D-Line.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 02, 2012, 12:29:59 PM

People claiming the Bucs should've taken this guy over that guy after 7 games into the season...genius!!!

Maybe I should bump that "Kuechy is a bust" thread that was started after Week 1. Since that game, Keuchly has 58 tackles in 6 games including double digit tackles in 4 of those games.

SMH

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 02, 2012, 12:34:52 PM

Obviously yes. Claiborne has been outstanding here in Dallas and Barron looks like he's a guy who, like people thought, is a good run supporter with issues in coverage, Winning the run game has helped us beat teams like KC and MIN so I guess if you want to beat bad teams we made the right move.

7 games into our season and the answer is obvious?

LOL.

Get back to me in a year or two. Some people never learn.

Tells us again how Lorig is a waste of a roster spot.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 02, 2012, 12:41:00 PM

Nah I like getting Barron and Martin. Im good with that.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 02, 2012, 12:43:46 PM

Nope, I am very happy we traded down.

Martin + Barron > Claiborne.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 33
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In Hindsight....Should the Bucs have stayed at #5 and drafted Morris Claiborne ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools